TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Glad to see we have a Solo a Star Wars story trailer, and I wanted to share some thoughts.

First glance it's my biggest complaint becoming reality. A movie about a character that wasted a space that could be filled in with a movie like R1. Yeah I'm not exited having these side movies fill in character back ground I want to see events. I'm even for a Bobba Fett movie if it's not about Bobba but about bounty hunters and have Bobba be a main player (not the main character) in a game between them.

I have the same reaction as the GotG trailers, I have no idea what's going on and it seems like fun. In a sense GotG became the SW of Marvel so I like to see Solo become the GotG of SW, AKA a fun movie about a A hole doing his thing.

I just try to be optemistic but I surely hope less Solo style movie's and more R1 style movie's.

• 2 weeks later...

Black-Panther-super-825.jpg.6299915e42beedef3cf76d3b9b9b9343.jpg

Last night we were invited to a media screening of Black Panther and my initial impressions were VERY strong! Even being more of an “origin” story akin to the original Thor movie, every sequence in the film is entertaining, super fun, and you learn everything about the characters you would want to know going into it. Not many questions are left unanswered, which is a good thing IMO, as we need to go straight from this film right into Avengers Infinity War which will probably leave no time for loose ends.

black-panther_high-res-images-18.thumb.jpg.f05c18ef3eb2d608593c25515f3d5334.jpg

While the Black Panther spends less time being your traditional “super hero” in this film, he is without question the “hero” of the movie and throughout the entire film you never forget that. The supporting cast is just fantastic, especially Panther’s sister which steals the scene every time she’s on screen!

black-panther-633x356.jpg.d254be6007e7de4343e70a0c7942308a.jpg

I also must say that the movie looked BEAUTIFUL! The “hidden country” of Wakanda was breathtaking, even in 3-D which we saw the movie in (I personally prefer watching movies in 2D) which didn’t seem to add too much depth to the scenery, but it also didn’t need to.

black-panther_high-res-images-16.thumb.jpg.5bffa674bdb46673ddb4491736387f08.jpg

As someone who is a ‘casual fan’ of the Marvel Universe, and even having not seen all of the movies (I’ve seen most) I didn’t feel like you needed to see any of the other films in order to understand what was happening in Black Panther. It is a stand-alone movie and a great introduction to anyone who hasn’t been too familiar with the Marvel films to date.

Black-Panther-royals-e1499871154914.thumb.jpg.873424e8add7efbcd5b35a3e7c39dbea.jpg

Overall it has a very good message of equality, the characters are all strong, the movie is action packed while still being “light hearted” and funny at time… really, just a great couple of hours in a movie theater.

Highly recommended!

Edited by robbalvey

Saw Black Panther yesterday. Great movie personal best of phase 3. I only thought Klaue could have had a more important role It just felt like a extended cameo from Avengers AoU. Besides that I enjoyed the story and hope Infinity war just raises the bar because I sure as hell don't see Ant-Man and the Wasp do that. I was surprised how much culture this movie had it really made me want to see Wakanda if it exsisted.

• 2 weeks later...

Black Panther was an excellent movie. While Thanos has been receiving a lot of attention online leading up to Infinity War, I was absolutely impressed by Black Panther's main villain. As good as the Marvel movies have been, several of their villains have been one-dimensional/forgettable. Not this one.

^ I thought the design AND the score of it was so amazing. Especially the music.

That they both got the Oscars, was perfect satisfaction, to me. The rest was gravy, LOL!

• 4 weeks later...

So I wanted to do a double revieuw of the latest two movies I saw.

Tomb Raider: Not bad, not great. I enjoyed myself while watching and it really felt like a video game at times. That said the movie kind of felt generic, there was nothing that wanted me to go and rewatch it. That said if this gets a sequel that focuses on what I hoped it does, I'm going to watch it.

Ready Player One: I had realy a lot of fun watching this. Just the easter eggs in this movie made it do it for me. I'm mixed on the plot. The video game plot I could realy buy it was the real world plot that felt "meh" to me. Still I enjoyed the movie a lot.

So I wanted to do a double revieuw of the latest two movies I saw.

Tomb Raider: Not bad, not great. I enjoyed myself while watching and it really felt like a video game at times. That said the movie kind of felt generic, there was nothing that wanted me to go and rewatch it. That said if this gets a sequel that focuses on what I hoped it does, I'm going to watch it.

Ready Player One: I had realy a lot of fun watching this. Just the easter eggs in this movie made it do it for me. I'm mixed on the plot. The video game plot I could realy buy it was the real world plot that felt "meh" to me. Still I enjoyed the movie a lot.

I haven't seen Ready Player One, but I had similar thoughts on Tomb Raider. It was ok, but nothing great.

One of my guilty pleasure movies is the Room, a movie that's considered by many to be one of the worst films ever produced. For me, it's a film that's so bad, it becomes entertaining. Basically the leading actor (Tommy Wiseau) was such a bad actor that no one would cast him. His solution, create a movie where he's the writer, producer, director, and leading actor. Oh and he fronted it with $10 million dollars from his mysteriously loaded bank account.

I was shocked and excited to learn that Tommy Wiseau reunited with one of the other actors in the Room (Greg Sestero, aka Mark) on a film that released this past weekend, Best F®iends. Sestero plays a drifter who is hired by a weird owner of a morgue (Wiseau). I have to admit, this role actually worked for Wiseau. The resulting film is a confusing adventure of friendship, manipulation, and awkwardness, especially awkwardness. But fortunately these awkward moments are hysterical.

Oh and of course they had the balls to follow the Hollywood trend of producing a Part 1 and Part 2.

If the movie itself wasn't baffling enough on its own, they had not one, not two, but three post credit scenes. They included a trailer for Part 2, a backstage diary of the movie's filming, and then a music video that honestly had me thinking I was on acid.

• 3 weeks later...

So just saw Infinity War. No spoilers but I really enjoyed it. I’m not one who compares the marvel movies against each other but for the sake of avoiding spoilers I will review it as this I think people who liked civil war/ the airport scene will love this one. I haven’t been a big fan of the whole stone or Thanos thing throughout these movies but I still really enjoyed this. Some things I kind of want to discuss but I will wait until more see it.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a few movies this past while.

Rampage - Exactly as I expected. A ridiculous and stupid good action movie.

A Quiet Place - I liked it! A nice twist on suspense/monster movies.

Infinity War - It was a good movie. Honestly, though, I'm pretty burned out on the superhero movies and if I didn't have the MoviePass I probably wouldn't watch a few of them anymore. It was full of action, and a fun movie, but nothing groundbreaking or amazing.