TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

For the record, I do not condone acts of vandalism at all, let alone as part of any championship celebration. Anyone who participated in such acts in Philly last night should be ashamed of themselves.

That said, though, people love to act like Philly is this depraved, lawless, modern-day Sodom and Gomorrah. Celebrations last night were no more destructive than those recently.

Last night in Philly:

One car is tipped on its side, an awning collapses, and some street lights are brought down. In total, three arrests have been reported.

Meanwhile, in other cities:

Of interesting note, in the Boston area last night, angry Patriots fans "began throwing objects, setting off smoke bombs, fireworks and starting fistfights", leading to six arrests.

San Francisco rioted after its third World Series win in five years, including burning a f**king bus.

Seattle had plenty of reports of vandalism and bonfires, and even damaged historic structures in the process.

Denver retaliated against police, ultimately leading to 12 arrests. That's nothing compared to what the city did in 1999, either.

How about the full blown riots in Vancouver after Game 7 of the 2011 Stanley Cup finals? (Of special note are the details from other cities, such as the "ugly orgy of violence and looting" in Chicago after their 1992 NBA Finals win, leading to more than 1,000 arrests and $10 million in damage.

Boston isn't much better, either.

Look, as I said, I in no way, shape, or form condone ANY acts of violence or vandalism and am sorely disappointed in any Eagles fan who participated in such acts last night. But don't give me any of this hypocritical crap that we're far and away worse than any other sports city.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People will continue to be drunk and stupid until the end of time. And real criminals will continue to take advantage of situations like that to commit crimes until the end of time as well.

^ Well put. I don't get it either...why would you trash your own city because your team wins a world title? Idiocracy, I suppose.

Oh - and my final prediction is why I don't do the point spread or pick 'em tickets anymore. I did win my money back on my office pools and profited $20, so I'm a happy camper.

What a great game it was to watch and I actually thought that the refs did a good job on the calls - despite Collinsworth's whining.

And I am so happy for my sister and her family because they live in Allentown and have been singing the loser's club Super Bowl song for as long as Buffalo has. A good time to be an Eagles fan!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
CHARGERS....

They are like the awkward cousin your mom forces you to be nice to in Los Angeles. We don't want them here. We know they belong to San Diego but Dean Spanos isn't rich enough to finance a stadium on his own...

• 9 months later...