Last concert you attended?

Yes, nerdom has reached a whole new level...
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Re: Last concert you attended?

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:35 am

Polo & Pan last night at Lincoln Hall.

Big weekend in Chicago with Taste of Randolph (@Ed Farmer where ya at?)

Wax Tailor tonight, Slenderbodies tomorrow, Monakr and Everything Everything on Sunday.

Plus going back to Lincoln Hall tomorrow night for Peking Duk.
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:22 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:Polo & Pan last night at Lincoln Hall.

Big weekend in Chicago with Taste of Randolph (@Ed Farmer where ya at?)

Wax Tailor tonight, Slenderbodies tomorrow, Monakr and Everything Everything on Sunday.

Plus going back to Lincoln Hall tomorrow night for Peking Duk.

Ahhh, I wish, haha. I thought my last weekend was packed, but that is an impressive itinerary. Looks like a blast- hope you have fun.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Blind Idiot God » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:21 am

Devastation on the Nation over near Albany last Friday. It was definitely worth the long drive that was made while I was quite sick.

Signs of the Swarm: Well, they kept Dave Simonich and made him full-time, so that's a plus right there. They were also even tighter this time around and started things off with a good, solid, heavy set. One of a VERY small handful of deathcore acts that I enjoy.
Venom Prison: Surprise of the night. They were a decent blend of old and new styles, and Larissa's stage presence and vocal performance were particularly on point. "Frenzied" would be a good way to describe it.
Arkaik: Got a soft spot because they're my buddies (and also because I brought them food), but they always put on a great show and the new lineup (well, new-ish, since Nate and Cris were in the last time I saw them) was on point.
Disentomb: Nothing special to report, just a good, tight, energetic set with a particularly great performance from Jordan (and some hilarious stage banter made even better by his thick "fukken Straya m8" accent).
Ingested: Band of the night. I've seen them three times with three different vocalists, and I gotta say, Jason Keyser was the best out of the three. Dude's one of the best frontmen around and he really added something extra to their set. Their sound DID wash out for about twenty seconds and I'm quite willing to blame it on all those bass drops overwhelming the house sound setup.
Psycroptic: Sat out a good deal of their set because I'm really not a fan of anything after Symbols of Failure, but I did catch The Colour of Sleep because I do have a deep love for old Psycroptic, and the Haley brothers are always worth watching because I really can't think of many musicians who are tighter than those two.
Aborted: What can I say? They always bring it. They'd be worth watching just for Ken's inhuman drumming, but they're also one of the tightest and most fun live acts around in general.

X > X2

Postby X2coasterfreak » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:34 am

I saw Prophets of Rage play at Gröna Lund on the 26th. I had no idea they were playing at the park that day, so seeing Tom Morello shred live was a huge surprise to end my coaster trip! Moshing to Killing in the Name is for sure a highlight of my life.
Credit Count: 393
322 Steel 71 Wood

Intimidator 305/Skyrush/Maverick/Expedition GeForce/Fury 325
Lightning Rod/Outlaw Run/Phoenix/El Toro/Wildfire

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:00 pm

Saw Radiohead at United Center last night.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:44 am

Fantastic set last night from Das Ich. . including a wonderful political speech from Bruno during the show (seriously, taking about how scary things are and that they are reminding him of the way things used to be in Germany, and how the Goth/Industrial community needs to fight back and embrace the differences). . it was really good!

I'll post some pics from the set (only Texas date on the tour), when I get them uploaded later.

but meanwhile .. me and Bruno after the show :)

Edit to add a few photos from last night's show
IMG_4445.JPG
IMG_4383.JPG
IMG_4391.JPG
IMG_4397.JPG
IMG_4410.JPG
IMG_4417.JPG
IMG_4419.JPG
IMG_4421.JPG
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Philrad71 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:59 pm

Michael had pre-purchased tickets months ago to see Beck at the Albright Knox art museum in Buffalo. Given that it was a sold out show and I found out that he paid an excruciatingly high price (found on his credit card statement after he passed), I knew that he would have still wanted me to go.

So my friend Tim drove us out there on Monday night and despite the fact that we had a one hour rain/storm delay, the show went on and it was awesome!

Even though Beck has been around forever, he brought his A-game and provided a really wonderful, high energy show! Highly recommend checking him out if you get the chance.

Postby bert425 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:29 pm

Philrad71 wrote:Michael had pre-purchased tickets months ago to see Beck at the Albright Knox art museum in Buffalo. Given that it was a sold out show and I found out that he paid an excruciatingly high price (found on his credit card statement after he passed), I knew that he would have still wanted me to go.

So my friend Tim drove us out there on Monday night and despite the fact that we had a one hour rain/storm delay, the show went on and it was awesome!

Even though Beck has been around forever, he brought his A-game and provided a really wonderful, high energy show! Highly recommend checking him out if you get the chance.

what a lovely thing to do in his honor.

so glad you went!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby ajc47 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:55 pm

Armored Saint tonight here in Cleveland.

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:05 pm

bert425 wrote:
Philrad71 wrote:Michael had pre-purchased tickets months ago to see Beck at the Albright Knox art museum in Buffalo. Given that it was a sold out show and I found out that he paid an excruciatingly high price (found on his credit card statement after he passed), I knew that he would have still wanted me to go.

what a lovely thing to do in his honor.

so glad you went!

When Beck came out and did his encore, tears were rolling down my face because I wanted Michael with me there so badly. People probably thought that I was crazy, but I didn't care at the time. :cry:

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random