TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Whats The Weather Like Where You Live?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's 9am here and it's -1 degree. I had to sleep on the couch last night because our living room is the only room in this old house that actually gets warm and stays warm through the night. Not my ideal sleeping situation, since my stepdad gets up super early, but needs must.

^ That round indentation beside the throne, is for the champagne bucket, yes? No?

LOL - it IS a drink holder, Bill! We do have a half of a bottle of champagne in the fridge, so I may have to go take another photo.

I was going to go out and make some more sculptures yesterday out of the giant mounds of snow, but it is so cold outside (single digit cold) that I couldn't bring myself to do it. I need to get to the store today and I am already dreading that.

In terms of Florida, we got the brunt of that cooler weather when we were down there last week unfortunately.

Maybe I will just stay indoors and do a TPR trip report today instead? We'll see...lol.

It's 4F right now. Been below freezing since about 8PM last Friday, and it won't be above freezing until Friday afternoon, when we might get a high of 33. This is unseasonably cold for us; usually we have highs in the 40s and lows in the 20s. Perfect for our winter tradition, black ice!

• 2 weeks later...

Thoughts go out to all the people in Southern California, affected by the recent floods and mudslides.

We hear the news on it, and it sounds just terrible, with a number of lives lost already.

We're thinking of you up here, and hoping you get through it as best you can.

• 1 month later...

Our neighbor near us, Del, took some snow photos around the block. We got dumped on, over three days last week,

and now it's looking like we never had snow to begin with, lol!

Anyway, in one of the photos Del posted on his Facebook page, there was this one, with our house in the background! Cool!

And thanks for the photo, Del!

DelsViewSnowFeb2018.jpg.7e65cfaac429d12fc42f6c6af14abf23.jpg

Our house is the middle one of the three in back, there. Second house from the corner. (o:

• 3 weeks later...

The weather here SUCKS! I never post in this thread but I'VE OFFICIALLY HAD IT WITH WINTER!

DONE WITH THE WINTER COAT!

DONE WITH THE BOOTS!

DONE WITH THE SHOVELING!

MOTHER NATURE NEEDS TO GET F@CKED!

The daily high temperatures lately have been around or below freezing with the same expected for at least another week. There's also plenty of snow still on the ground and more expected in the next few days. At the rate we're going, we may not have all of the snow melted by the time Valleyfair opens.