Game of Thrones

Who is watching?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Starbucks Enthusiast

Game of Thrones

Postby gisco » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:42 am

Finally after a long break Season 4 has started. Who is watching?

I haven't read the books so I have no idea if the series is following along. I'm glad it is back on since The Walking Dead just ended their season. It was kind of a shock last season when Rob Stark and his Mom got it. He didn't choose wisely on who to marry.

My only complaint is that there is too many story lines going on. It seems to me to make things move along slowly.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby yankeeman311 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:11 am

I actually think the many storylines is what makes the show great. A lot of characters are important and this show does a better job than most at splitting airtime for characters so that each has the perfect amount.

Robb getting the backstab is something that shocked me but we should've seen it coming. Fray was acting way too cool for Robb fucking him over, half his army was lost and marrying that girl caused conflict in his own army by one dude telling him he made the biggest mistake in the war marrying that girl. Man was she hot though.

And thank you for making this thread. It's about time TPR had a Game of Thrones thread lol.
The end of an era and the rise of a new one:
#1 overall coaster from 2008-2013: El Toro
#1 overall coaster from 2013-present: Skyrush

Vagina Wreckage

Postby Barge84 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:32 pm

I'd never watched it until about 2 months ago. Got caught up on it so I'd be ready for season 4. I love all of the storylines. They give you just enough each week to keep you wanting more. I've never read the books either, and I don't want to hear what happened in the books. I think we should all agree to keep this discussion about the TV show. I find it really annoying when people tell you what's going to happen next in the story...

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:09 pm

This and Orphan Black are the best two things on TV right now. I'm a huge fan of the books, and they're doing a great job of following the story, occasionally changing/adding things but not screwing up anything important.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:19 am

Oh yeah - I'm watching!!

It also just got renewed for 2 more seasons!!!

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:52 am

I'm watching, I have a feeling this season will be great. And it's totally the best thing on TV right now.

Just a note on the multiple story lines, I agree that there are a lot of story lines and it moves slowly but I've read that the film makers did this on purpose and that this season will move a lot faster because so many story lines will unravel and intersect. For me it's also part of why I like the show, it's almost like it's a challenge to watch it and keep up with everything.

I read the first book then didn't have time to read any of the others but I kind of like watching the show as is without know what happens in the books. Eventually I'd like to read the books but I might wait until after the series is over. The show is in kind of an interesting position with books since Martin isn't done writing them. I've read that martin has told the two producers of the show how the story will end in case they catch up to the story line before he is finished writing the books. I've also read that their goal is 8 season of the show and that Martin might be done writing the books 4 years from now so the show could potentially have a different ending than the books. Really a pretty interesting situation.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby chemical_echo » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:55 am

With how long it takes GRRM to write the books, the show will beat the books to the ending.
But, I don't think there will be a different ending between the books and the show. The books will just have 100% more detail than the show.

Vagina Wreckage

Postby Barge84 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:31 am

That was an interesting episode!

Postby SuperShawn » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:10 am

^ interesting is one word for it. I didn't see that coming so quickly in the season.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby chemical_echo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:12 am

I kinda had a feeling about this episode since episode names were released a few weeks back.

Next

Return to Random, Random, Random