TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mmmmmmmmm... Burger.

I'll give this thread a little love.

Heading back to Minneapolis this weekend and a must stop is any of the http://redcowmn.com/ locations. The best burger I've had (21 day dry aged blend).

What do you want? Certified Angus Beef? Got it. 21 day dry aged blend? Got it. Bison? Got it. Local grass fed? Got it. Turkey? Ahi Tuna? Got 'em.

http://redcowmn.com/50th-street-menu-1/

^It isn't up here in Vancouver (pretty sure), so I'm not too worried about accidentally walking into one, lol.

006_225.jpg.943eb156074b95db2f46f0a744b02b91.jpg

Old photo from the net ~ I'm still curious what the Redneck Attitude Burger, had in it.

^

In all seriousness, I am not sure about those burgers in Bill's photo. I might try the ramen noodle burger or the mac and cheese burger, but the rest sound nasty as hell.

I have only eaten at a Fuddrucker's once and to be honest, the only thing that I remembered was that they were like fast food, but they had beer. That's the only thing I remember, so the burger that I had must have been pretty underwhelming.

Had a really great burger at a local business this past weekend. It was called The Town Drunk burger with loads of cheese, onions and a whiskey based glaze/sauce. The restaurant is called The Springs as it is located in a small town called Maple Springs.

The restaurant is actually right across the street from my hometown amusement park - Midway State Park!

As you can imagine, this wasn't a burger that you could just pick up and eat!

20180120_144909_resized.jpg.a452568f5eff4a7241b7cf82e8c4cde7.jpg

Look at all that cheese! :-o

^ They actually were done just right for steak fries, Bill.

Although I am not a huge fan of steak fries, I managed to get through the burger and about close to half of the fries before "food won". I used some of that mayo so they tasted more like Belgian-style fries!

• 4 weeks later...

^ For twenty bucks? Probably not. And it's only available at one of the Veras, on the other side of town. A bit of a drive for it.

But I thought it pretty random, that for the "Year of The Dog" they offer a lobster burger. Looked interesting.

^ Sorry it became so................................tempting, here.

JohnnyRocketsUHcitywalk.jpg.fbba72f096e0fa94fb2514e7200185e9.jpg

I love the roof sculpture, and wish it was closer to the ground, to see it better!

Future NEW Johnny Rockets, USH City Walk. Photo c/o Dusty Sage, thank you! (o:

We normally try to avoid chain restaurants, but Michael's daughter and her family bought us a $50 Applebees gift card for Christmas so we went there last night for dinner.

They had been advertising $7.99 burgers and $1 Bahama Mama's in attempt to to boom reeling sales in recent years, so I was somewhat excited to check out one of the burgers.

I had the whiskey bacon burger which is advertised as "Caramelized onions and bacon seared into an all-beef patty and topped with pepper jack cheese, crispy onions, bacon and a Fireball Whisky-infused steak sauce."

I came away pretty underwhelmed, really. Yes, there was plenty of crunchy bacon, but I could not taste the pepper jack cheese and the steak sauce tasted pretty much like barbeque sauce. The burger was actually dry and overcooked despite ordering it "pink" (they don't offer rare, medium rare or medium).

I'll stick with my diners, dives and Yelp reviews to quell my burger fix from now on. This was just too "meh" for me and stresses why we avoid chain restaurants and fast food joints.

Capture.JPG.f767f719200dc014c87a55e5f10eb030.JPG

Looks great on the menu, but tasted very underwhelming and super SALTY.

I was so underwhelmed that I didn't even bother taking a picture of mine to compare it to this one from their website. lol