Philrad's Phoodie Thread

Taste Of Buffalo - 2016! Page: 16
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Philrad's Phoodie Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:45 pm

^ Yeah, it's usually the liquor that can spike the bill up into the OMG region, lol.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:42 pm

^ Especially if you say, "I'd like a Crown Royal Manhattan on the rocks, please!" :lol:

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:10 pm

^Not to be pushy, but how much did one those cost?

Just curious. I don't drink Crown Royal.
And I am sweating here, clutching my wallet tight.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:12 pm

^ I think that the Crown Royal Manhattan's were like $12 each and the B& B was $14...so definitely pricey and something that we will probably never do again unless we hit the lottery! ;)

The 10 oz filets were $42 each (I believe) and the potatoes and salads were ala carte.

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:33 pm

More from Aruba...
DSC05393.JPG
This was a breakfast "Mexican Wrap" that I had at our on-site restaurant: Ricardo's. It is a beach-side restaurant with good food and some of the best hot sauce that I have ever eaten (in the cup). It was a mustard concoction blended with Scotch Bonnet peppers and Habanero's so it had a plenty of bite!
DSC05406.JPG
Another reason to love this place...Happy Hour 2 for 1 drinks from noon-1:00, 4:00-6:00 and 9:00-10:00!

The Mango Martini's on the left (Cosmo's on the right) were my favorite and were to die for!
DSC05457.JPG
The only beer that I am aware of that is brewed in Aruba is Balashi. Kinda looks similar to Heineken and tasted similar too...not that that's a bad thing.
DSC05465.JPG
Matthew's was a posh beach-side restaurant at the resort next door. Michael got another filet and while good, it was no where near as good as the one at Russell's....but not nearly as expensive either. ;-)
DSC05464.JPG
Being in the Caribbean, I had to go for the Caribbean shrimp. Spicy, sweet, garlicky....awesome!
DSC05485.JPG
Iguana Joe's is right across the street from the cruise docks in downtown Oranjestad and has great empanada's, Jamaican Jerk chicken skewers and even more great hot sauce - I bought both kinds to bring home with me.
DSC05522.JPG
For our final night on Aruba, we all took a cab to Bavaria...an awesome German restaurant about three miles from our resort.

Michael's meal on the right was thin tenderloin beef with pickles, onions and bacon wrapped inside, along with sides of red cabbage and spaetzle. Very good!

And for the beer enthusiasts, they had 200 different kinds of beer on the menu to choose from. ;-)
DSC05523.JPG
My final meal on the island was two huge pieces of Weinerschnitzel, spaetzle and sauerkraut washed down with two very good bottles of Bavarian Lager.

It doesn't get much better than this, folks!
DSC05525.JPG
The restaurant was in a highly Americanized strip mall.

Do they have Quickie Lickie Laundromat's in America?

Is this a laundry with a happy ending? LOL!
DSC05379.JPG
Goodbye Aruba...hope to return someday soon!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby bert425 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:00 pm

bert425 wrote: and then we had dinner that night at Bavaria restaurant (the schnitzel was among the best i've ever had).

hehe. . so you'd agree?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Philrad71 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:06 am

^ Oh yes...it was very good.

Although I think that THE best schnitzel that I have ever had was in Budapest, Hungary at some small restaurant near our hotel. The piece was about twice the size of my plate and this was where I was introduced to Eros Pista - probably the best condiment ever!
2914 000.jpg
I need to order more of this stuff - I'm almost out!

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:08 pm

I love good German food. It looks yummy!

Postby jray21 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:50 am

That german food looked great! Also, that Filet and Au Gratin Potatoes are near the top of best looking food in this thread!

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:19 am

^ It was, Joey...one of the best filet mignon's that I have ever had!

And here is a mini-update from the Ellicottville West Brewpub in Fredonia, NY. This place is not far from I-90 so if you are making a quick run from say Waldameer to Fantasy Island and want a good place for lunch, it is highly recommended!

EBC West
Resized_20160409_123428.jpg
I went completely different with the Poblano Goat Cheese Burger - which is a beer burger (cooked the way you like) topped with beer braised mushrooms, goat cheese and poblano peppers. Throw in some fresh-cut fries covered in vinegar and a Stainless Steel Obsession draft IPA and you have yourself one tasty (if not completely filling) meal!
Resized_20160409_123526.jpg
Michael opted for a more traditional Reuben, which he said was excellent.
Resized_20160409_123822_resized.jpg
I threw on the lettuce, onion and pickle for an even funkier taste.

What a great burger!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random