Movies, Movies, Movies.....

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Re: Movies, Movies, Movies.....

Postby RCT3Bross » Sat May 26, 2018 6:49 am

I saw Solo a few days ago. It was fun I liked it, but completely felt unnecessary. I wasn't be biggest fan of the idea that we got a movie about Han Solo, I don't want movies to focus on a character we already know well enough. I heard we maybe getting a Bobba Fett movie and I hope it's a bounty hunter movie featuring Bobba in a bigger role. Hell I loved how Bail and Mon where used in Rogue One, Glad to see Tarkin and Leia brought back as it all made sense but it was it's own story. So I went in with low expectations which where easily met. There Where things I wasn't a big fan off, but overall I enjoyed myself and that was all I cared for. And at the end I fell nearly out of my chair seeing someone I never expected to see (again) in a movie, It made sense to me and at that moment I was like: "Whaaaat." But basically that was the only thing I will remember from that movie to be honest. If your eager to watch "the" next Star Wars adventure this will not provide it, but it was worth my time and I think that's good enough.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Alton Towers, Toverland, Thrope Park, Flamingo land, Skyline park.
2017 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Wicker Man (Alton Towers).

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby CP Maverick » Sat May 26, 2018 11:16 am

RCT3Bross wrote:I saw Solo a few days ago. It was fun I liked it, but completely felt unnecessary. I wasn't be biggest fan of the idea that we got a movie about Han Solo, I don't want movies to focus on a character we already know well enough.

I see comments like this quite a lot. It makes me wonder if Lucas had made the Han Solo movie before Episode I (like he wanted to), would the response have been as negative? Or is this backlash from too much, too soon?

Between Rogue One and Solo, these "A Star Wars Story" titles are allowing people who have only seen the Saga films insight into the universe beyond what was presented to the mass audience. I think it's a great way to push the Star Wars universe films away from the Saga and into the rest of the Far Far Away Galaxy. If they started these with "Old Republic" would the causal fans have been as interested, or is it better to gradually introduce them to these stories? I would argue that making the Han Solo movie makes more sense than making a Bobba Fett movie from the perspective of the casual movie goers.

As a side note, after The Force Awakens came out, the fans all complained that it was too similar. Then Last Jedi came out and all the fans complained that it was too different. It just tells me that the fans struggle to agree on what they expect from a Star Wars film. As a studio, you are focused on trying to make a good movie that most people will like. But with a fan base as dedicated as Star Wars, you tend to listen to their response. Unfortunately, when those fans are divided, it causes these mixed reviews which don't give the studio a clear picture of what the fans actually want.
Original Maverick '99

Postby RCT3Bross » Sat May 26, 2018 12:12 pm

CP Maverick wrote:
RCT3Bross wrote:I saw Solo a few days ago. It was fun I liked it, but completely felt unnecessary. I wasn't be biggest fan of the idea that we got a movie about Han Solo, I don't want movies to focus on a character we already know well enough.

I see comments like this quite a lot. It makes me wonder if Lucas had made the Han Solo movie before Episode I (like he wanted to), would the response have been as negative? Or is this backlash from too much, too soon?

Whit me it's definitely that ___A Star Wars story sound like a great idea to expand the universe. My hope was that we're going to get more Rogue One and less Solo type of movies. I would love a movie set years before Episode 1 and Old Republic would be enough to sell me on the movie. But I understand that Lucasfilm now want to play it more safe with the Empire time-line, I'm cool with that (even though I like to see the new Canon go anywhere else because I get the 19 year gap fatigue a little.) I just hope we don't get Kenobi a Star Wars movie. I'm sure we get a great personal story whit our hermit we all love, but I rather see Rogue Two (I know that wouldn't be the title.) About how the rebels get the plans for the second death star. Or a Clone Wars movie about a group of clones we don't know. Yes they are allowed to sneak in Rex, Cody and Ashoka Or even Mace, Yoda, Obi-wan, Greivous I don't care how big of a role they have. I just couldn't get exited about Solo.

I didn't know until about a week before I watched Solo that George Lucas came whit the idea. If they announced in 2010 that George Lucas would make one last movie about Han Solo I would have lost my cool. Another Live Action Star Wars movie after 5 years. I would just be sold on Star Wars, these days I'm no longer sold on that alone. I will keep watching yes but if you announce a slate of movies where you allow yourself to go crazy, keep pouring out events. That's my opinion.

I like to say till now I enjoy every Star Wars movies (I'm aware I'm one of the few who do.) All movies have their moment but none are flawless (Episode's 1 and 2 have the worst Star Wars moments ever and the Cantonica stuff in 8 could be on he cutting floor for all I care.) Each movie I love to re-watch and I do that a lot, till now there is one scene that is just to terrible that I can't take it seriously (Episode 2 the conversation between Anakin and Padme on Naboo after their kiss.). I can see why people hate the prequels and the Sequels. I just think the Star Wars Fandom is to diffrent for Lucasfilm to understand what we want collective. But I'm glad to watch Star Wars Celebration each time. It does not matter if Ray Parker, Mark Hamil or Daisy Ridly shows on stage people cheer. Why? Because people who come to those shows come because they already like the product, Whether that is OT, Prequel, Sequel, R1 or Solo stuff. I know people really like to see a Kenobi movie I don't, If we get it okay I'll watch it but all I care for is that the movie entertains me.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Alton Towers, Toverland, Thrope Park, Flamingo land, Skyline park.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon May 28, 2018 5:11 pm

(Sort of) SPOILER ALERT!

So in Dead Pool 2, who plays The Vanisher? :?r

Actually, I do know... but for others, I thought I'd ask.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby CaptainUnknown » Tue May 29, 2018 9:52 pm

What the hell took me so long to see A Quiet Place? Such a brilliant movie and likely to be one of my favorite films of the year.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 104 (21 wood/83 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Thu May 31, 2018 9:01 pm

Between Annihilation and Deadpool 2, I can't choose which is my favorite movie of the year so far.

I can't wait to get a proper 4K TV with HDR and a UHD blu ray player to play my 4K disc of Annihilation, I bet it's going to look insane.

Also, the official poster for "HTTYD: The Hidden World" was released today, trailer next Thursday :b

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:56 am

I saw Solo the other day, and I didn't really like it. It near the bottom of Star Wars movies for me. Jacob was so bored in it, and I was pretty bored as well. There were some good parts, but for a Star Wars movie, it seemed pretty slow.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:13 pm

I liked Solo. I thought the actor who played Han Solo did a good job and it was enjoyable. It definitely wasn't as good as the other Star Wars films though.

I really wish Star Wars would create new stories and then tie them into the main Episodes a la the Marvel movies. The Star Wars universe is expansive enough that they have enough material to give us something new. I think part of the reason Solo didn't do too well is that we all knew the story going in.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Twisted Timbers
Most Recent Trip Reports- Quassy and Lake Compounce

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby CaptainUnknown » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:05 pm

For me, Solo was meh. It existed, but barely seemed to have a reason to exist other than to fatten Disney's wallets. The marketing for the movie was meh and the only reason I saw it was because it had the Star Wars tag on it. And at the same time, I am quite curious as to what Lord and Miller's original vision for the project was before they left the film.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 104 (21 wood/83 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

Postby RCT3Bross » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:59 am

Saw Deadpool 2 yesterday, kinda late on that one. But yeah wasn't a huge fan of it. I liked the movie, I just thought it draged the good depressing part on for too long. The jokes in that time frame felt sometimes forced. I did think there were some good jokes in the movie. I don't know might be because I expected a fun version on Terminator, that didn't happen till about the 2nd act or so. I think that and the fact that the movie didn't surprise me make me feel like: "Okay, could have skipped it or not wouln'd hate myself either way."

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random