TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

I like the ride just the way it is, so waiting a year is fine by me.

Word.

Except instead of "like," I'd throw in "worship slavishly," or "love to a stalkerish degree" or something else along those lines.

Because of the extreme speeds and forces on The Voyage, we feel it is better to wait until there has been a full season of Timberliner-use elsewhere (on less extreme coasters which were designed with Timberliners in mind).

I thought Holiday World bought the Timberliners because they were told that the Timberliners were designed with The Voyage in mind.

^^ I think this is true, but having the Voyage as the first ride with them might not be the best idea. The Voyage (and Hades) are kind of extreme and I'd agree that testing them on a more "normal" ride might be best. I'd prefer them to get the "tweaked" design rather than the first of a kind. Gives them more data to use before the running them over the insane track that is The Voyage.

While I loved Voyage with PTCs, I think I'm more interested in riding it with TLs than trying to ride it this year.

Which is why I probably won't go to Holiday World this year But who knows. I think Wildebeest was just as good as Voyage.

That's too bad. I'll be going to Holiday World for the first time this July and was hoping to try the Voyage with new trains. With the PTC trains, I've heard it runs very rough. Hopefully they've done some track work so this isn't the case, as I think Voyage looks like a great ride and I would prefer to not experience it in its worst possible condition.

^If they're smart they won't do too much track work as the PTC's will just rip it apart and they'll have to do it all over again for 2012.

One of the conditions for getting the MF's on Gwazi was that Busch also did a really big retrack at the same time.

^If they're smart they won't do too much track work as the PTC's will just rip it apart and they'll have to do it all over again for 2012.

One of the conditions for getting the MF's on Gwazi was that Busch also did a really big retrack at the same time.

Agreed! If I'm not mistaken, running the PTC's caused them to have to do major track work every off season, right? Hence - the Timberliners.

Where are they gonna get the trains? before the 2010 season, the Voyage's old PTC trains were sent to Darien lake and now run on the predator. i really need to go to Darien lake again, because along with two new trains, they also did major re-tracking from 2008-2010 on the ride. It was good when i rode it in 2003, still good in 2004, but it was Awful in 2007. i seriously felt shoulder and chest pains after a backseat ride. i'm glad it's getting improved.

But it's a total bummer that holiday world cant run the new trains this season, but i guess it's for the better

How long have they been testing the timberliners with water dummies? Doesn't really make sense to me that water dummy testing isn't sufficient...

They must have found something pretty serious during testing.

So this means that the first official coaster running Timberliners will be Twister at Grona Lund?

Yay I'm riding in June!!!!!

Hey, Me too !

I'm going in August. I'm looking forward to seeing the new red trains, I think it will be a shorter train than the raven because of the fact that is has so many tight turns and drops, or am I wrong?

Has Voyage ever ran 3 trains?

Paula could answer that best.

I've only been there for HoliWood Nights the past three years and they only had two running. They've got loading down to a science and two work great with the way they do things. Actually, I think I may have asked Will about that one time and he said three trains didn't really help with throughput. The third train would just keep people waiting in the brake run.

Plus, with two trains, they don't need to use the brake at the end of the turn around before the triple-down.

Good to see they're being incredibly patient with those new trains Something tells me SOB and other such coaster accidents keep flashing through their minds. These trains are supposed to be next gen for a woodie, but if anything goes wrong, that track won't be as nice to the trains or the riders as a calmer woodie like Wooden Warrior. That just means anyone who hasn't ridden it with the PTCs should head out there this season I got to ride on both the original PTC train, and the Ravage train last summer! So if I get back there with the TLs, I'll have three separate credits on that beast, according to Jeff Johnson