Musicals

P. 124: Love Never Dies: The Phantom Returns review!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Re: Musicals

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:04 pm

^Was there ever any doubt?

Bette is a Goddess! :lover:

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:14 pm

Let's get out of here before Bette thanks anyone else.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:24 pm

^That was bizarrely funny to us, actually. And she did Out-Thank the entire orchestra's "exit music." LOL

A first for the TONYs I betcha. Gawd Love Bette! :lover: She earned that 'time period', IMhO. =)

(I was slightly miffed, and others were too, that the show didn't do a full-out production number, from HD! I "heard" that they
couldn't {or wouldn't} do any number, without their "walkway around the orchestra". What - ever. It was a disappointment.)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:03 pm

We're seeing the touring production of Phantom of The Opera tonight. From what I've seen in the commercials, the giant chandelier doesn't
"come down" like it did in the original Brdwy production and previous tours. Or does it? Looking forward to finding out... :smile:

EDIT/Thursday: Show was fantastic! The chandelier did not disappoint. In fact, I thought it was better this way (the way it "fell") than the original way! :shockr: And the set, the set, the set! What an amazing design, and the lighting as well. Leads were excellent, all through the show. I think I really liked this version better than The Original, but seeing that was many many years ago for us. Whatever. I was surprised, and so glad we saw this production. A deserved Standing O that started, the second the dancers took to the stage for their bows.
Phantom2017Vancouver.jpg
Awesome set design. Really unique.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Coming to Broadway next year...
FrozenTheMusical.jpg

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:15 pm

:( Barbara Cook R.I.P.

The marquees of Broadway theaters in New York will be dimmed on August 9 at 7:45pm for one minute in memory of Tony-winning actress Barbara Cook, who died at age 89 on August 8.

“Barbara Cook was an unforgettable talent with a voice that dazzled audiences and kept them coming back over her fifty-year career. With charisma, determination and perseverance she made a remarkable contribution to theater and inspired fans around the world,” said Charlotte St. Martin, president of the Broadway League. “She will be greatly missed. Our thoughts are with her family, friends and colleagues.”

On Broadway, Cook is known for originating the roles of Marian Paroo in The Music Man, Amalia Balash in She Loves Me, among many others. She also appeared in Broadway revues, concerts and specials including Sondheim on Sondheim, Barbara Cook's Broadway!, Mostly Sondheim and Barbara Cook: A Concert for the Theatre. Her additional credits on Broadway include The Grass Harp, The Gay Life, Carousel, Oklahoma! and Flahooley.

In 1958 Cook won the Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Musical for The Music Man. She received a second Tony Award nomination in 2010 for Sondheim on Sondheim and was the recipient of many honors including the Theatre World Award and the Grammy Award.
BarbaraCook.jpg

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:18 pm

Coming to Broadway, in early December...
SpongeBobSquarepants.jpg
Who names a group, Plain White T's...?

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:21 pm

The new cast for Broadway's FROZEN, opening March 22nd...
FrozenTheMusical01.jpg
John Riddle, Caissie Levy, Patti Murin & Jelani Alladin ~ Hans, Elsa, Anna, and Kristoff.
(Photo: Andrew Eccles)

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:11 pm

Was absolutely blown away, by an American touring production of....wait for it....."The Sound of Music"..... :shockr:
Admittedly, I am not one for the "older musicals" of the decades. Like Carousel, My Fair Lady, Sound of Music, etc. But this. OMG!
(This was one of the 4 productions, in this season's Broadway Across Canada Subscription series.)

The actress playing the Mother Superior blew the roof off the end of Act 1 with "Climb Ev'ry Mountain". And that made the
whole production for myself. If "CEM" couldn't be carried, like she absotutely did, then it was lost on me.
And the production was smart, didn't shy away from the Nazi presence, and the kids were awesome! All 7 of them!

Definitely a see-if-you-can, if it's coming to you soon. And now I can die, knowing I have see an (mostly) original
"SoM" onstage - live - magnificently sung by all.:smile:
Sound.jpg
And FYI - Jack O'Brien is the genius director behind HAIRSPRAY!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:08 pm

This just in...

Jake Gyllenhaal-Led Sunday in the Park with George
Cast Recording Gets Release Date
:smile:

It's to be in November.

The previously announced Sunday in the Park with George cast album hits earbuds on September 22 via Warner Music Group; a CD will be available in November. The 2016 Broadway revival, starring Jake Gyllenhaal as George and Annaleigh Ashford as Dot, concluded its acclaimed limited run on April 23 at the Hudson Theatre. As previously reported, the production recouped its investment.
JakeGyllenhall2016sundayINpark.jpg
Jake as George.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random