TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Quote of the Week

strz

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this gem in the CP thread!!

You wouldn't have been able to to say anything to her though, she has the "I'd like to speak to a manager" haircut.

I skimmed that here and then went hunting for it in the CP thread, expecting to find out about an epic Facebook review or an altercation at the park...was disappointed.

• 4 weeks later...
... As for the rain, some coasters will operate and some will close. It just depends on what the rain policy wheel lands on that day when they spin it. Dragster will close, other than that... round and round the rain policy wheel goes, where it stops, nobody knows!

The best ever description of Cedar Points rain policy!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We've found salads and wraps at a lot of parks. These food options are not that healthy for us considering how we normally eat, but they're definitely the healthier choice over other park foods. If legitimate health food stands could hold their own in parks, they would probably already exist. However, healthy food is usually more difficult to keep fresh and healthy food is often more expensive to produce. Also, people who eat healthy differ vastly in opinions. A vegan might think a vegetarian eats unhealthy. Someone who eats a paleolithic diet might think that vegans and vegetarians eat unhealthy. A ton of people who eat healthy don't think that a whole wheat sandwich with a tub full of fruit is healthy at all, so how do parks cater to all of the varieties and opinions of health conscious eaters? They don't. My wife and I are picky and we don't expect what boils down to a carnival type atmosphere to have what we're looking for.

Again, if you're diet is strict there's a solution. Pack a cooler lunch and leave it in the car. Our Igloo cooler is our sidekick. We carried cold food brought from home across three parks in a week on our Pennsylvania trip in order to eat our healthy lunches. (Notice I didn't say Sh*t about dinner...) Ice is cheap and filling/draining our cooler is only a minor i nconvenience.We should all know what we're getting into before going into a park.

Emily and I don't eat bread or processed foods unless we're cheating. I can only imagine what a gluten free coconut wrap using unprocessed meats and toppings would cost at Six Flags/Cedar Fair and they would be discarding old supplies constantly. There's a lot less shelf life without preservatives. Be realistic. Bring your own food.

• 1 month later...
And if Batwing does get chopped up, does a Raptor or T Rex go in it's place?

A park halfway across the country owned by a completely different company removes a coaster so this means you guys are getting a RMCraptor?

I just LOVE this little gem from the SFA thread!

• 4 months later...

Ok this one is 4 years old but I read it for the first time this week, and I loved it:

I'm pretty sure the secret to unlocking world peace is a few thousand strategically placed Downdrafts throughout the world, this will make everyone way happier and much less hostile.

From the Great Adventure thread. I've read this three times and still don't really get it.

I'm not supporting SFGAdv this year because of one thing: Cyborg doesn't get any attention anymore. If they wanted to have a ride based on a woman superhero, they could've done it before; save the ride based on a black superhero for now. (Blacks get attention before women? What kind of Earth is this?) ...And whoever gets upset over this joke is a snowflake who believes in PC.

Thankfully, SFNE has a Cyborg ride opening. (With Grid in it) So I'm rooting for the Patriots while the rest of my family are rooting for the Bulls.

• 3 weeks later...
If you want to recreate the disappointment of the Fyre Festival, you can now do so by booking an optimistically named 'Star Gazing Pod', Alton Towers' latest accommodation offering. For around £100 a night (plus £10 for towels), you can now truly say you're happier than a pig in mud thanks to their similarity with farmyard pig shelters.

In other news, Merlin have announced Nemesis Sub-Terra and Twirling Toadstool (Waveswinger) are both now permanently closed. Nemesis Sub-Terra was pretty poor in the first season, but I quite enjoyed it once they made some improvements.

The Alton Towers Dungeon is new, however, replaces Charlie in the Chocolate Factory, and will cost £7.50 on top of the £56 entrance fee (which has gone up from last year, naturally).

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't really know where to put this, so...

A baritone opera singer was interviewed. Apparently, he's one of the best in the world.

The interviewer kept asking him popstar-related questions, when finally the singer asked...

"You're talking to the opera singer. Why would you bring me down to your swamp?"

I burst out laughing at that quote.

Dmitri Hvorostovsky a/k/a "The Siberian Tiger" (R.I.P.) is the opera singer in question, here.

• 4 weeks later...

^Thanks, Zach!

This gem in the Darien Lake thread:

I'm sure they started
I am surprised about the lack of construction pictures coming out for Sky Screamer. Did they just not start yet?
This is where my question comes in: Why didn’t they start building it yet? If they did, it could be ready to roll by opening weekend. The weather is nice enough to do so now, so just why not?

This is definitely weird. It's almost like (stay with me on this) maybe the park was bought by Six Flags and not Disney and everyone else on the forum has been trying to explain this to no avail for the last year or so.

West Coast Racers was announced like 7 months ago and the construction site is literally just dirt (and that's at one of their good parks, not Darien Lake). Six Flags is not going to come in and turn Darien Lake into DisneySea. They're going to turn it into Darien Lake with Takis ads.

The sooner you realize that most of your questions could be answered with "because Six Flags doesn't give a f*ck about that", the better your life will be.

• 2 weeks later...

In reference to a conversation about Vortex at Carowinds:

Working at the park for 3 years, I've never seen a ride run so many empty seats.

Well of course the seats are empty, everyone is standing.

• 4 months later...