The American Hockey League discussion thread

All things AHL
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: The American Hockey League discussion thread

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:47 am

Unfortunately my friend and I won't be making it to any of the Wolves home games. However we are going to game 3 of the Grand Rapid/Milwaukee series in Milwaukee next Wednesday.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby bluestreak » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:48 am

9Armgeddon4 wrote:Unfortunately my friend and I won't be making it to any of the Wolves home games. However we are going to game 3 of the Grand Rapid/Milwaukee series in Milwaukee next Wednesday.

You should post pictures from the game on this thread ;)
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:47 pm

My friend and I had a great time at the Grand Rapids @ Milwaukee game tonight. Griffins ended up wining 3-2 in OT completing the 3-0 sweep. What's was really fun though was that were chanting let's go Wolves and Griffins throughout the entire game. Yes we were cheering for GR. Oh we also sat in front of this drunken fan and his sober friend. The guy shouted f*** the Blackhawks the entire game and a bunch of other stuff. We couldn't help but laugh at everything he said.
Wolves also won setting up a Griffins/Wolvrs second round matchup.

Postby bluestreak » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:54 pm

9Armgeddon4 wrote:My friend and I had a great time at the Grand Rapids @ Milwaukee game tonight. Griffins ended up wining 3-2 in OT completing the 3-0 sweep. What's was really fun though was that were chanting let's go Wolves and Griffins throughout the entire game. Yes we were cheering for GR. Oh we also sat in front of this drunken fan and his sober friend. The guy shouted f*** the Blackhawks the entire game and a bunch of other stuff. We couldn't help but laugh at everything he said.
Wolves also won setting up a Griffins/Wolvrs second round matchup.

Lol love fans like that. Makes for a fun atmosphere.
Should be a hell of a series. Being a monsters fan I hate GR so I will be cheering for Chicago.

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:15 am

^ Agreed. I want to say he was drunk before the game even started.
So here's a picture of where our seats were last night. They were actually really close to the ice.
image.png
Here's where our seats were. We were in row 1 of section 211

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Sun May 07, 2017 2:24 pm

We're going to see three relocations this offseason.
1. Albany Devils are now Binghamton Devils. They will play in the same arena the Sens played in.
2. Binghamton Senators are now the Belleville Senators. They will now be playing in Ontario.
3. St. John's IceCaps are now the Laval Rockets. They are moving from Newfoundland and Labrador to Quebec.

My guess is the reason for the relocations is to get the teams closer to their NHL team. My guess is the Utica Comets will be the next team to be relocated.

Postby bluestreak » Sun May 07, 2017 7:40 pm

^ Lol quebec is finally getting their hockey team.

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Mon May 08, 2017 9:25 am

^ Kansas City might also get a team next season too. Back in November it was reported that the Blues and Wolves would be parting ways at the end of this season. The reason for the break up is because the Blues don't like how the Wolves are independently owned and are free to choose their front office/coaching staff etc. Blues also don't like Chicago's playing style. So does the NHL team usually have full control of its AHL team? Anyways I actually wouldn't mind if this happens. Reason is because Chicago is in talks of joining forces with the new Las Vegas team. Althougt I haven't seen any news regarding this since the beginning of 2017. And in that article it was stated by the AHL president and CEO that no expansion applications had been filed yet.

There is something I found out about the Wolves. They are the only AHL team with a full television package.

Postby bluestreak » Mon May 08, 2017 9:48 am

Kansas city would definitely be a good destination for an expansion franchise. Large city with no hockey and a relatively large and relatively unused arena downtown. Could make for an awesome fanbase.

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Fri May 12, 2017 9:45 am

^ Unfortunately it doesn't look like there will be any expansions teams next season. But I really hope this is wrong though. The only change I know happening next year is that Charlotte will now be in the eastern conference.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random