The "Rant" Thread

Vent random things that annoy you!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: The "Rant" Thread

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:55 am

jzoole wrote:^ It's awesome that you're so driven, and there's nothing wrong with being a little competitive, but you shouldn't judge your own success byhow others perceive you or by what others have done. Also, you certainly shouldn't feel inadequate in comparison with your fellow valedictorians. Just think how inadequate the entire rest of your graduating class probably feels in comparison with you!

Thanks, you have a good point there. I'll try to think about it that way more instead of getting too wrapped up in my perfectionism. Intellect is both a blessing and a curse!

Which is why coasters are awesome. I don't think I could feel worried or depressed while chillin' at my home park. :) Exactly one month from now I'll be living closer to SFDK than ever! :b
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Noo! They be stealin' my bucket!

Postby onewheeled999 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:28 pm

"All we had to do was follow the damn train, CJ!"

If you've played Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, you feel my pain right now.
Xbox Live + Steam + Twitter + Skype + AIM: Onewheeled999

A not-so-awesome title

Postby molemaster43 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:50 am

onewheeled999 wrote:"All we had to do was follow the damn train, CJ!"

I love that game, but hate that mission, lol

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ace Of Spades » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:41 pm

onewheeled999 wrote:"All we had to do was follow the damn train, CJ!"

My laptop was seconds from exiting my home via the second-story-window thanks to that mission. Blind luck (and hours of pointless trying) finally led me to beat it, but not before a considerable amount of raging.

In other news, my very heavily Christian brother-in-law has taken up a new game: Ask me a heavily loaded and needlessly obtuse question about my atheistic beliefs, let me do my best to put things as non-offensively as possible (in a ten second time frame, usually), then proceed to look smug when my answer didn't meet his lofty expectations. It's beyond frustrating, especially considering this is someone twenty years my senior (who, frankly, really should have a better means of self-validation by now).
Some of us just like to disappear every now and again.

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:17 am

^ My English Class was actually worth something this past year, as we studied a large number of great philosphers. While I don't usually engage in religious debates, I usually use William James to prove my point. sure, I'm a Catholic, but I do have my reasons for keeping this faith. Anyway, here's the guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_James

If you still consider atheism to be a "belief" or "something you believe in" you can utilize this man's studies. Basically what he says is that in order for people to stay grounded in reality and to basically stay sane, they need a belief of some kind. Doesn't matter what belief it is, just that there should be one.

When you look at it that way, technically any belief can be true to you as an individual since it keeps you stable.

I don't think he'll have much of a comeback for that one. :p
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby imawesome1124 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:22 am

I hate using my computer's trackpad. It's extremely awkward and the scrolling sucks.

It's All About Quality!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:03 am

3am. Peaceful sleeping to be had but now wide awake due to the wonderful sounds of road construction and Jack hammers right out my bedroom window... I'd like to thank my lovely city for their excellent planning with this project and would take on hearing a coaster with screaming riders right outside my office window during a work day any day compared to this.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby VinTheAttendant » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:33 pm

Facebook Timeline...

Yeah yeah, I know the argument that everyone eventually grows to love the new formats after several months of use, but Timeline has been around for months and I still think it looks ugly and it takes longer for it to load than the former format. Also, this "forcing upon" business feels almost threatening. But, this bitching is pretty pointless since I'm going to keep using Facebook anyway. I have no counterargument for the "If you don't like it, why don't you stop using it?" approach.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simaticable » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:07 pm

^ For some reason, I don't have Timeline yet.
Schwarzkopf was a genius; anything less makes you a moron. ;)

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ace Of Spades » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:34 pm

simaticable wrote:^ For some reason, I don't have Timeline yet.

If you never accept the offers to "try" it, it won't kick you over to it. I'm still free of Timeline as well, rather thankfully. :)
Some of us just like to disappear every now and again.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random