TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is your first memory?

What is your first memory?

Or

When did you become self-aware?

For me, i was about 5 yrs old. I was riding a big wheel in front of the house during the Indy 500. I stopped riding for a second, looked around, and realized i was alive. Yeah, i know it sounds odd, but before that, i have no memory of anything. My older sisters said nothing traumatic ever happened to me or anything.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when I was 2, a gigantic spider (as big as your hand) was running straight for me and my mum stamped on it. (Hope this doesn't sound too cruel, but she is scared to death of spiders). Lots of little baby spiders then ran from its body. This incident totally affected me and now I am absolutely petrified of spiders. This very morning, I had to get Simon to get rid of one that was in the bath. (It was huge). I can't walk into a room without checking the walls and ceiling. And I do react very badly when I see one. Usually I feel faint, sick and get very upset.

So, you can safely say that my first memory was a bad one! I always wonder if my life would have turned out differently if I hadn't remembered it!

my earliest memory I can recall happend when I was two. It wasn't really traumatic or anything, but my sister and I were put into day care at the Copper Mountain Resort over in Colorado. We were put there while the parents skiied, anyway, due to the age difference between my sister and I, we had to be seperated. I didn't want to be seperated from my sister so I can remember running to the smaller room that she was in, trying to get the door open, getting in and staying with her. The employees kept having to bring me back to my age group, but I didn't allow it and kept running back to my sister. So they finally gave up and let me stay with her.

It's funny, because I remember it so clearly, every little bit of detail, I remember playing with a toy stove with the plastic hot dogs, I remember standing on this little plastic tree house in the room my sister was in while the lady vaccumed.

My earliest memory is probably one of my funniest as well. I was two and I was running around the house in nothing but a diaper while carrying a pack of Huggies. Maybe the reason why I was doing it was probably me imitating kids on diaper commercials and I was hoping I would be famous. I don't remember what happens afterwards, but thats as far as I can think back.

Interesting topic. My first memory was from age 2. I was at this strange cat lady's house with my parents picking out our pet cat. I remember cats everywhere! I picked out the cutest siamese kitten and we named her Jezabel (Jezz for short). She gave me such happiness for 16 years, and then she died. I really miss her still. Anyway, I love having such a wonderful memory as my first one.

-kip-

Honestly, I don't know...what I could have remembered in the past could have even been a dream and I wouldn't have known it, so the earliest thing I can remember was when I was probably 2, waking up in the morning hearing Atari 2600 sfx and people getting angered from losing.

I'm trying to think of something, but most of the crap I remember came after I was like 6 or so.........all the new junk I learned in school pushed my childhood out!

I remember pre-school when I was about 4, that's about the furthest back I can go. Lots of cool and funny stuff though, guess it's from growing up in the 80's. 8)

When I was maybe 2 or 3 and my parents would take a shower or leave me alone for a while, I'd always push one of the chairs in the kitchen over to the closet, then stand on it, take the bag of "Chips Ahoy" out and basically eat the whole thing. Then my dad (who constantly picks food) got pissed and wondered where the cookies were; and ran around the house trying to find where I put the empty bag...As obnoxious as it sounds, I'm NOT lying! I'm surprised I wasn't an overweight toddler, because I did that a lot!

--Oh yeah, and I constantly had ear aches as a toddler and I remember one night laying on the couch and my mom got me Lion King stuffed animals...lol.

The farthest I could think back was......mmmmmm........About 3 years old when i was playing with a tonka truck and i hit a chair with that big metal truck.Then the chair hit the table and a glass fell on my right big toe and I had to get stitches.

I'm still 15 and I can't remember anything from back when I was 2 or 3 years old. But I do remember a time when I was 4. I was jumping on the couch wanting to see how high I could get jumping. Then I must have taken a bad jump and I fell over to the side and hit a coffee table head first. It turned out I had split open part of my forehead, just a few centimeters above my left eye. That turned out to be the only slight major injury I have had in my life.

When I get older, I don't want to be on a forum sharing memorys of me breaking an arm.

I can remember my fourth birthday (got a talking teddy bear, a radio, and some other things). My mother also told me about going to Australia at a young age (probably 2 or 3), but I remember little more than getting onto and off of the aeroplane.

I remember going to some meeting or whatever and a guy up on stage suddenly whipped out this stick that was burning. All I remember him saying was, "Ladies and gentlemen...I give you...FIRE!" Everyone there gasped in amazement at this new discovery. Now they could heat their homes, cook meals...

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Time to breathe new life into this thread....

I know it's hard to believe, but my earliest memory is when I was less than a year old :shock: !! I remember sitting on my father's lap at this mini-golf course not far from my house, sucking on this rubbery thing with a yellow-ring top. For some reason, though, I remember everything in bubble-vision.

....^ lol hahahahaha, bubble vision? Oh well, my earliest memory is I guess when I was around 4, and The Lion King had just come out on video. Well it was on the bookshelf and I wanted to watch it. My parents were out of the room at that time, so I decided to climb to the top to get the movie. Not a good idea since the top of the bookshelf isn't attached to the base. Well I got up there, and the thing fell over on top of me, with both of my legs and both of my arms sticking out from under the bookshelf. Hahahaha, Dad tells me he thought I was dead, I bet it was a sight though.

• 11 years later...

My oldest memory that I can definitely connect to a certain time is/was vague memories of my mother being pregnant with my brother.I'm almost 3 years older than him-old enough to remember my mother "going thru the stages" but not old enough to fully understand what was happening.