TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How do you celebrate Christmas?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I celebrate Christmas by having 10,000+ lights on my house synchronized to music the entire month of December for the entire community to get to come by and see!! It's something the community, and families love!! Speaking of which. . . I need to go get some more lights put up!!

We do love seeing some of the Christmas light displays around the Ozarks. Some of them are very elaborate.

We're Greek Orthodox, so we celebrate Christmas (or Nativity as we call it) with a midnight liturgy on Christmas Eve. It's very beautiful and very sincere. Most Christians will say Easter is their main holiday, but for us, Nativity is the highlight of the year.

If you're interested, here's a short video of a Nativity liturgy in Moscow:

Just to make it clear, I'm not saying this to try to convert anyone. I don't care what religion you are, or whether you even have one. It doesn't matter. Orthodox Christianity makes me a better person, so this is what I do. You do whatever helps you to be a better person, whatever that is, and it may not even be a religion. Just find what works for you, and be excellent to everyone.

I celebrate Christmas by having 10,000+ lights on my house synchronized to music the entire month of December for the entire community to get to come by and see!! It's something the community, and families love!! Speaking of which. . . I need to go get some more lights put up!!
Nice! Usually as soon as everyone leaves our house from Thanksgiving I ask my parents to get the Christmas stuff down. They usually make me wait till the next day but I love to make the tree.

For me it's not a proper Christmas unless I watch the hour of classic Disney cartoons they show on TV every year during the day on the 24th.

The elf with the checkered paint at 3:10 always makes me laugh!

As for family traditions, we have a few in our family. We always decorate the Christmas tree in the afternoon/evening on the 23rd, then the 24th is the big day in Norway with Christmas dinner and opening presents in the evening.

• 2 weeks later...