Photo TR: Disney's Typhoon Lagoon

Crush 'n' Gusher posted.....Page 4. TR complete!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Re: Photo TR: Disney's Typhoon Lagoon

Postby ghost007jas » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:49 pm

Phenomenal trip report, I found the entire thing very educational. Previously, neither of these water parks would have even been on my radar while planning a trip to WDW; but, after seeing this... I have to say that it would definitely be a must-do. I don't generally like water parks, but this could be the exception to the rule.

Thanks again for a great report and some really wonderful pictures.

Vote in the Coasterdom Coaster Championship every M/W/F!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby stingrock23 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:28 pm

Loved this trip report.

It's been since 96 since I've been to a disney water park. Not sure why I haven't wanted to go more, but this really makes me want to check out Typhoon Lagoon.
2007 TPR Midwest Trip,2008 TPR East Coast Trip,2009 TPR Deep South Trip

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:39 am

ghost007jas wrote:Phenomenal trip report, I found the entire thing very educational. Previously, neither of these water parks would have even been on my radar while planning a trip to WDW; but, after seeing this... I have to say that it would definitely be a must-do. I don't generally like water parks, but this could be the exception to the rule.

Thanks again for a great report and some really wonderful pictures.

Remember my motto, if its Disney its the best \ regardless of where you are or what it is as long as its not a live action comedy. Meaning everything at Disney is a must do! Awesome trip report!

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:51 am

ghost007jas wrote:I don't generally like water parks, but this could be the exception to the rule.

I really don't like water parks. But Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon are musts even for me. Definitely try them!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby tiger01 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:53 am

Thats it! The Banana Blaster I rode! I Really want to visit there again so I can ride it again! And Blizzard Beach! :Pr
I quit my job at the helium factory last week...I refused to be spoken to in that tone!

My newest rct3 park...Marine World [Rct3]

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Gambit » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:30 am

Great report! I love Typhoon Lagoon. Blizzard Beach is great but, if given the choice, I always go with TL. I love the theming (it makes me feel like I'm on Castaway Cay from Disney Cruise Line) and, this sounds weird, but the layout is so much simpler and easy to get around than BB. It's a circle, so you can just pick a spot and start making your way around. There's plenty to do but not so much that you stress out trying to do everything like a checklist. Don't get me wrong, I also enjoy BB (especially the theming) but it just seems busier, crazier, and harder to navigate.

And, yeah, the water in that Shark Lagoon is COLD!

Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:41 am

dude, censor your f!@#$ photos! crop out half that pic and its suddenly AWESOME!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Gambit » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:54 am

ParkTrips wrote:Image
dude, censor your f!@#$ photos! crop out half that pic and its suddenly AWESOME!

LOL!!! Nice. :br

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:00 pm

ParkTrips wrote:dude, censor your f!@#$ photos! crop out half that pic and its suddenly AWESOME!

Joe, I knew about the beer, but when did you become so passionate about coffee?
joes coffee.jpg
Viewed 833 times

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby PSiRockin » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:22 pm

Typhoon Lagoon is amazing. It's so overwhelming, with the bridges (I love the one over Mayday Falls) secluded areas, and great slides. The Storm Slides would be okay open, but the mix of caves and open sections are great for example. TL is a good example of where the Disney's great theming shines. I could spend a whole day there.
PsiRockin'
Earthbound - SNES

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive