Cirque Du soleil

anyone see any of there shows?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Cirque Du soleil

Postby Mrlittle » Wed May 03, 2017 8:24 pm

^ I saw Kurios a few weeks ago. While its not my favorite as far as story goes, it had some great acts. Including one act that lets just say used a candlestick very clever. Any cirque fan will enjoy this show.
IMG_1536.JPG

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:19 pm

^ Great! I look forward to us seeing it in late October.
map-newsletter-show-Newsletter-2017-06.gif
Map of current Cirque shows, around the world.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:00 pm

We saw KURIOS two nights ago. And it was wonderful! So different than a lot of the other Cirque shows.
Lots of copper and brass colours in the set design and a lot of the costumes, too. I loved the whole steampunk
look of it, with all the gadgets and characters moving around the set.

And yes ^^ that act with the "candlestick" was totally freeky! When "the upper half" of the act appeared, you could
hear everybody in the audience suddenly realizing what was going on. And start screaming disbelief. Awesome act!

My least favourite act was the female bicyclist doing her act "in mid air." Didn't jive with all of the rest of the
performers, in my opinion. She looked like she was an audience participant, definitely looking like a "tourist." But
not part of the entirety of the production design, if that makes sense. I thought she was just stuck into the show.

I also figured out I've seen 10 productions of Cirque! Together, me and David have seen nine of them. The 10th Cirque show
for me, was ZED, which I saw in Tokyo at Tokyo Disneyland, before they (sadly) shuttered the show, in late 2011.

P.S. I ALSO had the golden fortune to be included in one of the pre-show "sketches" that the wandering clowns do,
before the show actually starts! I got picked out by one of the "scientists" (?) who noticed me in my very colourful Disneyland
t-shirt
. He first had me stand up and show the shirt off for the crowd, then he "put me to bed" with a HUGE pillow over (poor) David's head,
a snood on my head (look it up kids), and a very big blanket. Then one of those baby mobiles was installed above my head. Awesome!
I went along with it all, snoring and falling asleep, then trying to wake up without "him" seeing me. Fun comedy to be a part of.
I definitely had some of the audience close to us enjoying it.

Then I got to add to that first part, just before Act 2 started! Another clown "scientist" was working through the audience. I immediately
told David, "if he comes this way, I'm, going to hit your shoulder with my head. Go along with it." And it did indeed happen. So the other
"scientist" woke me up, and the crowd loved it!

I even got compliments on my way out, with those saying they had no idea I wasn't an actual part of the show! Very cool to hear. :)
kurios02.jpg
Also one of our fave acts in KURIOS. The mechanical hand was pretty cool to see, "walking."
IMG_2356.JPG
The t-shirt in question. With Mater at DCA, Sept.15, 2016.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Previous

Return to Random, Random, Random