TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Music, Music, Music

Wes

Now listening to the entire soundtrack (2001) of...

OriginalCD2011.jpg.ad77b503a25d2c18cfe26ff76b75efc5.jpg

This is the first CD they started with the park, in September, 2001. I still love it!

OriginalCD2011a.jpg.634276d9bd4cc382aa1084aae4ab7513.jpg

And here's the back, with the track.... list. (o;

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really wish Elastica would reunite....even for just one show. Earlier this year it got very close when they got together for the first time in 20 years to discuss the re-release of their debut album. It's basically been ruled out but I wish the planets would align for it somehow.

One reason its unlikely is there's simply no demand for it. Their music has pretty much skipped a generation and they were only active for a few years. It would make some waves in the UK but would be a popcorn fart everywhere else.

Just got the new QOTSA and Oh Sees & so far it isn't even close. The new Oh Sees sounds far superior, although I am hoping that the new QOTSA will grow on me over time. From what I have heard of it thus far, it sounds like they were trying to come out with a different sound on several songs and I'm not quite sure if I like it or not.

• 3 months later...

Listening to the near-end of the entire soundtrack of Disney/Pixar's COCO.

And it is a MONSTER to listen to and through! 35 tracks on one disc!

I believe the first 10 or so track are the songs and such heard in the movie. Then, there's

the background tracks, played in full, and then.... some of it sounds like local cultural

songs, and the other.... strange, intriguing,..... gorgeously Mexican.

It's a great soundtrack.

CocoSoundtrackCD.jpg.bad6354ba2f50b394fcc0eddc6cab36d.jpg

Songs by the team that did "Frozen", Avenue Q and The Book of Mormon, on Broadway!

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got my top 20 albums of 2017:

1. Impalers - Cellar Dweller

2. The Uglies - Keeping Up With The Uglies

3. Pissed Jeans - Why Love Now

4. King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Flying Microtonal Banana

5. King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Murder of the Universe

6. Algiers - The Underside of Power

7. Idles - Brutalism

8. Concealed Blade - Concealed Blade

9. Career Suicide - Machine Response

10. Christian Fitness - Slap Bass Hunks

11. Haram - When You Have Won, You Have Lost

12. Dead Cross - Dead Cross

13. Exit Order - Seed of Hysteria

14. Power Trip - Nightmare Logic

15. Obediencia - Erosión

16. Oh Sees - Orc

17. Brockhampton - SATURATION II

18. Brockhampton - SATURATION III

19. Pyrrhon - What Passes for Survival

20. King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

I have the list on Rate Your Music with descriptions for the albums in the top 10: https://rateyourmusic.com/list/ILikeThemeParks/favorite-albums-of-2017/

Recently, on the radio, chat about an old record/cd franchise called A & B Sound....

Memories immediately flood back, to when I picked up all of my records and (eventually)

cds of everything, from solo, to jazz, to Broadway Original Cast albums, A & B Sound was

"the place to go" back then, in Vancouver.

I still miss the place.

a-b-soundYVR.jpg.dd7b67c9f6ae1ae4f51a83e953807073.jpg

On Seymour St., downtown. And I have no idea what they were protesting, back then.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been almost exclusively listening to some of my favorite experimental punk (I guess that's the best way to describe it) albums the past few days, especially Flipper and Death Grips ("The Money Store" followed by "Album: Generic Flipper" surprisingly go perfectly together back to back on repeat). Some other bands I've been addicted to lately:

Big Black

Cows

The Dicks

Crucifuccs

Naked Raygun

Some new (new to me at least) bands I found that I'd recommend are Drug Church, Buzzoven, and Candiria. I should probably share bands I discover here more often.

I've been almost exclusively listening to some of my favorite experimental punk (I guess that's the best way to describe it) albums the past few days, especially Flipper and Death Grips ("The Money Store" followed by "Album: Generic Flipper" surprisingly go perfectly together back to back on repeat). Some other bands I've been addicted to lately:

Big Black

Cows

The Dicks

Crucifuccs

Naked Raygun

Some new (new to me at least) bands I found that I'd recommend are Drug Church, Buzzoven, and Candiria. I should probably share bands I discover here more often.

Check out Wormwood from Boston if you haven't already. Sludgy, noisy metalcore with members of The Red Chord, Doomriders, and Phantom Glue. Churchburn is another must-listen; don't let the fact that they were formed by a former member of Vital Remains fool you, they're nasty blackened death/doom with some sludge elements.

• 2 weeks later...

Any other Editors fans? I forgot how great the first two records are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj_iM4YNsCQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cov-xFYmYyU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x26O237kP8

Yeah they sound like Interpol & Joy Division but that's nothing but a good thing.

Any other Editors fans? I forgot how great the first two records are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj_iM4YNsCQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cov-xFYmYyU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x26O237kP8

Yeah they sound like Interpol & Joy Division but that's nothing but a good thing.

Yes! I got to see them once in 2006 and hoping to catch them again this year! They're playing a venue about 10 minutes away from my house but I haven't got my tickets yet.

Huge Interpol and Joy Division fan as well.

A radio program on CBC Radio 2 is playing various Original Overtures and/or Original Musical Passages,

written for the various Olympics and/or Individual/Team Olympic Sports, them self.

As is the current Winter Olympics, starting up.

It's pretty awesome how "classical" and /or "jazz" some of these pieces, sound! Very cool play list here.

• 1 month later...

^You know what else is cool? The Atom and His Package cover of that song*. I have a version where he introduces it with something like "This is by a band called 'fug-uh-ZAI.' It's about the room in which you wait." Anyway, this isn't that one, but it's still pretty cool:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

*But his originals are a much better representation of his music, FYI. Go listen!

• 2 weeks later...

They're just starting to play DARK SIDE OF THE MOON on radio. CBC Radio 2.

The entire album.

*** We actually saw them LIVE, performing the album, in 1973, before the album was released!

With the lemon scented smoke coming off of the Gardens Stage at the PNE. Awesome concert.

darksideofmoon.jpg.740ead6b131e2fbf6f7e04c8535ed135.jpg

IMG_6462.JPG.80520397aa1f80c3e61a1c870bed5ba3.JPG

This is where we saw Pink Floyd and their "Dark Side of The Moon" Concert. In 1973. Before the record came out.

The photo is from 2014, when a Game of Thrones Exhibit (prior to Season 3) was on display at our annual fair,

the PNE in Vancouver. (o:

• 1 month later...

David finally got my Final Birthday Gift (Mar.30), that was Major-ly Delayed by Amazon,

for "one reason or another"........anyway...it arrived yesterday.

Playing it now - and it's just as awesome as I remember it, from the film.

And it is IMhO one of The Best Film Scores Written - Ever.

Got this year's Oscar for it, too WOO HOO!

ShapeOfWater.jpg.287a1f2cff15e8bace9bdf0b03e68d59.jpg

Am now listening to a long forgotten album/cd of one of my all time fave bands....Heart.

It's only 8 tracks, but it's a magnificent collection of memorable songs and music from an awesome band.

It's forty years old this year! Woo hoo!

634316349_Heart-DogampButterfly.jpg.4868d42f0ed54eff2ac10e9a6204ed0f.jpg

One of Heart's Best Ever Albums, IMhO!

• 1 month later...

Todays retro listen is a CD I think I picked up in a sale bin, years and years ago.

I have held onto it ever since.

This was a live album of Marc Almond, called "12 Years of Tears".

Totally ahead of it/his time. And still a great listen, after all these years.

marc-almondLIVE.jpg.5748e3219250de0bdc9a5134c675367d.jpg

1993. Happy 25th Anniversary, CD!

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to this entire album/cd right now.

It's a classic, in it's own right, really. Beautiful orchestrations

with Ian Anderson's wonderful flute playing as a bonus accompaniment.

ClassicCase-JethroTull.jpg.54ff73df7a07cd01a3ee64d9e503c64c.jpg