Doctor Who

Atter

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Huge Who fan. Been so since 1980, Tom Baker on PBS. Got my daughter into the new era.

I like both the new and the classic series.

Who is your favorite Dr.?

Classic: Tom Baker of course

New: David Tennant

David Tennant is my favorite doctor from New Who. I still have yet to watch the older episodes. Any suggestions on where to start? All the way at the beginning? lol

Favorite character: River Song, because she's just awesome

Least Favorite: Rose (blank stare) Tyler, because she had the same confused look on her face all the time, like she was constantly trying to remember her lines (though IMO, her character is more interesting after the first season).

Edited by nannerdw

Just wanted to see if anyone was a whovian around here.

I can't wait for season 8 to start next month!

"season 8" ?

(and you call yourself a Whovian!).

but yes, excited for the newest season, and I think Peter Capaldi is some perfect casting.

Huge Who fan. Been so since 1980, Tom Baker on PBS. Got my daughter into the new era.

I like both the new and the classic series.

Who is your favorite Dr.?

Classic: Tom Baker of course

New: David Tennant

Yep. . Tom Baker will always be the Doctor to me, since that's who I discovered it with (and then caught reruns as much as possible).

but I remember clearly watching "the arc in space" live on PBS as it was broadcast!

and SaraJane. . . I was so sad when she passed last year

David Tennant is my favorite doctor from New Who. I still have yet to watch the older episodes. Any suggestions on where to start? All the way at the beginning? lol

Favorite character: River Song, because she's just awesome

Least Favorite: Rose (blank stare) Tyler, because she had the same confused look on her face all the time, like she was constantly trying to remember her lines (though IMO, her character is more interesting after the first season).

I'd start with the 4th Doctor's 1st episode (season 12 premiere): Robot.

it's got terrible special effects, and focuses on the Doctor's relationship with a new traveling companion (Harry) who joins him and Sarah Jane in adventures going forward

it also frees him from "Earth". .since he's bored working with UNIT.. so it allows great episodes like "the Arc in Space" as well as ones set on Earth such as "Pyramids of Mars"

really tho. . you can't go wrong with any 4th Dr. episode. . or "Terror of the Cybermen" or "Tomb of the Cybermen". . . classics from earlier Doctors

• 3 weeks later...

I am a huge Whovian. I have seen every episode that exists still or has been found. I love all the doctors for different reasons and like that everyone has made the role their own. My favorites are Patrick Troughton, Sylvester McCoy, and David Tennant. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Peter Capaldi brings to the role. I can't wait until it starts again.

Doctor Who takeover starts tonight. There are some specials, and the are running what appears top be the entire runs of Tennant and Smith over the next week. This link will show the specials and narrative on the weeks schedule. Times may be different based on your provider.

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/08/bbc-america-110814173008.html

THESE TITLES COULD BE CONSIDERED SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

The episode titles for Series 8 have been announced!

SPOLIERS SPOLIERS SPOLIERS

Episode 1-Deep Breath

Episode 2-Into The Dalek

Episode 3-Robot Of Sherwood

Episode 4-Listen

Episode 5-Time Heist

Episode 6-The Caretaker

Episode 7-Kill The Moon

Episode 8-Mummy On The Orient Express.

Episode 9-Flatline

Episode 10-In The Forest Of The Night

Episode 11-Dark Waters

Episode 12-Death In Heaven

These titles all sound really cool! I can't wait to see all of them!

Edited by Atter

Doctor Who takeover starts tonight. There are some specials, and the are running what appears top be the entire runs of Tennant and Smith over the next week. This link will show the specials and narrative on the weeks schedule. Times may be different based on your provider.

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/08/bbc-america-110814173008.html

wow. . the Peter Davison "Companion" special was cringeworthy.

the first Special where they actually got a former Doctor to host, and FEATURING the actors who were some of the earlier companions!

and not many clips of them in character, and instead "discussing over tea" what it takes to make a good companion.

the show could have been 4 minutes long, and the answer is: whatever the writer has us do. (I started fast forwarding around the 1/2way point, so I don't know for certain, but I'd be thoroughly disgusted if they never mentioned Sarah Jane Smith (I didn't see her while fast forwarding).

Horribly disappointing.

I DVRed the one last night with Davison talking to the creators/writers. . hopefully that one is better.

My DVR freaked out on Saturday, and did not record that special. It did record the History of Science Fiction, and I did like that.

I have the companion special set to record on it's re-run, and will probably watch it, despite your poor review. Maybe like a train wreck, I just have to watch.

I am also recording the other one, and will watch when I return from my business trip. Looking very forward to Saturday, and the new season.