TR: Saudi Arabia and Dubai - Wild Wadi and Sega Republic

Part 2 added with Sega Republic
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: TR: Saudi Arabia and Dubai - Wild Wadi and Sega Republi

Postby RoCo » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:52 pm

Wow, AWESOME report and photos! The nighttime shots of and from the Burj tower are MAGNIFICENT!
"The Internet? Is that thing still around?"

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby MrMorgan » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:44 pm

I agree, this is totally awesome. I realised I haven't seen many waterslide POVs, but nowadays with waterproof HD flipcams and whatnot, I bet there will be more and more popping up. You are a pioneer!

I have only ridden 1 Master Blaster style slide, and that was at the Therme Erding in Munich. It had uphill blasting parts, but also a lot of downhill sliding parts, including a fun *twisty* ending. The Master Blaster slides that you showed don't seem to have a lot of "sliding" parts, just mostly "blasting" parts. Is it still fun?

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Rastuso » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:08 pm

You are right, many of them at Wild Wadi brought you up about 30 feet to a higher elevation. There were then ones that were more of a combination of blasters and downhill sections. Some of those videos had more water on the lenses, so they aren't as good. That is one issue with filming waterslides. You have no way of cleaning off the lenses once you are in the slide. So at WW, anything after the first few slides was hard to get a good clean video of.

I've got some videos from Discovery Cover I still haven't finished with. One problem with my camera is that the speaker holes get filled with water, and then the sound is crappy. Again, not really sure how you can combat that.

-RO

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:17 pm

Thanks for posting this. I doubt I'll ever get to this part of the world, so I really enjoying seeing pictures of it.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:21 pm

Ah, I love looking at the Burj Khalifa. It's amazing what man has accomplished these days..
Chi life, live music, coasters, and traveling the world.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Double0Kevin » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:53 pm

PKI JizzMan wrote:Ah, I love looking at the Burj Khalifa. It's amazing what man has accomplished these days..

Agreed, And I'm not usually too bad with heights, but this one may test that were I to visit it.

Awesome second part. Can't wait to see the rest.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Rastuso » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:25 am

Sadly, this is the rest. I was only in Dubai for about 36 hours. I really wanted to ski, and the Atlantis waterpark looks pretty good too, and of course there is the new artic themed waterpark a bit to the North. I skipped the other two amusement parks. They are both very close to the airport, but they both looked like glorified carnivals.

-RO

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:53 am

Thanks for sharing, the videos and pictures were awesome. Also appreciate the time you took to give us a vivid explanation, great writing! Hope to get over there one day, my cousin and her husband live in that giant beast of a building, said she could see for miles. They are required to pay for the entire year up front, so one large (and I mean large, if I remember right, somewhere around 48k US) payment keeps them comfy.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Double0Kevin » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:29 am

Rastuso wrote:Sadly, this is the rest. I was only in Dubai for about 36 hours. I really wanted to ski, and the Atlantis waterpark looks pretty good too, and of course there is the new artic themed waterpark a bit to the North. I skipped the other two amusement parks. They are both very close to the airport, but they both looked like glorified carnivals.

-RO

Oh, my bad. I thought I read something about you going to Ferrari World. That's for the reports though, they were really enjoyable.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Coaster-Lab » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:08 pm

Oh nice :D I've been there :D I rode it 8 times ! and i got 6 rides for free because of my work experience at gerstlauer !!

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive