7 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Fiction
    • Non-fiction

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoy fictional settings (that's why I play so many video games), but I usually have trouble paying attention to fictional stories, especially in the Tolkien-esque fantasy genre. My mind wanders too easily, especially when I'm trying to remember a bunch of names that are difficult to pronounce, or when the author starts throwing around fantasy jargon that the audience is assumed to already know. I'm just like "No, I don't know what a mage or a druid are; and as soon as you tell me, I'm going to forget it again, because it's just not that important to me, sorry."

I think Harry Potter and the Mass Effect series would be the main exceptions for me, though. I really got into those stories.

Both appeal to me, but it's easier to find non-fiction content that I'm certain will hold my interest. Usually in a year I'll finish 25-35 nonfiction and 2-3 fiction.

I usually have trouble paying attention to fictional stories, especially in the Tolkien-esque fantasy genre. My mind wanders too easily, especially when I'm trying to remember a bunch of names that are difficult to pronounce, or when the author starts throwing around fantasy jargon that the audience is assumed to already know.