TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Anyone into Hot Wheels?

1badgmc

Hot Wheels has a new casting called Loopster that will start showing up in stores next month. It looks to be based on an old Arrow looper train design. It has hooks front and back, so buy a few, get some orange Hot Wheels track and set yourself up a roller coaster!

78624952_Loopster2015MixJ01.jpg.402f818c4827ea0076219b6fa010645a.jpg

1562488894_Loopster2015MixJ02.jpg.8df1e596b6d788045c449aa5a54432ff.jpg

1592466946_Loopster2015MixJ03.jpg.a4cde35f691f361725c1db273b3c6b81.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are actually 2 variations of this. One with the hands up as shown and another with hands down. I just found myself a few yesterday, but I only found the hands up variation.

• 4 weeks later...
I just got three of them. Two hands up and one hands down.

Sweet. I hit a fresh batch of cars yesterday, so now I have 4 hands up and 4 hands down for myself (3 of each to open and play with and 1 of each to keep carded) and grabbed 6 more for my son and daughter.

I also ran across this today. The next version that should be out in a couple months will be blue.

1708659547_BlueLoopster.jpg.69cdeb728a5d804f58e2071b39e0db68.jpg

Blue Loopster

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I happened to find the blue hands up version at my local Target over the weekend.

I have 4 of each color and hands up/hands down versions. I keep one of each carded and have rest open to play around with. I've picked every single Loopster up I've come across, and between my 3 kids, they probably have around 30 of them. I've found way more blue ones than red, which is fine, we all prefer blue anyhow. lol

I ran into a pair of these, earlier this afternoon, when I was shopping (and eating out) on our shopping island,

Granville Island. So I got both, since one of them had a "hands up" in the back row.

IMG_9744.JPG.b8030babc2bb2c6259f9bf9be18d1017.JPG

Only two were available, so I bought them both. (o:

IMG_9745.JPG.09f27e75f3c8a4c1436fc041b00ce0e4.JPG

And the one on the right, has a "hands up" in back.

• 4 weeks later...

This is actually pretty epic, i'm gonna have to go to my local Targets and buy a few of each. I know I also have some hot wheels track somewhere, if not I don't mind getting some more to make a hot wheels coaster.

I was out and about today with the gf buying early birthday presents for her sister, we went to Toys R' Us and I RAN to the hot wheels section to see if they had any. Luckily, I looked through all the cars they had and found the only two they had in the bunch and bought them.

For myself, it's going to be fun if they'd actually offer some kind of "coaster track set",

that has lots of special "coaster stuff" on/over/under the tracks, to show the differences

between it and the other Hot Wheels track sets - not that you can't add to it with regular track,

I am guessing.

For myself, it's going to be fun if they'd actually offer some kind of "coaster track set",

that has lots of special "coaster stuff" on/over/under the tracks, to show the differences

between it and the other Hot Wheels track sets - not that you can't add to it with regular track,

I am guessing.

They've had some semi-coaster themed track sets in the past, but it would be cool if they'd gear one towards these Loopsters. Unfortunately, these things don't perform well on the track when you start connecting 2 or more together. I've gotten 2 to make it through a loop, but just barely. They lose all momentum in the loop. 3 or more and you can forget it.

Funny you should mention a Hot Wheels themed roller coaster. Dreamworld in Australia is in the process of refurbishing / retheming it's Arrow Roller Coaster (Cyclone) into a Hot Wheels themed ride.

"A special part of Australian motor racing history will soon have a new home at Dreamworld with motor racing royalty converged on Dreamworld as three Peter Brock racing cars - including his most famous ride ‘The Big Banger’ - arrived at the park, the first instalment in Dreamworld’s new Motorsports Precinct. With works underway the construction is on track for Brock’s Garage doors to open post-Christmas showcasing 30 replica and authentic Brock vehicles.

Other precinct highlights include the Hot Wheels themed rollercoaster (formerly ‘Cyclone’), six state-of-the-art V8 supercar racing simulators, the Grid Burgers and Sports Bar and Trackside retail outlet. The revamped Hot Wheels themed rollercoaster train will replicate Hot Wheels vehicles, complete with racing harnesses and steering wheels. Precinct partner Dunlop will provide theming throughout Trackside and the sports bar and the Trackside retail outlet will be filled with Hot Wheels merchandise, motorsports memorabilia and branded gear.

The precinct also doubles as an air conditioned corporate event venue for 250 people seated or 480 standing, with a full working kitchen and bar on-site.

After the vehicles short appearance in park for the media, the Brock cars will be stored until the Motorsports Precinct opens after Christmas 2015."

Funny you should mention a Hot Wheels themed roller coaster. Dreamworld in Australia is in the process of refurbishing / retheming it's Arrow Roller Coaster (Cyclone) into a Hot Wheels themed ride.

"A special part of Australian motor racing history will soon have a new home at Dreamworld with motor racing royalty converged on Dreamworld as three Peter Brock racing cars - including his most famous ride ‘The Big Banger’ - arrived at the park, the first instalment in Dreamworld’s new Motorsports Precinct. With works underway the construction is on track for Brock’s Garage doors to open post-Christmas showcasing 30 replica and authentic Brock vehicles.

Other precinct highlights include the Hot Wheels themed rollercoaster (formerly ‘Cyclone’), six state-of-the-art V8 supercar racing simulators, the Grid Burgers and Sports Bar and Trackside retail outlet. The revamped Hot Wheels themed rollercoaster train will replicate Hot Wheels vehicles, complete with racing harnesses and steering wheels. Precinct partner Dunlop will provide theming throughout Trackside and the sports bar and the Trackside retail outlet will be filled with Hot Wheels merchandise, motorsports memorabilia and branded gear.

The precinct also doubles as an air conditioned corporate event venue for 250 people seated or 480 standing, with a full working kitchen and bar on-site.

After the vehicles short appearance in park for the media, the Brock cars will be stored until the Motorsports Precinct opens after Christmas 2015."

That sounds pretty awesome!

• 2 years later...

There have been four released so far (each with a hands up and hands down version). 2015 had both red and blue, 2016 green and 2017 black with glow in the dark wheels. There's a purple one coming out soon for 2018 and yes, it'll have hands up and hands down versions as well.

326178856_2015Red.thumb.jpg.c0ef7741efd445285bc767f1d387f9ce.jpg

2015 Red

426340659_2016Green.thumb.jpg.ba2e3d4bb17884449bc7f766ed3bf735.jpg

2016 Green

643678424_2015Blue.thumb.jpg.b04b5a0514d73a4f1d18f464f8457dfa.jpg

2015 Blue

834433488_2017Black.thumb.jpg.9b74f13fd5282cc8a11203349f85fabf.jpg

2017 Black

f120up.thumb.jpg.628867855b9e3bf21b83730ee309a471.jpg