The "Rant" Thread

Vent random things that annoy you!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Site Admin

The "Rant" Thread

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:31 pm

With the world being such a bizarre, random, and annoying place, I decided to start a thread where you can post things that might happen to you every day that you need to get off your chest.

So call it the "rant" thread, "venting" thread, "peeve" thread, whatever, now you have an outlet to take out your aggressions!

I'll start!

Today I walked by a bunch of boxes in a hallway in our office all marked with the word "Basura." Now I thought to myself, if I was living and working in a spanish speaking country, I'd have to learn the word "Basura" so why is it that if they come to live and work in America, they aren't required to learn the word "Trash?"

It's just ONE WORD and it's the basis of the janitorial service that is provided here! I'm not knocking hispanics or anything (ok, well maybe I am a little bit) but it really annoys me that WE have to learn words in a different language to get decent service in our country.

I mean seriously, if I had a bunch of boxes NEXT TO MY TRASH CAN with the word "Trash" on it, the TRASH COLLECTOR doesn't take it, but if I write "Basura" on it, they do. Does this seem totally assinine to anyone else?

It just amazes me that I can travel to far off reaches of the world and have less communication problems that I do in my own backyard.

/end rant

--Robb "Sorry if this offends anyone on the boards who is hispanic, but that just annoyed me today." Alvey

Start Your Day With The Quaker Inside You!

Postby QuakerOaties » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:41 pm

Oh I need this thread all right...

What I hate is having a parent who gives you no freedom in making a choice about what major you want to study in college and thereby practically forces you to study something that will result in a boring and miserable job (but it'll "look good"). God forbid I study something that will result in a job that I'll enjoy. Sure, the pay might suck, but it is my life...

Also, I'm sick of this same parent pushing prestigious colleges on me (Mark go to Upenn! Mark go to Cornell! Mark go to Tufts!) when really I just want to go to a small liberal arts school where I can relax and not feel like I'm in a pressure cooker.

Mark "I'm almost 18. I'm almost 18. I'm almost 18" Luskus

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:45 pm

^^ Write "Mi Basura y Merda. Gracias" on the box and show the janitorial staff that you have a good sense of humor.
Ted

The search for the Ultimate Thrill!

Postby Coaster Palooza » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:46 pm

I'm tired of people DRIVING in the fast lane! The far left lane is meant for passing, or driving faster than everyone else! What is it with California that you have to pass on the right? If you aren't passing someone on your right, then get the F%$& out of that lane and let the car behind you pass. If you are driving the same speed as the person next to you, either go faster or slower to let other people get around you.

END RANT!!!! Maybe not...

It's All About Quality!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:18 pm

Finally, a place to blow off some steam. It annoys me seeing teenage girls driving while talking on their cell phones...why do it when they're behind me? What's next...are they going to put on makeup and do their hair while talking on their cell phone to their friend about their mall TR?

Secondly, it just bugs me when pedestrians take their 'right of way' to the extreme. I'm meaning, they'll be stupid enough to walk when traffic's coming right at them literally forcing a boatload of cars to stop or dramatically slowing down possibly causing an accident for us drivers. It didn't happen today but it has happened.

Lastly, I can be driving 40 mph in a 35 mph zone, yet I'm not driving "fast enough" for them. They then go around me as though I'm going too slow for them.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby 65skylark » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:58 pm

What drives me insane is the person at work who is ALWAYS happy.
And not only are they always happy, they make it there mission in life to be the one person who can cheer you up when you are not happy. We have a 55 year old bookeeper where I work who is never in a bad mood. Drives me crazy. I've got no problem with people who are generally in a good mood but no one is happy all of the time. For those of you who have seen Office Space (one of my favorite movies) it's just like the scene where Peter comes in to work after having a bad morning and the receptionist says to him "sounds like someones got a case of the mondays". That is the person I work with. Aaahhhrrr!!!!!

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby ShoubraStreet74 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:19 pm

Something that annoys me is people that abuse or look down to animals.. "Oh it's just an animal" Well I'm sure most higher animals can feel just as much pain as a human can. What's even worse is how hypocritical people can be. If it's some kind of pet, people look to it as a "member of the family" and make sure it gets all it's nutritional needs, take to a vet, and take care of it and everything. Yet, when we're talking about cows or chickens or some other non-pet animal, people don't seem to care. What really IS the difference between a dog and a cow? They're both mammals and I'm sure they both feel pain when no taken care of. Yet one is slaughtered after living a miserable life and one is taken care of. I know this is a very weird topic in a thread like this and most of you will probably disagree with me, and I'm sure I'm guilty of most of the things I mentioned above, but It's just someting I've been thinking about and doesn't make sense to me.

Full Fledged Katonga Enthusiast

Postby Scaparri » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:07 am

I'm 20 years old and I have no idea what I want to do in life. No one has ever sat me down and tried to help me figure out what I might want to do. Instead, they've always either done absolutely nothing or pushed one thing on me that I have no interest in. I feel like I'm so screwed right now because I have no idea what I want to do in life, I'm at a school that I don't really want to be at (in my hometown), and I have a low gpa which makes it difficult to leave. I'm really a bit miserable right now but I'm not really sure where I would like to go, or if I'll even get in there. The real trouble though is that I don't know what I want to do. I'm going to start losing a lot of money soon because I'm a sophomore and I'm still switchin' majors. That's just my problem right there. I'm too money focused, as much as I hate to be. I'm not exactly poor, but I'm by no means well off. Ever since my parents split, they've kinda struggled to make ends meet. Well, one of them has. Since I've always struggled to get the things that I have or want to do, I'm to focused on making lots of money and being able to support children (but not spoil), family, and self. I'm not talkin' filthy rich, but not having to worry about payin' the bills. Livin' comfortably. Having a nice car, a nice house, taking yearly vacations, stuff like that. I know this all sounds shallow and thats what I hate. But for some reason, I can't get it out of my head long enough to find something that I really want to do. I never aspired to have a real career when I was younger. Until I figure out what I really want to do, it's going to be hard to pick a school that is good for me that I'll enjoy and be really successful at. OK, so yeah, I'm not exactly mad about anything. Just really confused and frustrated.

I feel your pain QuakerOaties.

TPR's Olden Goldie

Postby ebl » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:27 am

Ah, "The Peeve Thread." These are good, which is why I started the one on site banned.

My peeve, as expressed about a million-ty thousand times...TAILGATERS! Why do people have to drive three feet behind me at 65mph on the freeway?!? If I have to stop, then there's no room for error and you can guess what happens next.

And I don't drive in the number 1 lane for that reason.

Eric
My Honda will run ringz around your Saturn.

Coaster Berry

Postby coasters 4 me » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:15 am

Vending Machines. I hate them. They always eat your money. I was at the swimming pool last night and one ate my money. I went to the desk and they didnt do anything. I was really annoyed. And when you kick it to try and get it back, the alarm goes of.

Next

Return to Random, Random, Random