The official NFL Discussion Thread

Talk about the NFL here.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The official NFL Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:53 am

Philrad71 wrote:At least I won $95 on my pools.

:lol: Good for you. My pools were a disaster.

That was an awesome game though (even though I hate the fact that New England won).

Postby viking86 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:18 pm

Since I had today off I decided to stay up and watch the SuperBowl. I was very close to going to bed in the 3rd quarter, but I decided to watch the whole thing and I'm very happy I did. While it's a sport that I don't watch much, I sure enjoyed that finish to the game.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Location: Ypsilanti, MI (four hours closer to CP than my old home)

Postby cparkes92 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:46 pm

I saw that Skip Bayless had congratulated the Falcons on winning the Super Bowl (well before the game was over)! This isn't the first time this season that Bayless had called a game before it was over. Earlier this season, he congratulated the Redskins for winning a game after they went ahead by four with less than two minutes left. However, the Lions came back to win with the remaining time left.
Top 10 steel: Millennium Force, Maverick, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, Top Thrill Dragster, Valravn, GateKeeper, Kraken
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat, Blue Streak (CP)

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby CoasterRench » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:22 am

cparkes92 wrote:I saw that Skip Bayless had congratulated the Falcons on winning the Super Bowl (well before the game was over)! This isn't the first time this season that Bayless had called a game before it was over. Earlier this season, he congratulated the Redskins for winning a game after they went ahead by four with less than two minutes left. However, the Lions came back to win with the remaining time left.

Bayless is a joke, he is one of the last guys that I will listen to in the sports world. Anyone that thinks Tebow was a future hall of famer or even a great QB loses all credibility.

The game was fantastic, not thrilled about the Patriots winning, but it was probably the best superbowl that I have seen. Surely one that most people won't forget, especially Atlanta fans.

Commercials were horrible. I don't typically care about them anyway, but there are usually a handful that stick out to me or I thought were funny. This year, I can only really remember the Mr. Clean one, and the handful of trailers they showed for upcoming movies.
Steel: 91 Wood: 28 Total: 119

Top Five
5. Diamondback, 4. Banshee, 3. Hollywood, Rip, Ride, Rockit, 2. Incredible Hulk, 1. Millennium Force

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:49 am

Philrad71 wrote:Atlanta will go down with the Bills as one of the all-time greatest choke artists in SB history.

At least I won $95 on my pools.

Wondering what people thought of this year's commercials? I don't care for the fact that they seem to be getting away from the funnier ones and leaning towards the more serious or heartwarming - or the just downright stupid ones.

No question that was THE WORST choke of all time. They had the ball at their 22 yard line up 8 points with 4 minutes left. All they had to do was run three times and eat clock & kick a FG to ice.

Good thing Sark is their new OC... :lol:

I teach at the school of donkey!

Location: Outside Six Flags Great America Waiting For Opening Day

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:32 pm

^ Exactly I had no idea why they tried to pass the ball. Now the refs did miss a face make on New England on the holding call on Atlanta on the 2nd down play that would of been offsetting penalties. And if that happens Atlanta probably would of won. Also it's time for the NFL to change the OT rules for the playoffs at least. Let both teams possess the ball even if the first team to have the ball scores a TD.

Postby Philrad71 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm

^^ I agree...they got too cute for their own good.

49'ers fans must be pretty nervous after seeing that horrific play calling from Shanahan.

^ I also agree with you about OT - let each team have the ball once even if a TD has been scored on the first possession.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:43 pm

I would like to see the NFL change OT to a full abbreviated quarter---do 12 min instead of a full 15 and let it play out. The team who wins the toss still gets a slight advantage, but the other team would deserve to lose if their defense can't get the ball back in 12 minutes....

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby CoasterRench » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:05 am

I like the college OT method, the only thing I would change is move them back further, force them to get a first down or two to get into field goal range. Don't start them in field goal range right away. However, I would be shocked if the NFL changed their OT method, they had the chance a couple years ago when they redid it and still didn't improve it, I doubt they will touch it anytime soon. Hopefully I am proven wrong on this.
Steel: 91 Wood: 28 Total: 119

Top Five
5. Diamondback, 4. Banshee, 3. Hollywood, Rip, Ride, Rockit, 2. Incredible Hulk, 1. Millennium Force

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby pdcon » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:52 pm

Are we Going to do a TPR Fantasy football league this season?
TOP 5 COASTERS (5) X2 (4) XCELERATOR (3) EXPEDITION EVEREST (2) SUPERMANS ULTIMATE FLIGHT (1) BIZZARO

Anyone remember the days when these were called Taglines?
I really need a girl who's name doesn't end in .JPG

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random