TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Discovery Isle [RCT2]

Hello everyone! After a very long hiatus, I'm finally back! Enough talking, let's get to the park!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CDI - Discovery Isle

Small beginnings..

Florida - Amusement company, Creative Designs Incorporated, has finally announced a massive expansion to their park empire - Discovery Isle. Built on an island, this massive plot of land is the newest park since Baylands in California..

The park entrance has already gone up, two of the park's ferry terminals are visible in this picture.

The park's main fountain plaza is still a major work in progress..

The park's first attractions, the Discovery Carousel and the Bumper Cars. (Foreground and background, respectively.)

The main street monorail station - a beautiful building that rises up on a small hill.

Finally, the Discovery Isle Shopping plaza, there is a dark ride (log flume) called Tsunami Falls inside!

I must say, it's great to be back!

Edited by CoasterCreator9

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

In a recent press release CDI and Discovery Isle have announced the first coaster; Boardwalk Bullet. This CCI woodie travels through the tropical forests and along one of the park's large sandy beaches.

The station is situated behind the Discovery Isle Emporium/Shopping Center.

(As you can tell, expansions might be occuring soon! )

The lift hill rises high up above the beach and forest, must be quite the sight to walk through the entrance and see the coaster beind the buildings!

After a small airtime hill, trains fly through the double-up and turnaround. Here you can see the Yellow train.

Riders will then twist into the forest and around a helix over the water. Should create quite the thrill!

The final large "element" to this woodie is a second high speed turn, its layout is slightly like a scaled down Mamba.

A final set of sweeping turns slows the train just before the brake run and station.

And that concludes this update of Discovery Isle! As always, comments and criticism are welcome!

I love the third shot!

As do I.

I wouldn't call it the 'Boardwalk' Bullet 'cause it isn't on a boardwalk. But the ride itself looks sweet.

It does seem a bit incongruous with the area that it's in, but it's well designed nonetheless.

Ah, yes, but the question is, will it be on one? [/teaser]

• 3 weeks later...

I've been rather busy this morning.

____________________________________________________________________________________

DISCOVERY ISLE, A new amusement park going up on an island off the coast is preparing for it's grand opening...

That appeared in the news this morning.

Advertisements on TV showed all rides testing, and even some new ones!

Raider

Island Boardwalk

The Storm Towers (Cyclone, Typhoon, and Hurricane)

Chaos

Not shown:

Gale Force

Boardwalk Bullet

Whirlpool

I'm sure soon we'll see this park crawling with guests!

(Note: The next few updates will be in trip report format.)

Comments welcome!

Looks awesome! Love the name of the suspended coaster

My only real compliant is that it looks like the board walk is floating on the water, possible add supports underneath?

Either way, awesome park, keep up the good work!

Fixed

I love Storm Towers! Great concept and execution!

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Discovery Isle Opening Day Trip Report

By Ash West

Hello all! As many know, today was the long awaited opening of Discovery Isle! Rainstorms were on and off throughout the day, but overall it was a wonderful experience!

Most of us headed streight for the Carousel, an old favorite.

After that, Whirlpool! It was a great ride despite being a small kiddie coaster!

For lunch we took a break at the Ship Shop, which had some great Asian food. Soon it was raining, hopefully the rides wouldn't close..

Thankfully, most of the rides stayed open. We rode Raider and Grand Wheel next.

Boardwalk Bullet was a wild ride!

Suprisingly, the accelerator, Gale Force remained open. We rode it several times!

The layout was amazing!

Views from "The Storm Trio" as they are called, were incredible!

As we were leaving the park I saw this sign:

I hope to return soon!