Crazy Diets and Ways to Lose Weight

Yoga, Cleansers, and More!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Shirtless Dude!

Crazy Diets and Ways to Lose Weight

Postby Twister II » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:23 am

What are some of the crazy diets or ways to lose weight you have tried?

I hear a popular one is doing Bikram Yoga. I tried bikram yoga once and loved it! It was very challenging, but after the whole process of dying and planning out your funeral during class, felt amazing after words. I can't wait to go back again!

- Smart for Life has the cookie diet which I've heard a lot of people have lost weight on.
- There's a fruit diet, where you eat fruit every 2 hours with water.

Lets hear yours!

Bubbles!

Re: Crazy Diets and Ways to Lose Weight

Postby ParkTrips » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:20 pm

I hear the tape worm diet works well too

100% Retardation!

Postby Sasquatch » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:12 pm

Eating a normal medium fat and carb diet with fruit in between meals??

Or, what I used to do is try and eat as much fat as possible to make my body fat-intolerant. It failed to work.

18st down the line, I'm losing a healthy 2lbs a week :-D Lost almost a stone in 5 weeks.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby jmicha » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:26 pm

I came in here thinking I was going to share some insight since I've gone from 225 to 165 in a year and a half, but then I realized that I really don't eat that great. I still eat crappy foods (that I love eating, mmmm) but just eat a lot less of them. And no snacks between meals unless I'm physically hungry, and when that happens I'll have something small, like fruit or pretzels. And the biggest thing is that I cut out all sodas and juices from my diet and have felt amazing ever since. Some of my weight loss buddies tell me I'm cheating since I still eat generally unhealthy foods, but it's really all about understanding your body and knowing how to eat within a range that allows you to lose weight. There's no one special diet or food that will magically make everyone lose weight, it's all about trying different things and once you find something that works, go with it. That's what I did and have not had to give up anything I really cared about and have lost a ton of weight in the process. That's the best advice I can give to anyone looking to lose weight.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:31 am

I quit drinking and lost 40lbs. Found 20 of that somewhere ;) . Switched to diet soda and lost 10lbs. Now I live by the "eat less and move more" philosophy and have lost the other 10. Really, eating healthy portions (even if it is crap food) and moving works like a charm for me. I don't like (READ: HATE) to work out, so I don't. By just staying active I can burn calories and stay relatively fit.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:36 am

I don't believe in any crazy diets. I also believe that all of us are quite unique and what works for one may do the opposite for another.

As for me, I still eat crap, but I eat less and I move/exercise more and that's been great! I've lost 7 pounds in the last three months and while that may not sound like a lot on my frame it's actually great!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:07 pm

^
For someone of your size that's a ton!
I've done the same, though I really limit the crap ,and have lost almost 30lbs in the past 3 months! It's amazing what portion control and no snacking can do!

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby moinab » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:39 pm

Well, this is a very timely topic, as we are going back on the South Beach diet, starting tomorrow. We did it 4.5 years ago, during my last term of nursing school. It worked very well for us - I lost 10 pounds and Todd lost 26 pounds, in 6 weeks, but then he got laid off, I had to go back to work full time for the last month and a half of school, and it all went to hell.

I am very frustrated, because I have not lost a single pound, since I started running, last September. I went from no exercise, to running/working out 1 hour/day, 4-5 days/week, without changing my diet at all, and I haven't lost any weight. I don't know how that is possible. And it's not because I'm building muscle, because my flab layer is unchanged. I'm blaming sluggish middle-aged metabolism. :x

So, this time, I want to lose 10 pounds, again, and Todd wants to lose 32 pounds (I posted 40, in the running thread, but he corrected me. :?r )

Elissa - you are completely right about different methods working for different people. And, as I am unfortunately learning, what works at one stage of life does not necessarily work, as you get older. :x

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:54 pm

^Totally understand!

And I too have been dealing with the post kids getting older lack of metabolism. I used to be able to eat ANYTHING and EVERYTHING...now I can still eat ANYTHING, but not as much of it as I want!

My first month of working out I didn't lose any weight and didn't see any difference. Now after three months though I can see muscles and weight loss!
Last edited by SharkTums on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:55 pm.

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:45 pm

I got a job in a factory and have lost about 30 pounds in about 3 and half months while still eating large ridiculously bad portions and remaining fairly inactive during my days off lol. I wonder what kind of weight loss i would have if I actually tried.

Next

Return to Random, Random, Random