Major League Baseball Thread

Post Your Thoughts
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Major League Baseball Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:16 am

Okay...how about not catering to people who love to complain that they aren't being entertained every second of the day? "OMG, you guys, I was bored for like nearly a minute and I thought I would die. My entertainment time is valuable, people. Chop, chop. I have to be entertained in a different way next." Panem et circenses, and too much of both.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:42 pm

I don't mind that rule change...it doesn't really make a difference either way.

I had a lot more problems with all the changes for player safety at home plate and sliding into 2nd base that had a real impact on how the game is played.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:27 am

This rule sucks, but the extra inning idea is much, much worse.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:58 am

^ Yeah, I don't know who these people are who are complaining about extra innings. I've never seen an extra inning game that wasn't really exciting.

And where are the people complaining about the fact that the last 2 minutes of every NFL game lasts half an hour?
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby coasterbill » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:41 pm

So apparently the Mets let Tim Tebow play against real, honest to god major league baseball players with actual talent today for some reason and he struck out twice (once looking on 4 consecutive fastballs), hit into a double play with the bases loaded and was drilled with a pitch but immediately made a huge baserunning mistake and didn't freeze on a line drive and was easily doubled off. :lol:

Sucks to suck. I can't wait to see how long the Mets let this stupid PR stunt go on for.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Location: Ypsilanti, MI (four hours closer to CP than my old home)

Postby cparkes92 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:07 pm

Looks like it will be a rebuilding year in Detroit, at least when it comes to the bullpen. I haven't seen any ST games, but from what I've read on Twitter, some bullpen arms have been serving up meatballs. Their exhibition record is 3-9 (with six straight losses)
Top 10 steel: Millennium Force, Maverick, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, Top Thrill Dragster, Valravn, GateKeeper, Kraken
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat, Blue Streak (CP)

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Genx24 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:04 am

coasterbill wrote:So apparently the Mets let Tim Tebow play against real, honest to god major league baseball players with actual talent today for some reason and he struck out twice (once looking on 4 consecutive fastballs), hit into a double play with the bases loaded and was drilled with a pitch but immediately made a huge baserunning mistake and didn't freeze on a line drive and was easily doubled off. :lol:

Sucks to suck. I can't wait to see how long the Mets let this stupid PR stunt go on for.

They needed him to play because the team has one of the largest contingents of players participating in the WBC (10, IIRC)

That being said, I agree that it's a stupid stunt, and I hate that my team, when finally getting better on the field, resorted to such a parlor trick.
Skyrush/El Toro/Boulder Dash/Superman/New Texas Giant/Phantom's Revenge/Wicked Cyclone/Phoenix/Stormrunner/Xcelerator
Total coasters: 122

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:16 pm

In 3 more days I'll be seeing my first baseball game of the year, an exhibition between the Springfield Cardinals and St. Louis Cardinals at Hammons Field. St. Louis rotates between Springfield (AA) and Memphis (AAA) for their final game of spring training and this is our year! Looking forward to seeing Molina in person again. Hoping he gets that contract extension and we get to see him play a bit longer.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Genx24 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:35 pm

2017 predictions:

NL: Mets, Cubs, Giants, Nationals(WC), Dodgers(WC)
AL: Red Sox, Indians, Astros, Blue Jays(WC), Rangers(WC)

Playoffs:
Mets over Cubs
Indians over Astros

World Series:
Mets over Indians
Skyrush/El Toro/Boulder Dash/Superman/New Texas Giant/Phantom's Revenge/Wicked Cyclone/Phoenix/Stormrunner/Xcelerator
Total coasters: 122

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:07 pm

2017 predictions:

NL: Mets, Cubs, Dodgers, Braves (WC), Giants (WC)
AL: Red Sox, Indians, Rangers, Astros (WC), Orioles (WC)

World Series:
Red Sox over Cubs (admit that I am totally biased)

AL MVP- Manny Machado
NL MVP- Anthony Rizzo
AL Cy Young- Chris Sale
NL Cy Young- Clayton Kershaw
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random