Last concert you attended?

Yes, nerdom has reached a whole new level...
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: Last concert you attended?

Postby Ed Farmer » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:02 pm

Philrad71 wrote:
Ed Farmer wrote:Thee Oh Sees @ Thalia Hall (Chicago). Finally.

You sir...are a lucky man.

How was the show?

Show was great, and I saw them again the next night at Empty Bottle. I do regret missing out on seeing them prior to the lineup shuffle, though.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby I Like Theme Parks. » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:32 am

The last time I saw a concert was Dinosaur Jr. in November. Negative Approach opened for them and played a set of all Easy Action songs. Dinosaur Jr. was absolutely incredible. They're just one of those bands where each member is insanely talented!

Tonight I'm seeing Nails, Full of Hell, Toxic Holocaust, Outer Heaven, and Gatecreeper! :lover:
Top 3 Parks: Knoebels, Cedar Point, Kennywood
Top 3 Steel Coasters: Steel Vengeance, Phantom's Revenge, Maverick
Top 3 Wood Coasters: El Toro, Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 3 Flat Rides: Knoebels Flyers, Black Widow, Zipper
Top 3 Water Rides: Coal Cracker, Escape From Pompeii, Splash Mountain
167 coasters

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Blind Idiot God » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:24 am

My last big one was Overkill/Nile. Overkill was tight like always (and their light show caught me by surprise, that thing is WAY more intense than I remember), but Ron Lipnicki's absence was noted and there were a few glaring omissions from their setlist (how tf you not gonna play Wrecking Crew, guys). As for Nile, I was sold on their new lineup. I've never seen them that energetic and engaged and they seemed to be having a ton of fun, and Brad stepping up to the center of the stage and taking over most of Dallas' old vocal parts made a huge difference. Maybe losing Dallas (who, by all accounts, was burned out and having one hell of a midlife crisis) was what needed to happen, because they were never this good with him around.

Postby I Like Theme Parks. » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:28 am

The Nails show at Union Transfer was absolutely incredible, and possibly life-changing. The lineup was godly of course, but the crowd was the thing that made it so great. The mosh pit was absolutely wild. There was nonstop slam dancing, and the circle pit was brutal. The area near the front was insane as well, and by the end of it there was at least one person stage diving at all times. It was out of control, but great.

The bands themselves did a great job. Outer Heaven was really good, Gatecreeper put on a great show, Full of Hell probably put on the best and most passionate performance that night, Toxic Holocaust was where the pit started to get really good and they had a good stage presence, and Nails was loud, grimy, and they have the best songs in my opinion.

I picked up Gatecreeper's LP (their only studio album so far) on olive green, kind of granite-pattern vinyl and a Full of Hell 7" on clear vinyl with gold blobs in it. All the merch costed $20, which is a great deal when it comes to records these days.

Next up is King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard this Thursday!
167 coasters

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Blind Idiot God » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:47 pm

I chose to not go to the Boston date because I didn't want to deal with Nails' fans. I will only ever see them on death metal bills because they attract the worst kind of violent, hyper-macho crowdkilling douchebags on punk bills. I do like them a lot, but like Harms Way, Code Orange, Xibalba, and Young and in the Way (albeit not to quite the same extent with YaitW), they have one of the worst fanbases in music.

Postby I Like Theme Parks. » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:04 pm

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard was great! There were two opening acts. The first was Stonefield, and while I don't care for their studio material at all, their songs were actually really good live. On their albums they sound like a mainstream garage/hard rock band, but their sound is way more atmospheric and trippy live. Then Orb played, and even though they probably sound a little too much like Black Sabbath, they're really good, so that's what matters. King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard is definitely the best live band I've ever seen so far (even though I've only seen 10 in total as of now.) It used to be a toss-up between Dinosaur Jr. and Full of Hell. They played really well, extended their songs a lot of the time into long jams, and the most noticeable thing is that they are quite a bit heavier live. Their setlist was perfect. They started off playing almost all of the tracks from Flying Microtonal Banana, more than half of Nonagon Infinity, and even some tracks from I'm in Your Mind Fuzz. In the middle of the set they played "The River" from their album Quarters, which I usually don't care for, but was important to the setlist to have a nice and chill song, and it was great. They also finished with a jam/medley of a bunch of tracks. The mosh pit was surprising, and in some ways it was more chaotic and exhausting than the show I saw last week. It was an amazing night, and I really think KG&tLW might be one of the best and most entertaining bands of this generation.
167 coasters

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:10 pm

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard @ The Metro (Chicago) last night.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Golddisk » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:27 pm

I last saw Maroon 5 a few weeks ago. They put on a great show, but I didn't really care for the opening acts.

Postby I Like Theme Parks. » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:32 pm

Just got tickets to see Pissed Jeans this July! :airtime:
167 coasters

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby TheAmericanKnight » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:20 pm

Reliant K and Switchfoot did a concert together a short while ago (a couple months I think). I went with some friends and it was nice.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random