TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

This is a thread where you can talk about movies you've just seen, movies you're about to see, or movies that aren't out yet that you're looking forward to.

I guess I can start.

We just recently say Shaun of the Dead...which ROCKED!!!! OMFG! That was so much better than I thought it was going to be.

Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle - which I thought was going to be REALLY stupid, but we ended up laughing more during that than we did Anchorman.

The Village - I got kind of bored of this, the ending was 'ok' I guess...but nothing special.

Big Fish is sitting on our TV now which we'll probably watch this weekend. Tim Burton movies are kind of hit or miss for me. While I really liked Mars Attacks, Nightmare, Pee Wee, Beetlejuice and Sleepy Hollow, I was never a big fan of Ed Wood or Edward Scissorhands.

Ok, I think that's my list for now. Now it's someone elses turn!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

Oh man I saw Shaun of the Dead last summer on an airplane ride to england. I didn't love it as much then possibly because I was trying to eat airplane food while watching a zombie movie...

When I saw it in the theaters in the fall it was great. With the audience it was hard not to have a good laugh at all the silliness. Honestly though my favorite parts are probably early in the movie as he is completely unaware of everything going on around him.

The other night, all my friends came by and we all watched The Grudge. That movie was freaky w/ all the lights turned off. Unfortunately, some of us kept cracking jokes so we didn't fully understand the movie. Later that night, my cousin couldnt sleep because my friend came up to the door, immatated the kid's sounds and rattled the door. I found it funny as she was freaked out and couldnt sleep.

A few days later, I watched Dickie Roberts. That movie was pretty good. My younger brother tried to say "Nucking Futs" as Dickie said in the movie but it came out as Nucking F**ks...It was funny.

Shaun of the Dead looked so funny, I wanted to see it but never got a chance too, maybe when it comes out on DVD (if its not already out I'll get it)

Id like to see SAW, has anyone seen it? I'm thinking about buying it as a DVD to my collection (I'm a DVD collector, woohoo http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=mr.+volcano) and have heard both good and bad ratings for it...

Tonight im off to see a movie with the family, we haven't decided yet but we're going between "Are we there yet?, Wedding Date, or Meet the Fockers"... I hope none of them suck too bad.

-Justin

Shaun of the Dead was pretty good. But It really was 50% Horror and 50% stupid. I was expecting it to be a bit more like the Scary Movies. So I was a bit disapointed that it wasn't 100% stupid like Scary Movie. But hey, it was better than most Zombie movies. (However thats not saying much )

Last DVDs, Harold and Kumar go to WC. funniest part was with the cop,

Kumar? Whats that like two O's and two U's.

Shark Tales, Grudge, Open water, Friday Night lights, Shaun of the dead and Vote for Pedro(Napoleon Dynamite)

Last big screen movie: Bogeyman. It had a couple of good parts but it wasn't really scary. White Noise and SAW, now on DVD

Bubba "Can't wait for the Ring 2 "Z

Harold and Kumor Go to White Castle really was great!!!

I thought the funniest part was Freakshow singing that Christian song.

OMG! I was laughing so hard it hurt.

Saw was really good also. But I don't recommend it if you don't like gore.

I recently saw Boogeyman. It was okay but nothing special. If you like getting scared because stuff pops out at you, this is a heartattack in that form.

For the person curious about the movie SAW, I thought it was EXCELLENT. One of the best scary movies I've seen. I'd HIGHLY suggest adding it to your collection, you won't be disappointed.

Robb mentioned the Village, I loathed that movie. I was expecting to be scared, instead, it was just bad. Disappointment.

I went to see White Noise last Saturday, and did not expect much. However, this movie was very good. It is quite creepy with good acting. We even went to see it again two days later and enjoyed yet again.

Shaun of the Dead was a great mix of horror and comedy. A film such as this one is does not come by often, but when they do, oh how fun. Only one other film that I can think of is better mixing horror and comedy, and that is Peter Jackson’s splatter classic Dead Alive (aka Brain Dead).

SAW was one film I was really looking forward to. Not only did it have a great premise, but also friends of mine have a song in the soundtrack (Better Off Dead by Pitbull Daycare) When I did see it, I was a disappointed. Just too much information was given, which made me loose interest. I do plan on giving it a second chance though.

The Grudge tried to keep its Japanese roots, but something happened along the way. For me, it just was boring. I am even hesitating on watching Ju-On (the original Japanese version), because the story line was so slow. However, it has to be much better than this remake (just as Ringu was better that The Ring).

Ju-on (Correct me if I'm wrong but I think thats the name for the orignial Grudge movie) was much better than when they brought it over to America to try to remake. It was still an okay movie but it really did lose its touch.

My brother bought me Saw and I came home and watched it and I loved it. I didn't know how much I would like it becuase it looked more like a "CSI" investigation type of movie but I found it a full horror film. This movie had me jumping and screaming and that is rare for me in a horror film. It is definately one of my favorite films of all time.

I would give it a 9/10...the only reason I wouldn't give it a 10 is because some parts seemed a little too sadistic to be enjoyable.

Napoleon Dynamite!!!!.... Freakin' Awesome the funniest movie ever! It made no sense at all but it was hilarious.

The Grudge was retarded I couldn't watch the whole thing it was extremely boring to me.

Meet the Fokkers was hilarious as well, not as funny as Napoleon, but still was funny