Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Pg. 782: Trip report inc. some Thunderbird construction
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby Big-M » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:47 pm

ginzo wrote:I heard Knoebels is looking for some trains.

For what?
Favorite Woodie: Boulder Dash!
Favorite Steelie: Kawasemi!

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:50 pm

SFGAm Shock Wave wrote:^Darien Lake only got 2 of the 3 trains. This year, Voyage will be running the one remaining original train and one brand new 7 car PTC Train.

Holiday World bought 5 cars so they will have enough to make a 2nd 7-car train, so it won't be a completely new PTC train.

Just remember the trains sent out to Holiday World are basically prototypes, so I'm not surprised at all. It's going to take time to work everything out =)

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby kcsteve » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:46 pm

DJeXeL wrote:Has Voyage ever ran 3 trains?

Paula could answer that best.

I've only been there for HoliWood Nights the past three years and they only had two running. They've got loading down to a science and two work great with the way they do things. Actually, I think I may have asked Will about that one time and he said three trains didn't really help with throughput. The third train would just keep people waiting in the brake run.

Plus, with two trains, they don't need to use the brake at the end of the turn around before the triple-down.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby THE ONE » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:34 pm

DJeXeL wrote:Has Voyage ever ran 3 trains?

Yes. I attended Holiwood Nights in 2006 and they ran all 3 trains during ERT Saturday night. I'm not sure about Friday night.

Postby Raven Maven » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:13 am

^ kcsteve -- that's correct.

Thanks, Paula
Paula Werne
Holiday World Communications
HoliBlog, Facebook & HoliTwit

Piers' latest smashpiece

Postby Joe Cool » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:18 pm

Just booked my hotel for Holiwood Nights. Cannot wait for my first trip to Holiday World. :airtime:
DUCKS FLY TOGETHER!!!!!!

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby SenseOFone » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:34 pm

Good to see they're being incredibly patient with those new trains :) Something tells me SOB and other such coaster accidents keep flashing through their minds. These trains are supposed to be next gen for a woodie, but if anything goes wrong, that track won't be as nice to the trains or the riders as a calmer woodie like Wooden Warrior. That just means anyone who hasn't ridden it with the PTCs should head out there this season :D I got to ride on both the original PTC train, and the Ravage train last summer! So if I get back there with the TLs, I'll have three separate credits on that beast, according to Jeff Johnson ;)
Formerly Rollerman87

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby CoasterBoyJosh » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:28 pm

Another year without Timberliners? A few more spots dropped in Mitch's poll :-/

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:00 am

^What if it"s even less re-ridable with them? :roll:
Order your copy of What's in a Brain? Now!
Chris Hill says,"I do not condone smoking pot, but this DVD rocks when your stoned!"
SEXY IS BACK!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:49 pm

Holiday World has sent us a press release about their next TV coverage, this time on the Travel Channel's Burt the Conqueror.

The host of the wildly popular Travel Channel reality show, “Bert the Conqueror” will travel to Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari next month to “conquer” two of the world’s top-ranked rides.

“We hear that Bert hollers like a little girl on roller coasters,” says park president Dan Koch. “I hope that means he’ll drown out my screams.”

Comedian Bert Kreischer is an “everyman” who travels the country, conquering extreme rides, sports and unusual competitions. During his two-day visit to Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari on May 6 and 7, he’ll attempt to “conquer” The Voyage roller coaster and Wildebeest water coaster, each voted the world’s top rides of their kind.

“Plus, mom is planning an extra special challenge for Bert,” says Koch, referring to Pat Koch, the park’s 79-year-old matriarch. “I sure hope he’s ready…”

According to show producers, Holiday World was the "most demanded" venue for Bert to feature in his show's second season.

To select the families who will ride with Bert each day, the park is conducting “open auditions” by video and email through April 20. In under 60 seconds or 175 words, families are asked to explain why they should be chosen to ride along with Bert. Complete rules are explained on the park’s blog at http://HolidayWorld.com/HoliBlog.

“Bert the Conqueror” airs Sunday evenings on The Travel Channel, which is available in more than 94 million U.S. households. The Holiday World episode is expected to air in June.

Holiday World will open its 65th season on May 7 with the debut of Rudolph’s Round-Up, a new children’s ride; Splashin’ Safari will open May 13 with the premiere of Safari Sam’s SplashLand. For more information about the parks, visit http://www.HolidayWorld.com or call 1-877-Go-Family.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!