TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weight Management Support/Enouragement thread

bert425

I'm falling off the wagon again.

(probably fluid retention but still) . . . doing the best I can, just can't shake the ghost of wanting my candy/other goodies.

I was going to go out to dinner for my birthday (the 31st) with my parents . . . but now I don't think it's likely.

not getting near the scale for at least another week.

let's just say there were lots of food options that were not good on our vacation, but I rationalized that I was on vacation and ate away.

but back on plan as of this morning (if we ignore the Spaghetti and meatballs w/ Garlic Bread I made for dinner last night.. .that I ate WAY too much of).

I had plateaued the last several weeks and ate horribly this weekend ( by design as it was our Cedar Point trip) Came home and weighed myself this morning. Down 3 pound from the last weigh ins. The best news though is for the first time in 8+ years I fit on Wicked Twister.

• 2 weeks later...

I have finally fallen below 240. Probably the first time since 2010. I came in at 238 today. My running has been going awesome and I made it through the month of craziness without falling off the wagon.

I hope everyone is still doing well as it has been really quite in this thread for weeks.

I have finally fallen below 240. Probably the first time since 2010. I came in at 238 today. My running has been going awesome and I made it through the month of craziness without falling off the wagon.

I hope everyone is still doing well as it has been really quite in this thread for weeks.

that's GREAT Ape! (lol).

congrats on breaking thru the barrier. I haven't been updating too frequently, as every time I plan to weigh we end up eating something with lots of carbs or sodium the day before and so I avoid the scale.

last time I weighed was on 6/14 (and I came in at 193.4.. so had dropped 2lbs since coming back from our vacation), so I was due this past weekend, but will wait and weigh on Wed..so I'll update then.

THINK I'm doing well tho, as i danced for 3 hours last night.. so my stamina is definitely back up from continuing my daily walks!

ok. so weighed myself this morning, and I GUESS i'm still going in the right direction?

i'm likely retaining a little fluid from the salty meals thus far this week, but went ahead and got on scale anyways, and came in at 192.8 lbs.

so down about 1/2 lb in 12 days. not great, but at least still a loss, so I'll take it.

not sure if I'm going to hit my goal of 185 by the time of my trip in about 3 weeks. . but hopefully will be just under 190.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah so I've been avoiding this thread like the plague. I have stuck to eating (mostly) good, but just haven't been active (its too hot!!!!) and haven't lost anything worth mentioning, just been hovering around 245-250lbs.*

ANYWAYS, the last week and a half I have finally have gotten back into, and have stuck with, a regular running regimen. I've been getting up every other day and going out walking/running in the mornings. I spend about 30 minutes total. I'm using the Couchto5K podcast so it starts with mostly powerwalking w/ short bursts of running, and each week the podcast changes with more running and less walking, etc etc until after 9 weeks you're just running. (The music dude plays is terrible, you've been warned). I did this 5 years ago w/ the same podcast and lost 50 lbs.

I feel great! Feel lighter all around, tearing up stairs, so much energy, sleeping so much better. It's a struggle to go early in the morning (alarm goes off at 5:45, I try to be out by 6/6:15 at the latest) but I push through and get out there as I know I'll feel great after (love that runners high!) and the rest of the day. I'm far enough into it that I'm feeling results and should start seeing some soon, so that's motivation enough to keep going. Just needed to get over that hurdle.

So yeah. Just checking in. Don't count me out yet.

* I did ride Bizarro @ Great Adventure last week, which I normally need an extra push on, but was able to snap the belt on my own, so that's something!

my metabolism has slowed to the point that I'm only dropping ~1 lb every 8 or so days. . . despite a daily hour walk (in the Texas heat)

but I weighed myself this morning, and came in at 191.2 lbs.

so still trending in the right direction, but no dropping anywhere near the 3-5 lbs per week I was when first started my lifestyle change a couple of years ago.

again, the good news is that the scale is still inching downwards. I was truly hoping to be under 190 by the time I leave for my vacation on 7/22, so that's 10 days away, and I'm only 1.2 lbs over. . .so I guess it's still possible.

gonna keep up with my exercise, and try to not overeat.

bert

Congrats, Ape! I, too, weighed in at 238 on Monday, which is the first time I've seen under 240 in.... gotta be over a decade.

Congrats tinaalsgirl! that's an accomplishment to be proud of!

Bad: Been SO sick since Sunday, right before my long vacation

Good: finally starting to feel better. Still got a bit before 100% but feeling much better today

REALLY Good: since had no appetite and barely been eating for the past 4 days, I've dropped 5lbs, and ended up just over my goal (that I was gonna miss) for my trip!

hey, I'll take that 186.2 lbs however I get to it

Update: I've lost almost 24 pounds since I started doing this at the end of January. I haven't been counting calories over the summer but I've still kept in mind what a good day of food for me looks like and have been keeping that goal really well (except when I was at Epcot, LOL, but I also walked 10k steps every day!).

Thank you for the support on this thread and recommendation of MyFitnessPal! I'm close to my "goal" pre-grad school weight, but I'd like to keep going if I can!

A2152232-86AB-4A5E-A020-3583D7830494.thumb.JPG.15190110473a668da5f9975e8f47f93d.JPG

Me at Holiday World last Memorial Day, vs. last Saturday. I'm wearing a somewhat baggy shirt in the recent picture but you can still see the difference. I also made a drastic hair change (long and natural color --> short and purple/orange) and got more tan!

• 3 weeks later...

Apparent recipe for success: eat semi-responsibly (but splurge when you want to) and spend two weeks walking from seemingly dawn to dusk in the middle of Europe's biggest heat wave in fifty years.

After coming home from the honeymoon, I was down 12 pounds from when I left! Looking to keep this momentum going!

I stopped tracking my calories and stopped weighing myself every day. This was more than a month ago. My fiancee said I looked thinner and I thought she was crazy, sure enough right after eating a deep fried Snickers and a blooming onion at the fair, I somehow got to my lowest of 241 since I started this thing. Hooray! More motivation to keep going even though I haven't been trying too hard.

• 1 month later...

Has everyone fallen off the wagon? NOT ME! I haven't been updating here but I am still running multiple times a week and while I'm not hardcore dieting I am just eating good things, and less things, and have been feeling the weight sloooowly drop off all summer long, and have been feeling great (other than my clothes not fitting me).

Figured I'd finally bump this thread up to share a major victory I had this morning. Two years ago I bought a buttondown shirt for a wedding, it fit perfect. I tried on earlier this year - maybe late May/early June? And couldn't even button it. That was about the moment I got serious about this.

Then this morning - after a hellish early morning run in severe humidity I got back home, skipped my coffee, took a quick cold shower and went to put on a work shirt and realized I didn't have one clean. Booo. Went digging a little further and found the shirt from the wedding that I couldn't fit into in May. It was clean. "What the hell" I thought and tried it on.

And guess what!? It's too fu*king big for me now!

IVD.gif.4cb7e7581fe1bc7eccf5549bd305cdff.gif

^ that's great! congrats.

oh, I'm well off the wagon.

when I was off exercise recovering for 6 weeks, fell back into bad eating habits, and gained back 20-25 lbs (i think.. avoiding the scale).

but yesterday was Oct 1, so fresh start

Hello,

I'm looking for motivation and support. I'm going to lose about 80 pounds. Portion control (weight watchers) and walking.

Some of those coaster restraints were mighty tight this year. I could ride everything, but I'm on the verge of having to do a walk of shame.

So that's my motivation. We're planning a California trip for June and I don't want to miss out on any coasters because I probably won't be back for a long time.

Thanks!