TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Parque Atracciones de Madrid & Parque Warner

rcjp

Great photos and great report!

I guess you went in August, am I right? In August the park launched a special discount during a specific week, and a loooot of people used it, much more than what was expected. As a consequence of this, the number of workers wasn't enough and the waiting times were longer than usual because of the slow operations. I'm telling this because I'm surprised for your bad queue experience: during the season the operations have been improved considerably, more employees have been hired and rides like Batman, La Venganza del Enigma or Coaster Express run much more faster and with more trains; this is one of the multiple improvements that the new director, Enrique Fontecha, has introduced along the season. For the first time in years we've got a GOOD director that knows what has to be done, something that in the next three years will be see...

What do you thing of Warner Beach? How much time did you spend in there? Do you think the price of the ticket is expensive? Do you think it is well themed? I want to know all the details, it is always interesting to know the opinion of a non-frequent visitor of the park

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no idea the oldest operating steel coaster was in Spain. Being from 1928 (according to RCDB) I'm glad it survived the Spanish Civil War as San Sebastián is in the Basque region which was against the Franco nationalists. It definitely looks like a concrete credit. Crazy it has no restraint of any kind, not even a simple seat belt, but that's Spain for you. I've been to several parts of Spain but not San Sebastián, so that's an area I need to check out in the future and hit up that Montaña Suiza while I'm at it. It was also great seeing pics of Madrid's two parks (which I haven't been to - although I did visit the city in 2001).

^Yes indeed the Basque Country was badly hurt in the war due to all those political reasons and today those different views (comparing it to most of the rest of Spain) are still clear. I didn't really know what to expect from the region and I was pleasantly surprised partly due to the great landscapes.

Great photos and great report!

I guess you went in August, am I right?

Thanks. No I actually went last Saturday to the park.

What do you thing of Warner Beach? How much time did you spend in there? Do you think the price of the ticket is expensive? Do you think it is well themed? I want to know all the details, it is always interesting to know the opinion of a non-frequent visitor of the park

I'm sorry but as I said in the report I spent very little time there and it was mainly to take a break from the coasters and especially heat. The impression I got was good considering the price as I thought it was nicely themed (although I didn't pay that much attention). Whether you should buy it or not depends on your priorities. For me it was obviously nice but I'm not sure if I would have done it if I was alone as I'm all about the coasters but for a family maybe it's a good option. The attractions were okay but I didn't try them all (just the wave pool and the two slides: green and blue). On top of that I have little water park experience as once more I'm all coasters but I definitely had a nice time and don't think it is expensive. If I return soon (or spend more than one day at the park) I might spend some more time there but for now I'm afraid that's all I have to say.

• 4 weeks later...

I was watching a POV of Abismo and, as there is no Parque Atracciones de Madrid thread yet, I thought I would ask this here: does anyone know if anything has been done to silence it? On the TPR video it seems to be a bit loud while when I went there it was pretty quiet. Just curious.