TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Cinecitta World opening weekend

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great TR Hanno, visited it myself on the 24th, was late for opening. Took the wrong exit...

Good to see that they really want to be given points were they can improve on. And i believe that many of those points will be taking care of by next year! Will be intresting to see what the future brings for this park...

Went to the park on Wednesday, had a wonderful time. It is still a new park and needs some time to grow. Erawan the drop tower was still down. Darkmare had multiple down times during the day, but it was my favorite attraction at the park. It is a great mix of dark ride and roller coaster featuring never in America graphics and theme. Altair was very fast and the four heartline turns in a row were disorienting. Rode the front and back seat, the back was very rough for a new coaster and shuttered the entire ride, the front seat was smooth. The lap bar only restraint was a plus. The addition of the cable lift made the ascent to the top quick and adds to the fast pacing of the ride.

The park was empty, hopefully they have a plan to make it through the first few months. I was usually the only rider on every ride I took, at the most there would be two others on a ride with me. The shows had bigger crowds, though the largest crowd I saw for the day was for Enigma and it was less than 100 in a huge theater. Enigma was a very good show and worth checking out. I enjoyed the All in 15 Minutes show as well. A good song driven dance review. All the show casts were very talented and a notch above many other theme park shows.

Food quality is worth mentioning as well. High quality at a reasonable price (for a theme park).

By comparison, Rainbow Magicland was busier the day before but still slow by summer theme park standards. Another nice park that is worth checking out. Shock is a great coaster and very re-rideable. Puts Rip Ride Rocket to shame. Plenty to do. Again most rides were a walk on. If there was a line just come back an hour later and it would be gone. They have added a walkthrough haunted house on the right side of the entry plaza. A fun addition that probably stuck around from a Halloween event.

my last ride on Colossus was when just brutal (as far as I can remember as it has been a while)

this one has lap bars (BIG plus compared to over the shoulder restraints) and feels more forceful and fun than colossus.

I was happy to see those lapbars in your photos. I'm glad it's an improvement over Colossus (never cared for that ride).

The park itself looks very nice, and I'm intrigued by the indoor coaster.

• 2 weeks later...

I might be one of the few but I love that white building you see before going into the park itself. I know compared to the main entrance it's bland but with the typeface and minimal details the park chose the building gives a Bauhaus-like feel. That said I'm a sucker for any minimalist or modern architecture.

Great photos as well; I love the shot of the train going through the quad-inline twist. Looks like a very fun park to visit.

Awesome report Hanno! I never realized how close to the ground the last inversion is on the 10 Inversion Coaster - wow! That's cool.

Loved the final "soak zone" photo! That was hilarious and it is nice to see you in front of the camera every now and then