TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Game of Thrones

gisco

Finally after a long break Season 4 has started. Who is watching?

I haven't read the books so I have no idea if the series is following along. I'm glad it is back on since The Walking Dead just ended their season. It was kind of a shock last season when Rob Stark and his Mom got it. He didn't choose wisely on who to marry.

My only complaint is that there is too many story lines going on. It seems to me to make things move along slowly.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I actually think the many storylines is what makes the show great. A lot of characters are important and this show does a better job than most at splitting airtime for characters so that each has the perfect amount.

Robb getting the backstab is something that shocked me but we should've seen it coming. Fray was acting way too cool for Robb fucking him over, half his army was lost and marrying that girl caused conflict in his own army by one dude telling him he made the biggest mistake in the war marrying that girl. Man was she hot though.

And thank you for making this thread. It's about time TPR had a Game of Thrones thread lol.

I'd never watched it until about 2 months ago. Got caught up on it so I'd be ready for season 4. I love all of the storylines. They give you just enough each week to keep you wanting more. I've never read the books either, and I don't want to hear what happened in the books. I think we should all agree to keep this discussion about the TV show. I find it really annoying when people tell you what's going to happen next in the story...

I'm watching, I have a feeling this season will be great. And it's totally the best thing on TV right now.

Just a note on the multiple story lines, I agree that there are a lot of story lines and it moves slowly but I've read that the film makers did this on purpose and that this season will move a lot faster because so many story lines will unravel and intersect. For me it's also part of why I like the show, it's almost like it's a challenge to watch it and keep up with everything.

I read the first book then didn't have time to read any of the others but I kind of like watching the show as is without know what happens in the books. Eventually I'd like to read the books but I might wait until after the series is over. The show is in kind of an interesting position with books since Martin isn't done writing them. I've read that martin has told the two producers of the show how the story will end in case they catch up to the story line before he is finished writing the books. I've also read that their goal is 8 season of the show and that Martin might be done writing the books 4 years from now so the show could potentially have a different ending than the books. Really a pretty interesting situation.

So who killed Joffrey?

Tyrian is too obvious. He has the means I'm sure but the motive is a little week. He wasn't really humiliated until the wedding and I don't think he would be so obvious. He was handling the cup and all.

Sensa certainly has the motive but not the means it appears. She did touch the cup towards the end but someone came up to her and told her she had to leave now when Joffrey was dying. Kind of makes her look innocent.

Brienne of Tarth could be fulfilling the promise to return Sansa to her family. This could be a distraction to get her out of the city. I doubt she had anything to do with the murder but she could be behind getting Sansa out of there.

Cersei killing her own Son? Maybe she has some plan that would keep her as queen and get rid of Tyrian at the same time. She did send her brother into battle in the hope he would get killed.

My money is on Prince Oberyn. He has no love for the Lannister's. I didn't catch why though or if it was mentioned at all. But he did mention that "the lannister's are not the only ones to repay their debts" I also found this mini bio and a GoT website.

Brother to the Prince of Dorne, Prince Oberyn is an infamous figure, and dangerous. Rumored to have used poison in a duel—at the age of 16—against a famous, but aged, Dornish warrior,

ok.. keep in mind that I've not read the books, so I'm just speculating here.

but I think it was Lady Olyanna.

looking around online, it DOES appear that it's her and the fool, working together.

watch the necklace he gave Sansa, when Lady Olyanna comes and talks to her. . . after Lady Olyannna says "how terrible to kill someone at a Wedding!". . she admires the necklace. And in the very next shot of Sansa, one of the gems is now missing.

When Tyrion goes to get the cup, it's sitting in front of Lady Olyanna. . who VERY carefully watches the cup as Jeoffrey takes a sip.

and then the fool, quickly walks up to Sansa and tells her to come with him if she wants to live (so he knows what's about to happen).

My money is on Prince Oberyn. He has no love for the Lannister's. I didn't catch why though or if it was mentioned at all. But he did mention that "the lannister's are not the only ones to repay their debts"

It was mentioned when Tyrion met Oberyn at the brothel.

Back during the regin of Mad King Aerys, his son, Prince Rhaegar, was married to Oberyn's sister, Elia. During a tournament at Harrenhall, Rhaegar chose Lyanna Stark (Ned's sister) as his queen of love and beauty, and eventually ran away with her (whether it was consensual is up for debate; but most think it was). This pissed off Robert Baratheon, as he was betrothed to Lyanna, which started his rebellion. Robert eventually killed Rhaegar in single battle at the ruby ford on the Trident.

During this time, Elia was hiding at the Red Keep in King's Landing when Tywin and his men sacked the city. Tywin commanded Gregor Clegane (The Mountain) to kill Elia and her children so they could not claim the throne. Gregor and his men raped and murdered Elia then killed her children so brutally that they had to be wrapped in red Lannister cloaks to hide all the blood.

So, you can see, Oberyn has every right to be pissed at the Lannisters.

Short version: Tywin Lannister gave the orders to murder Oberyn's sister and her children.

^^ Thanks for the info!

ok.. keep in mind that I've not read the books, so I'm just speculating here.

but I think it was Lady Olyanna.

looking around online, it DOES appear that it's her and the fool, working together.

watch the necklace he gave Sansa, when Lady Olyanna comes and talks to her. . . after Lady Olyannna says "how terrible to kill someone at a Wedding!". . she admires the necklace. And in the very next shot of Sansa, one of the gems is now missing.

When Tyrion goes to get the cup, it's sitting in front of Lady Olyanna. . who VERY carefully watches the cup as Jeoffrey takes a sip.

and then the fool, quickly walks up to Sansa and tells her to come with him if she wants to live (so he knows what's about to happen).

Why would she kill him so soon and at the wedding? Wouldn't she want to cement her family's power and have her granddaughter produce a heir? Now Joffery's younger brother is the king.

Edited by gisco

I haven't read the books but my speculation is the prince's brother killed Joffrey that came for the wedding and hates Lannisters. He has motive to blame Tyrian in order to kill 2 Lannisters with 1 move.

Also the Hound is quickly becoming 1 of my favorite characters. He's so misunderstood but I think he's the most realistic too about the world he lives in.

I have read the books, so I'll be nice and not spoil anything. I haven't started the new season yet, my wife and I started rewatching the entire series so I'll b be a few weeks behind.

How many books are there so far?

^Seasons 3 & 4 are covering book 3 (ish). Though they have said that they are condensing the character arcs in the show from now on to speed things up a bit. Otherwise it would run for far too many seasons. The creators of the show have said they want it to run for 7 or 8 seasons. There are rumours of a movie or two to wrap it all up as well

I've read the books, because I got spoiled for a few things (like Robb and Catelyn). The show is great. They've changed a lot more this season than previous ones, or maybe I noticed more. Last episode wasn't that great, but this episode was awesome. They really cast some of the actors so perfectly, especially all the Lannisters.

I've never read the books but have listened to a lot discussion recently about the "love" scene in Joffrey's tomb in episode 3. Apparently in the books that scene is much more "consensual" that was portrayed in the show which if that was the intentions was a very interesting choice by the director. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

That whole scene was a bit bizarre, this season really feels like they're trying to stretch the limits morally. We've had an incestuous rape in the tomb of the dead offspring of the incest relationship, a sacrifice of a live baby to ice zombies, a bi sexual prince in an orgy, and some revenge crucifixion's..... all in one episode! Don't know where this thing is going but the show feels darker than it's ever been at this point. (not that it's a bad thing........)

I have really like the pace this season. Things are moving along.

I might have to add the books to my reading list. I'm sure I won't get to them until after the series has ended and mean like season eight or how ever long this thing goes.