TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

I keep those alerts disabled, religiously. I did get some recently on a landline(!). Those were for the infamous Water Crisis, which I have given up talking about due to the flood of plot twists and drama. At least now I’m in a different town...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm tired of not being able to walk.

yes, yes, I know I made it worse, by taking pain pills and walking on it for 4 days after it happened. . but sheeh, I'm ready to be walking without a cane already dang it!

^ Geez Bert that's awful for you. It does make me ask you how the arm is, now?

Since you pulled something during our first Dragster ride? Hope it's well now,

so you can cope with "what's new in pain", lol.

Sending good healing thoughts to and for you.

SqueezyHugs.jpg.ca56d6e1cee724b312e46925d4fb1ce2.jpg

thanks Bill,

yeah, that was a rotator cuff tear, and officially diagnosed as "Frozen Shoulder"

I'm still not 100%, and might never be on that. but just over a year later, about 85% movement back in that shoulder/arm.

THIS fun one is a severely bruised Quadriceps muscles and slight tear in my right leg. Staying off it for the last 10 days or so, has greatly improved it. . . at least I can walk now.

I've probably got 65-70% of the movement back (tho still can't really bend my knee very far due to the strain on the muscle), but at least all the swelling has gone down due to a week + of elevation, Ice, and Ibuprofen.

starting to do very slight PT this week to try to get the elasticity back in the muscle, but it's been improving every day, so that's good.

My thoughts are going out to those in India, who have experienced the worst flooding in a century.

Over 300+ have been lost to the floods, and around 70-80,000 separated from their homes, now lost to the floods.

P.S. This isn't exactly the thread I wanted to put this in. But it's one of those "where do I put it?" kind of posts.

And I really don't wanted to see a "Sadness Thread" in this site. That would be too depressing for anyone to read.

Our cat caught a baby mouse, I got it away from her, but the only thing I/we

can do right now, is keep it safe from Stella, and let it pass away in peace.

EDIT!!! Mousie's still alive!!! I got some soy milk powder to whip up a bit of

nourishment for it, and hope it gets better from today.

I've watched all kinds of human suffering and it doesn't really phase me, but it tears me up when I see animals dead or dying. My very worst day on the job was pulling up to a dead dog in the road with his crippled buddy laying nearby. Both had been struck by a car. I sat with the dog petting him for a half hour while he passed. He groaned and cried whenever I would stop petting him. Still makes me really sad. Sorry if I depressed anyone. I hope your mouse pulled through.

thanks Bill,

yeah, that was a rotator cuff tear, and officially diagnosed as "Frozen Shoulder"

I'm still not 100%, and might never be on that. but just over a year later, about 85% movement back in that shoulder/arm.

THIS fun one is a severely bruised Quadriceps muscles and slight tear in my right leg. Staying off it for the last 10 days or so, has greatly improved it. . . at least I can walk now.

I've probably got 65-70% of the movement back (tho still can't really bend my knee very far due to the strain on the muscle), but at least all the swelling has gone down due to a week + of elevation, Ice, and Ibuprofen.

starting to do very slight PT this week to try to get the elasticity back in the muscle, but it's been improving every day, so that's good.

Damn, Bert. Get well soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard on the radio: Calgary, Alberta is trying a driverless shuttle, between the zoo and another spot (aquarium, I believe?).

Now, everybody is watching for it's success and/or failure, during a one month's trial period. The naysayers, however, are bemoaning

the fact, that if this is successful, it will probably take away additional City Revenue gotten with "parking & speeding tickets..."

WTF??? Didn't know they were depending on drivers being bad drivers, so much. Idiots.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***

And Bert? ^ QUIT FALLING APART inside your body! You're too young to be going through all this physical crap!

#HealingThoughts

• 2 weeks later...

Flew Frontier to Orlando because A. my friend who was supposed to book my flights for me (promised me she would) kept procrastinating and the better flight increased in price and B. they were really cheap. Got to Orlando no problem and had a great time! Return flight was 7am landing around 9am in Cincy. I had school at 1:15pm and work after that so I figured no problem, I have lots of time.

First we get in the plane and wait an ungodly amount of time and clearly there is an issue they aren't telling us. They ask me if I want to move up seats, so I go from 16 middle seat to 5 a row to myself. I'm feeling pretty good for a little while but we're still not going anywhere. Then they tell us there is some minor maintenance issue and they're just waiting for a mechanic. Eventually it is taking so long they say we can go off the plane and get food and use the bathroom, and we can leave our stuff if we want.

After a while of waiting out in the lobby again, they tell us to go get our stuff. Not even 20 minutes later they start boarding again, so we go back in. This time, the plane actually backs up and starts driving off. Seems promising, until we turn into some random plane parking lot and just sit there for an ungodly amount of time with no word from the captain. Finally, he tells us that another maintenance light came on and it's more serious, so we have to go back. Again, we sit there for an awful amount of time with no word, and some people leave and they tell them they won't get to board again. So we're like "wtf, are we being held hostage?" Finally, the captain admits to us that the radar is broken and we wouldn't be able to fly if there is any bad weather, which LOL we're flying from Florida to Ohio so we're f*cked.

They let us off the plane and I get some food and go back to wait longer and then they let everyone off the plane (a 2nd time). This time, they actually cancel the flight. Next flight is 7pm and there are only 30 seats left. 7am flight is booked so I'm pretty sure if you don't nab one of the 30 seats quick you're f*cked into flying at 7pm tomorrow. Ain't nobody got time for that! I thankfully got the 7pm flight but damn, I am not happy right now.

I've learned: 1) don't trust procrastinating friends, you can only trust yourself and 2) I'll think twice before flying Frontier again!

• 1 month later...

I think this can happen with any airline. When we came home from our honeymoon we flew Delta. Our flight from LA was delayed by two hours, so we missed our Delta flight, along with about 20 other people. They put us up in a hotel so we could fly out at like 6am, with a flight that had another connection.

We flew American when we were on our way to Norfolk and our connection was in DC. We sat around for 3 hours waiting for a maintenance issue to be fixed, only to have our flight cancelled for the next day. We were put up in a hotel at 11pm, and had to be up at 430. We ended up just getting a car and driving to BGW, which was our original plan.

Our lesson learned was - less flights - less opportunity to get f*cked over. Whenever humanly possible we only fly direct. If we can fly direct and have to fly 4-5 hours to our final destination we also take that option. When you factor in layover time, flight time, time to de-plane, and luggage pickup time, we're usually only in the car for a couple extra hours, if that.

A Canadian woman, of a couple in Thailand, have just been arrested there, for defacing an ancient gate.

Proof is video on-cam of the pair actually doing the degredation, with spray paint.

Now, everybody is begging for their merciful treatment, blah blah blah.

Like they were children, who had no idea what they were doing....

They knew what they were doing, and they got caught doing it, in a foreign country. Simple.

Any actual, smart, questions out there?

EDIT: Actually, if they get her out of this, I'd say she'd be GROUNDED for several YEARS?

• 3 weeks later...

Good riddance to a A-HOLE who shot up a country western bar in CA, last night.

Took his own life. Fine by me.

Healing thoughts to those and their loved ones who survived,

and those loved ones, close to the ones who didn't make it.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't call this a rant by any means, but honestly I had no idea where to put this, and this thread is the best place to put it, I'd say.

Long story short, my dad got a new job. My family's moving to Atlanta. I'm not sad or anything like that, not much should change for us; the only major difference is the city. Moving schools isn't a big problem for me, I can adapt easily. Since we're only like about a four hour drive from Orlando, we might still keep our Disney and SeaWorld passes, which is a cool bonus. Just... it's weird. I've never lived outside of Florida before. I was born in Fort Myers, moved to Tampa when I was like six months old, and I've stayed here ever since. Having to change that just feels off, y'know? I'm really excited, but at the same time, I'm not. Again, it's weird.