The "Rant" Thread

Vent random things that annoy you!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The "Rant" Thread

Postby netdvn » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:30 pm

There's something wrong with me.

I stretched a shoulder muscle a few weeks ago and it left me with an annoying pain. That stopped after a week or two and then I got hit with terrible allergies, which led me to lose my voice at work. Then I get hit with my usual coughing fit (happens about twice a year). After that, apparently my coughing is causing my sinuses to act up. My face starts hurting with a dull pain every time I cough.

I hope this only lasts a couple days.
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:47 am

Gaining a little weight is annoying. I am still okay with my diet(had a little too much chocolate at Easter) but this will put me back slightly. Grr...
:derek: TPR's resident ent!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:31 pm

GAHH!! My sister can be such a brat sometimes! She thinks every time I let her have something (to use for a time), it means i've given it to her forever! She's done this with so many things of mine!
When I went off to college the first time (I ended up coming back to the CC later), I left a lot of my clothes home so I'd have something to wear on breaks, and so I wouldn't have to take everything with me. She thought that gave her permission to raid my closet when I was gone, and wear a lot of the clothes. Many she didn't give back to me until a year+ later when the clothes didn't fit me anymore and I had to give them to her anyway.

Now, she just freaked out at me because I asked for this CD back that I had bought in Jr. High. I let her use it for a long time because I had an iPod and she didn't. Now, we both have iPods but I generally listen to CDs in my car. According to her, it was Dad's CD and he gave it to her, but this is untrue. He didn't even like the bands on the CD until I got into them and shared it with him. Even if he told her she could have it, that doesn't take away the fact that the CD was mine in the first place and I want it back. I've been too lenient with lending out my CDs and now they've been spread across the winds for years and I'm trying to get them all back so I can keep them in one place.

If it were just one CD I probably wouldn't care as much, but she's done the same thing with a TON of stuff of mine. She still has my iHome that my ex gave me and I'm probably never going to get it back. Plus, she won't even let me BORROW anything of hers and hardly ever lets me use her stuff even once like her hair products, and perfumes and all. She would never let me borrow any of her clothes, but she uses my clothes all the time.

Sometimes I don't care, but sometimes (like this) it's really frustrating and makes me not want to lend her anything!
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Zack44 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Coasterfanatics.com needs a serious overhaul.

For instance, it needs to be updated in terms of what coasters are open. I still don't have an official Green Lantern credit because thay haven't updated it, so I had to add Chang to my ridelist. Also, I forgot my password and I've literally tried a dozen times to get a new password sent to me through e-mail but no e-mail has arrived at all!
http://www.coastercounter.com/nbadude44

Finally hit the big 1-0-0!

Postby cal1br3tto » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:50 pm

^I could've written almost the same post. It's not just about keeping track of my count, as I also do that elsewhere. I'm at times fascinated by the unique features of the site. But sadly, I've counted at least three coasters in locations other than the places I've ridden them, and yes, "Chang" is one of them. Still more I am unable to count at all.

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:44 pm

CF seems to be going down a lot lately also. Hopefully everything will eventually be sorted out.
Steel: 141 | Wood: 41 | Total: 182

Last Coaster Ridden: Dragon Challenge: Chinese Fireball at IOA on 9/19/14

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby deguy123 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:24 pm

It seems as I get older.....I can't deal with fake people OR people who contradict themselves...END RANT :-)

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby simaticable » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:31 pm

There's this kid in my grade that purposely makes fun of me. He has no reason as to why he does it. He talks crap about me every time that he sees me. I have done nothing to him at all. We only have one class together, but he tries to turn everyone against me. I ignore what he says about me and continue about what I'm doing. My friends say that no one listens to him.

He thinks he's better than me because he plays football. He also thinks very highly of himself. He also threatened to beat me up. He also says that I shouldn't be talking about college because we're freshmen. My argument is that college is getting harder and more expensive to get in, and there's no better time than now to start thinking about the future. I don't even talk about school that much to begin with. I'm just annoyed by him so much that I would rather marathon on Mean Streak than deal with him.

End Rant here
We all have that one coaster that we're ashamed to ride, but we love it anyway!
Schwarzkopf was a genius; anything less makes you a moron. ;)
Admit it, Mind Bender walks circles around Skyrush!
Rule #1 of being a SFOG fanboy: Bash Ninja whenever and wherever you can.

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:41 am

^ Just ignore people like that and keep your chin up. Paying attention to them and reacting to their antics is exactly what they want, and will only drag you down in the long run. He obviously has insecurities in his own life that need justifying by constantly making fun of you. I usually feel more pity towards those type of people, more than hatred, for that exact reason.
Steel: 141 | Wood: 41 | Total: 182

Last Coaster Ridden: Dragon Challenge: Chinese Fireball at IOA on 9/19/14

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby MrSum1_55 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:18 pm

^^Last year I got in a similar situation with a guy who fed on ANY reaction from anyone else. Literally, no matter what reaction I gave, he found a way to take advantage of it. If I said something back, he liked hearing it (for obvious reasons). If I were to say nothing back, he could use the situation to make me look stupid. The only way I could win an argument was if I could make him look stupid (which I actually was able to do several times). However, he would likely be back the next day.

The end of the semester didn't result in the end of him. I finished third in my class, and, on a Facebook photo, he posted some pretty nasty comments on me not being number one. (He didn't even finish in the top 33%, that's all I know).

So, what do I do now. Well, the best thing to do is accept the fact that words are simply a generation of sound caused by vibration of vocal cords. Can vocal cords vibrating hurt you? No. So, why would you let the thoughts of an idiot get to you. Now, words don't really get to me nearly as much as they used to. Same with words generation as a result of pressing a few keys.

So, in reality, when someone is saying something really bad about you, the joke is on them. They are actually revealing weakness, while the words will, ultimately, make you a mentally stronger person.

Hope this helps
-Grant

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random