TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is your Favorite Donut?

gisco

Hmmm. Honest?

Mine would definitely be the classic

French Cruller

Prelude to a crossant donut for me.

And with a light chocolate frosting on top... C'est maginifique!

doughnuts.jpg.765901b8338147998ea2c193598bb252.jpg

Bottom right, on the plate. White frosting. That's my French beauty.(o:

I'd say the Krispy Kreme original glaze, or maybe even their chocolate donuts. So soft, so sugary, so warm. Much better than the bready Dunkin Donuts kind. And they give out free donuts during certain times of the day!

Only downfall? They are kind of expensive. Bottom line, get the free donut and head home.

I remember when I was still at home, I would find this "triple pack"

of donuts at our supermarket. One row each of plain, chocolate

icing on top, and sugar-cinammon donuts. It was also called the

"Variety Pack," I remember. One dozen. 4 - 4 - 4.

And these were the Full Size donuts, too. Not the minis.

Simple. Easy. And (at the time) pure Donut Heaven.

^ Kevin, the size of that photo, makes it look like a (sort of) Funnel Cake, LOL!

But fritters are excellent, too. (And so are funnel cakes, btw.)

Edited by Nrthwnd

In general, maple bars. However, if a donut shop has a really good jelly donut (my favorite is DK's Donuts, a small shop in Costa Mesa, CA) I like those better. Also, at Krispy Kreme I prefer the hot glazed donuts to anything else they serve there.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
So many to choose from, but ultimately, I'm going to have to go with the Apple Fritter.

Good apple fritters are hard to find, but that looks like a good one.

I'm obsessed with donuts, and every time I try to lose a little bit of weight, right when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

I actually still love the classic Krispy Kreme Original Glazed donut no matter how many times I eat one. Same with Dunkin Donut's Cronut. But my absolute favorite donut is a Red Velvet donut from my local bakery. It has cream filling inside an it is so darn good.

My #1 donut is the freshly made blueberry donuts from M and M. If you live in Southern California, or are visiting Disneyland anytime soon, you've got to check this place out and get the blueberry donuts. Just make sure you eat them hot

Of the more common donut styles, I agree with others who particularly like crullers and maple bars

I saw a box of 'Maple Bacon Doughnuts' at Walmart, I about threw up. It was a doughnut, with maple icing, and bacon bits on top of that icing. Who would even think of that?

Canadians.

But seriously, if you know anything about food, sweet and savory have been paired forever, think Salted Caramel. All kidding aside, was I the only one that dipped my bacon in maple syrup when having breakfast? Maple and bacon are good together in just about everything, with the exception of beer... For those of age, check out Voodoo's Maple Bacon Donut beer and let me know what you think!

As for donuts, I'm a sucker for a good Cruller. That or a good Sour Cream donut.

Mhm, Donuts.

• Like 1