Autocross Racing

Any Autocrossers out there?!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Uber Designer

Re: Autocross Racing

Postby Real » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:25 am

Well, theres many facets to grip but a main one is the contact patch with the road. It starts with how much tire you have. Then it moves to camber, deflection, etc to maintain that patch at all time to have the most grip possible. Obviously you can increase tire width but if your car isnt handling the loads well, you wont really get that much more grip if the contact patch isnt being optimized.

Im still not sold that the 4lbs cant be overcome by good driving. I feel like thats something you do once your skills are already very good and it gets you those extra few tenths. I make too many mistakes to worry about stuff like that. Thats why Im only getting rims and tires this year. When I feel like Im maxing out the cars capabilities, then you look into Koni inserts or sway bars, etc.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Medusa1861 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:58 am

I've done it twice. I'd really like to get out more but tires cost a fortune. I do it in South Jersey, It's way smaller than that, the entire course is just tight turns with the occasional 200 feet of straight track. I drive a mostly stock 2007 Chevy Cobalt. I generally finish...last or close to it.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/f5b09b341ed6a954204fc26dcc109e5e.jpg[/img][/url]

Uber Designer

Postby Real » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:39 pm

I finished 1st in my second race and took first overall in the Novice Championship. First in class and first in overall... I will TAKE it. I was really, really fast. The new tires were absolutely fantastic. My last 2 runs I was pushing really hard and I know there was still more time out there.

Heres my progression:

Run 2

YouTube Videolink

Run 3

YouTube Videolink

Run 4

YouTube Videolink

Run 5

YouTube Videolink

Couple comparisons:

Run 2 vs Run 5

YouTube Videolink

Run 4 vs Run 5

YouTube Videolink

I posted pictures in the Cars Superthread that my wife took of me.

Previous

Return to Random, Random, Random