TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Top five things you'd do with a Time Machine

So I was thinking about what I would do if I had a time machine this morning, and I thought, "This would make a good random post on TPR".

So assuming you have a time machine, and there were no repercussions about visiting the past or the future as long as you didn't drastically change anything, what would you do? Try to keep it clean, since this is a family site. 8) Here's my list:

5. Check out who built the Sphinx and the Pyramids of Egypt

4. See if Jesus really existed and if he actually was the messiah, or just a regular guy with really good public speaking skills

3. Go 20 years into the future to see what the world will possibly be like when I'm 50 (only 20 years... argh! )

2. Go 300 years into the future to see if we're still even here, and if the world is like Star Trek or Firefly

1. Visit Disneyland in 1955 (yes, I'm a Disney geek)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Unfortunately I think that would be drastically changing something.

5. Go into the future and see if we have finally killed ourselves.

4. Visit Disneyland every year of operation prior to 1990. (I already visited every year after 1990)

3. Like Justin, go back to Egypt to see the Aliens building the Pyramids

2. Go back and check out Adam and Eve. Being the first woman I'll be Eve was a hottie.

1. Go back 2 weeks ago with the MEGA-Millions lotto numbers in hand and buy a ticket. Win $170 million.

Would do one thing only...

go into the future (first friday that comes next)

Check out the lottery numbers

Come back

Fill out the winning numbers and wait for the Friday to come...

The rest I'll by with my winnings. whahahahaha

1. Go back in time and TRY to stop 9/11.

2. Go about 10 years forward and see which parks got what.

3. Definately go back to Egypt like Gregg and Justin!

4. Go forward a million years and see what everything looks like.

5. Go forward an hour and eat lunch. I'm starving!

Gregg, you can't get the lotto numbers and win, and coasterdude, you can't stop 9/11. That's drastically changing something. You could mess up the space-time continuum and disrupt all matter in the universe.

Ok, I've been watching too many episodes of Star Trek.

Seriously though, I have no idea where I came up with this idea. I guess I should travel back in time and ask myself why I thought of this...

Justin

5. Go back to the 70's and invest a hefty deal in Microsoft.

4. Go back pretty fast and watch all of everything happen in reverse till I eventually got to see how it all REALLY happened.

3. Go back to the 60's and 70's to see a few bands play!

2. Go back and correct a few of my own personal mistakes.

1. Bring Jesus back to the present so he could yell at all of his followers... in Hebrew!

This is a great thread!

But it's also really hard! I've been thinking a lot and I just can't come up with what I'd REALLY want to do...

Ok, I will post some stuff here, but am reserving the right to edit my list later!

1. Check out the Dinosaurs

2. Go at least 100 years into the future to see 'wassup'.

3. Find someway to make money that wouldn't 'mess up the space time continum'.

4. Find out who really discovered America first.

5. Check out that night when the whole Area 51 conspiracy started!

This is a very tough question, so i will just throw some random thoughts out there.

1. Go back to Palo Alto (1975) and join the homebrew computer club

2. Stand in front of the Dakota apartments (12.8.80) and wait to push Yoko in front of John

3. Travel back to 1959 and fix the heater on Buddy Holly's tourbus.

4. Go back to November 5th, 1955

5. Go back to September 8th, 1997 and register the domain "themeparkreview.com"

Really, anything you do messes up the space time continuum. I think about this alot when I'm bored. Say, you go back just a week ago and instead of going to McDonalds you go to Taco Bell. Think of all things that little shift changes: traffic patterns, waits in lines, etc. and how it affects other people's days and what they're doing.

It's the whole butterfly and hurricane thing.

1. Go back to the day I was born, genetically modify me.

2. Assasinate the popular kids on thier day of birth.

3. Go back to 1940 something, ride the original Crystal Beach Cyclone.

4. Go forward to the year 3000, to see whether or not it would be like Futurama.

(said before)

5. Go back to when Wal-Mart was first starting, invest in 5000 shares of Wal-Mart.

All of the things you're coming up with are great ideas, but you can't drastically change anything! No pushing Yoko ahead of John, no getting lottery tickets with the winning numbers, no assasinating the popular kids at school (and seriously, you need to speak to someone about your feelings, sounds to me like you've got some issues... )

Keep them coming!

Justin

This is an awesome topic. My picks:

1 - Check out dinosaurs

2 - Visit Roswell, NM, on that fateful day...

3 - Go into the future until I see flying cars

4 - Go see some bands I missed (Original Genesis lineup, Queen)

5 - Go back to June 2001 and get video footage of Robb and Walt crashing tubs on the flyers at Knoebel's! Trust me, this is something that should have been captured on video (runner up here would be getting Joey's near death experience at Toverland on tape!)

dt

This is a great thread!

1) Go back to the day the earth was created!

2) I would like to visit the year 10000!

3) I would like to go back and pick the wining numbers for the Big Game when the Jackpot was 250 million!

4) Check out the dinosaurs!

5) See what I will be doing in 15-30 years!

-Travel until i reach the LAST coaster ever made on the earth.

-Check out the year 3000.

-Go to the frist day this forum was created, then be the third person to join.

-Travel to the night of Chernoybl (not sure how to spell)

-Travel ahead and see if getting good grades will pay off.

Actually I have to lean in the "getting lotto numbers doesn't change anything" theory. If someone were to go into the future and obtain the numbers, then return to present time with the information, they're influencing the PRESENT and the POSSIBLE future, but they're not jiggling the past at all. The potential future timeline is now skewed (which, I guess, is actually influencing the past of the future, but since the future hasn't theoretical happened yet, his actions in the present only mean that there are now two possible futures and...

Aw crap. Just watch the opening five minutes of Slacker. You'll see where I'm going.

(look, it worked in BTTF 2, and that should be the film that all time travel technology should be based around anyways).

1.Get the Crystal Beach Cyclone credit.

2.Go into the future when I have enough money to go on a Europe U.S.A Japan Coaster trip.

3.Stop Knotts from tearing down the Parachute Jump!

4.Invent the internet before Bill Gates did.

5.Stop RCCA and Togo from pairing up and building a monster called White Canyon.

Kevin"Togo honestly was involved in the making of White Canyon!"Bujold

Wow, I'm not too sure what I'd do. Hmm....

1. Since we're talking about time travel, go back and stop Back To The Future III from being made.

2. Pitch the idea of putting ads on supermarket grocery belt dividers before whoever actually came up with the idea does.

3. Go back to the mid 60s and get some of those 'cool' woodie credits - Idora Wildcat, original Mr. Twister, Playland's Rocket, etc, etc....

4. Let Kevin Smith know that Jersey Girl really isn't a great idea.

5. Get the sports almanac before Biff does.