The "Rant" Thread

Vent random things that annoy you!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
What's with the donkeys anyway?

Re: The "Rant" Thread

Postby Legocraft » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:40 am

I HATE how much roller coasters are based on subjective opinions but everyone treats their own opinions as fact! If my favorite roller coaster is Mean streak (It isn't) people are going to say I'm wrong or crazy, or if I don't enjoy The beast (I hate it) other enthusiasts are going to talk about how wrong my opinion is.
Is that a banshee screaming? Oh wait that's me...

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:59 pm

DoinItForTheFame wrote:I swear to got, some days I just want to punch my partner in the face!! (Not that I would. I don't believe in an abusive relationship, and his face is way to beautiful to mess up) anyway... He thinks "Oh, if I'm a few minutes late (and by a few he means 10-20 minutes) it doesn't matter." Mind you, I'm the one who is always 15 minutes early for everything. Ugh. So people. #SMH

With my David, he does it in the grocery store, by "wandering around" too much,
so I have to wait in an aisle, for him to come back and for us to resume shopping.

Drives me nuts! And yes, he's also not very punctual, unless his (literal) life depends on it,
which means usually somebody else has "set the rules," LOL.

Oh well, the dumb bastard loves me, so what can I do, hmm? ;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:12 pm

Legocraft wrote:I HATE how much roller coasters are based on subjective opinions but everyone treats their own opinions as fact! If my favorite roller coaster is Mean streak (It isn't) people are going to say I'm wrong or crazy, or if I don't enjoy The beast (I hate it) other enthusiasts are going to talk about how wrong my opinion is.

It bothers you, because you care about what people think, because you're 12... You'll get over it in another 12 years. It will still be the same, but you won't care.

Postby viking86 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:45 pm

Two weeks of vacation are done, and I'm going back to work tomorrow. I am sooooooooo not looking forward to go through hundreds of unread e-mails tomorrow morning...

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:40 pm

^ I understand your pain. After two great weeks, where you really wanted to be, to come back to work is not a great feeling, for a lot of jobs.
My rant, is that this past trip to Cedar Point (finally, after years and years of knowing about it all), and it was only one week from start to finish, is my last planned trip until (gulp) 2019, where I have planned 2 trips to Disney and Knott's. One is for the Boysenberry Festival (April) with my David. The other is in Sept. for a hopeful repeat of West Coast Bash, AND the new Star Wars Land, recently opened that past summer.

:airtime: :airtimer: :airtime: :airtimer: :airtime:

It's a long wait, and I hope I'll be able to get over whatever angst I have about traveling somewhere else, in the U.S.A. before then.

But for now, it's a rant. Definitely. A RANT. :x

EDIT: New Hope for 2018! See http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75145 :airtime:
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:10 pm.

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:53 pm

I am weak. Roommates have it too cold in the apartment, and it's too humid outside. Please don't let me die this weekend. :-?
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:53 pm

This is My Big Rant.

I always wondered, if France had won The Battle, that defined what Canada would be in the future, language wise,
culture wise, etc. With "Ontario" as The Only English Speaking Province in The Country. What if, hmm?
Then the USofHEY would have to deal with us, like Mexico. In another language. But it's us. CANADA. And I believe
that we would still be The Same Canadian Power that the USA NEEDS of us. But having a different language to
bargain is, is some kind of advantage in my books. When it comes to the U.S.ofHey!

It's politics. And its a rant. It's My Rant. And I still love the USA! And everything it offers everybody. Locals and visitors alike.

Postby viking86 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:04 pm

It's 11 PM and somewhere in my neighborhood there's someone still doing some sort of construction work! :angry:

I am stupid.

Postby I love pie » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:00 am

Man I have to take a class I took last school year this school year (no I didn't fail it). This sucks

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:11 am

Every night, it takes me for - e - ver to get to sleep. And when I finally get to sleep, really early in the morning (thankfully I don't go to work anymore), the damned construction work starts, across the street from us on the new townhouse complex that's going up, after what? Nearly 40 years as an empty building. It was all torn down , basement dug, foundation being poured in, and the &*%@!^&( machines are F-ING NOISY!!!

The only really good thing out of all this, is they take at least 1/2 hour breaks, and are (usually) finished by 3 or so in the afternoon.
And no work on the weekends. But still...

My sleep is still f-ed most nights. I can take "sleeping aids" like a pill or gel cap. But I don't want to start depending on those. :(

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random