TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "Oscars" Thread

TwistedTrack

Welcome to the Oscars Thread.

The Oscars are coming this Sunday and since I am movie crazy I decided to make an Oscars thread.

I think Crash was an amazing film and should win many awards.

I think Brokeback Mountain will win Best Picture due to everybody says it is going to win lol.

King Kong I think should win Best Visual Effects

I think Crash should win Original Screen Play

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory will definately win Best Costume Design

Best actress will probably be Reese Witherspoon for Walk The Line

Best actor will probably be Heath Ledger for Brokeback Mountain

Those are my thoughts.

What are yours?

Robb, if you feel this should be moved to the "Movies, Movies, Movies" thread, then do your thing.

lol. This has probably been my most sincere post, ever. lol

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Brokeback will win, though I prefer "Goodnight And Goodluck" lol.

I also think Phillip Seymour Hoffman will win lol.

I hope Amy Adams wins for best supporting actress, she was really great in "Junebug" lol.

Jon Stewart should be funny. He makes me lol, lol.

lol

Brokeback Mountain.

Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Reese Witherspoon.

Ang Lee.

...and "Travellin' Thru/on/whatever" by dear Dolly Parton from the film, "TransAmerica"!

(MAJOR EDIT: Oops. And wild and wonderful 'Wallace & Gromit'. )

I don't really pay attention to the Oscar's because I really almost never see the films that win. Most of the time though the winner I at least heard of, unlike the other nominees that more than likely I will have never heard of the movie, seen a preview for it, and can't even say I honestly even saw that it was in the theaters. As with most of Hollywood, the biggest thing will be who is wearing what on the red carpet. Hope some of the hotties be looking good tonight!

One of the best things being said about his year's nominees for Best Picture - is that any of these films could have run in any other year, and probably have won.

The fact that all five have been critically acclaimed in their own right, and not been Big Budget Action/Thriller/Epic/Whatever-type Movies.... well, I think that's nice for a change, considering what has passed thru before, claiming to be an "oscar contender" - eh.

This is the first time in a very long time, that most peeps have not had a problem with all five nominees - AND that all five directors related to same films, have been nominated as well. A very rare ocurrence.

In the meantime - GO BROKEBACK, GO!!!

I'm so happy Crash won. I thought that movie or Good Night and Good Luck were the best movies of the year. I'm glad the Academy made the right choices in a lot of categories...Resse Witherspoon and Wallace and Gromit were the best in their categories and got the nod. It's a shame Amy Adams didn't win for Junebug, however.

Brokeback Mountain.

Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Reese Witherspoon.

Ang Lee.

...and "Travellin' Thru/on/whatever" by dear Dolly Parton from the film, "TransAmerica"!

(MAJOR EDIT: Oops. And wild and wonderful 'Wallace & Gromit'. )

Well, four out of 6 ain't too bad, heh heh.

Missed the song and Da Picture.

Pimped and Crashed, oh my!

Wow, it sounded like Brokeback Mountain won alot of oscars. It sounds like a great movie. I really want to see it but i don't think saying "hey, lets all go to the gay cowboy movie!" would go over well with my friends...

especially if I said it.... Then my secret would be way to obvious...

Well, thats what DVDs are for!

^ Actually it won only three out of the eight nominations:

Screenplay Adaptation

Score

Direction

Which was fine - 'cause that's what made BM so memorable. Ang Lee's amazing bringing together of all elements in the film; an amazing screen treatment of an already great short story; A haunting, yet very 'western american sound' in it's soundtrack.

It's much more than 'just about gay cowboys.' Much more.

I was glad to see Reese Witherspoon take the award for Best Actress.

I read that she took six months of singing lessons to prepare for her roll in this film. That shows incredible dedication and commitment to the role.

It's one thing for a singer to become and actor, but It has to be much more difficult for an actor to learn how to sing.

Also, for those who haven't seen her movie "Election", it's definitely worthy of a rental.

Let's see, I called Best Actor,Actress,Supporting Actress, Animated feature film, Makeup.

I loved Jon's quip on "Martin Scorsease" (Or howerver you spell his last name) 0, Three Sixth Mafia, 1 !

As for Best Picture, I believe everyone was shocked by Crash taking it. IMO, while it was good, it was not the knockout Brokeback was.

Crash deserved the Best Picture Award. The most powerful film i have ever seen. It really changes how you think of people and makes you want to be a different person after seeing what can happen all because of a stereotype. I think everybody should watch Crash.

I think In the Deep should have won the best original song, although It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp, has the best name. lol

Ben Stiller doing the special effects thing was so funny!

Good movie year.

• 11 years later...

Wow. Whatta bump! From 2006 to 2017.

So - how did people feel about today's nominations?

And once again, the ONLY film we saw last year, that's up for Best Picture,

is "The Shape of Water". And it was great! I will be surprised if it wins, though.

Sunday, March 4th is the date to find out!

• 6 years later...