Last concert you attended?

Yes, nerdom has reached a whole new level...
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: Last concert you attended?

Postby JJLehto » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:50 pm

Explosions in the Sky in Tallahassee, (nothing ever comes here, especially bands I like)
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, I305, Maverick, Lightning Run, Superman (SFNE), Kumba
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast
2018 Parks: (new) Busch Gardens Tampa, Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom, Holiday World, Cedar Point, Kennywood

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:35 pm

Ed Farmer wrote:King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard @ The Metro (Chicago) last night.

I was trying to go last minute but it was sold out. Weh.

Trentemoller in New York @ Irving Plaza a few weeks ago. tom and his computer opened. Really great show.

NE-HI @ Empty Bottle. With Double Door closed, this is the best venue in Chicago IMO.

Haywyer @ Concord (Chicago) was a surprisingly good show. Didn't know much about the guy, just wanted to go see a DJ and he gracefully marries DJing with his superb piano skills.

DRAM came through for the first time since 2015. He's gotten huge since then and of course put on a great show. His smile is infectious. Of course Chance made an appearance.

I'm very very very very very very excited for deadmau5's tour to stop in Chicago on May 4/5. Can't wait to see the new cube so of course I got tickets for both shows.

The music scene in Chicago is bursting at the seams and I totally blame it for stealing my attention at theme parks. Can't wait for festival season.
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:45 am

PKI Jizzman wrote:
Ed Farmer wrote:King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard @ The Metro (Chicago) last night.

I was trying to go last minute but it was sold out. Weh.

Ah, bummer- I had a spare last-minute ticket, too. It was a great show. I bet they'll be coming around here again sometime this year, because they're dropping another album in June (and supposedly 3 more on top of that in 2017). It was my first time at The Metro, which is a neat little venue.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Jason Maier » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:37 pm

I saw Red Hot Chili Peppers in Washington, DC on Wednesday night.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Blind Idiot God » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:08 pm

So I caught the Boston date of the Decibel Magazine tour and it was lit.

Horrendous: Aside from Matt's guitar strap coming undone, they were free of the technical issues that plagued them the last time I saw them and put on a tight, energetic, and fun performance.
Midnight: A fist-pumping good time. This was music for beer drinkers and hell-raisers and people were just lapping it up. They're the definition of a "fun" band.
Obituary: Band of the night. The Florida rednecks blew the roof off the place with a selection of cuts that mostly revolved around the new album, Slowly We Rot, and Cause of Death, and I'm amazed by how good John Tardy still sounds after all these years.
Kreator: Yeah, okay, so some more older material WOULD have been cool (where the hell was Ripping Corpse, Riot of Violence, Blind Faith, or Terror Zone?), but they brought it and also managed to really sell their modern material live (though Gods of Violence is honestly their best since Coma of Souls). They've still got it.

Postby Ed Farmer » Fri May 05, 2017 7:19 am

5/4 - deadmau5 at Aragon Ballroom.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri May 05, 2017 9:16 am

Ed Farmer wrote:5/4 - deadmau5 at Aragon Ballroom.

Same, and going again tonight, haha. Cube 2.0 is beyond words..

Ed, we're 0-2. So close.
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Postby Ed Farmer » Fri May 05, 2017 1:58 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:
Ed Farmer wrote:5/4 - deadmau5 at Aragon Ballroom.

Same, and going again tonight, haha. Cube 2.0 is beyond words..

Ed, we're 0-2. So close.

Indeed. This was my first time at an EDM show (prepping for Electric Forest, though), and it was quite the sight to behold. The Aragon felt like an entirely different venue. Have fun tonight- I'm sure we'll run into each other eventually.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Sat May 06, 2017 4:52 pm

Just came back from watching Chris Thompson and Mads Eriksen Band play their annual gig at Madam Felle. As always I had a blast, when they get the classic rolling towards the end (Blinded by the Light, Mighty Quinn, You're the Voice, etc...) the atmosphere goes through the roof!

20170506_231403.jpg

As always there was also a guest artist. This year it was Nick van Eeede playing a couple of songs halfway through the concert, and he definitely raised the roof when playing "I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight".

20170507_000443.jpg

Overall a great evening!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sun May 07, 2017 2:37 pm

I just checked out their show on KEXP (You Tube) last night and I liked what I saw/heard. Good to see a lot of great music starting to come alive again - seems like the rock scene had been flat for a while (or I just didn't know where to go looking).

Really been getting more into Ty Segall lately too. My friends just saw him in Seattle a few weeks ago and they said the show was amazing.

My last show was the Dean Ween Group with the Meat Puppets in Cleveland last October. I really need to get out to a show soon...been too long.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random