Discovery Isle [RCT2]

Coasters and more!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Discovery Isle [RCT2]

Postby CoasterCreator9 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:44 am

Hello everyone! After a very long hiatus, I'm finally back! :b Enough talking, let's get to the park! ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CDI - Discovery Isle
Small beginnings..

Florida - Amusement company, Creative Designs Incorporated, has finally announced a massive expansion to their park empire - Discovery Isle. Built on an island, this massive plot of land is the newest park since Baylands in California..

The park entrance has already gone up, two of the park's ferry terminals are visible in this picture.

The park's main fountain plaza is still a major work in progress..

The park's first attractions, the Discovery Carousel and the Bumper Cars. (Foreground and background, respectively.)

The main street monorail station - a beautiful building that rises up on a small hill.

Finally, the Discovery Isle Shopping plaza, there is a dark ride (log flume) called Tsunami Falls inside!

I must say, it's great to be back! :b
Last edited by CoasterCreator9 on Sun May 15, 2011 2:10 pm.
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." Community Weather-Guy and Storm Spotter

Ass is another word for Donkey!

Re: [WIP] - Discovery Isle

Postby jakecallan » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:36 am

This looks really cool :) , i cant wait to see more. I love the way you have done the bumper cars, i dont know why but i love rides tucked up like that. :p

Jake

It all started with a donkey

Re: [WIP] - Discovery Isle

Postby the ghost » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:28 pm

Some of your building are give or take, but overall they look pretty good. However, the foliage and landscaping so far is phenomenal.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Discovery Isle [RCT2]

Postby MeMeMe » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:04 pm

I really love the monorail station and the fountain. This park is looking amazing so far! :lover:

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Califolf » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:12 pm

Off to a good start, can't wait for what's next. Keep it up! ^^
Micheal Adinso Rebrekal Folf, a (insert long scientific name here) and freelance cartoonist.

Art|Blog|Tweet|Tube/|\Echenima US|Echenima UK|Benetti | Folfenarios/|\Like MARF on FB
| Valleydog - my comic

Anybody who googles 'Mike Folf' expecting coasters and Theme Parks are bound to be severely disappointed, and please don't call me Califolf.

Re: Discovery Isle [RCT2] - Update

Postby CoasterCreator9 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:01 pm

In a recent press release CDI and Discovery Isle have announced the first coaster; Boardwalk Bullet. This CCI woodie travels through the tropical forests and along one of the park's large sandy beaches.

The station is situated behind the Discovery Isle Emporium/Shopping Center.

(As you can tell, expansions might be occuring soon! ;) )

The lift hill rises high up above the beach and forest, must be quite the sight to walk through the entrance and see the coaster beind the buildings!

After a small airtime hill, trains fly through the double-up and turnaround. Here you can see the Yellow train.

Riders will then twist into the forest and around a helix over the water. Should create quite the thrill!

The final large "element" to this woodie is a second high speed turn, its layout is slightly like a scaled down Mamba.

A final set of sweeping turns slows the train just before the brake run and station.

And that concludes this update of Discovery Isle! :b As always, comments and criticism are welcome!
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." Community Weather-Guy and Storm Spotter

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby braztaz » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:03 pm

I love the third shot!
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

Postby tdub96 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:04 pm

I wouldn't call it the 'Boardwalk' Bullet 'cause it isn't on a boardwalk. But the ride itself looks sweet.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ace Of Spades » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:05 pm

It does seem a bit incongruous with the area that it's in, but it's well designed nonetheless. :)
Steam|Xbox Live: Mooco2

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.” -Jeremy Clarkson

Postby CoasterCreator9 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:06 pm

braztaz wrote:I love the third shot!

As do I. =)

tdub96 wrote:I wouldn't call it the 'Boardwalk' Bullet 'cause it isn't on a boardwalk. But the ride itself looks sweet.

Ace Of Spades wrote:It does seem a bit incongruous with the area that it's in, but it's well designed nonetheless. :)

Ah, yes, but the question is, will it be on one? ;) [/teaser]

Next

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness