[PLC] Diamond Shores

Company buys land and plans an amusement park!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

[PLC] Diamond Shores

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:36 pm

Company buys Diamond Shores beach and plans to build an amusement park!
Just yesterday, A company by the name of Funland Amusements announced that they purchased and would build their first amusement park on the land currently occupied by Diamond Shores Lake. Diamond Shores Lake, or "Diamond Shores" has been a summer destination since it was founded in 1946. While the beach has been a popular attraction, the previous owners announced they wanted to build a small boardwalk park in 1955 and started construction in 1956. Unfortunately, the budget was too tight for a small park so only a wooden roller coaster was built before the project was cancelled. The coaster has sat abandoned at the beachfront while the beach portion of Diamond Shores remained open.
20180608225944_1.jpg
Here is Diamond Shores as of now
20180608230418_1.jpg
Since the announcement yesterday, the beach has closed from the public in preparation for the construction of the new park
20180608230424_1.jpg
New Diamond Shores sign. I assume it'll replace the old one currently on the entry arch
20180608230445_1.jpg
The abandoned wooden coaster that has been sitting there for years. No one knows what the name of the coaster is. I hope they finally open this coaster once the new park opens.
20180608230528_1.jpg
Here's an overview of the park before the construction starts. I never really noticed how much land there was until this photo. I can see why the new owners chose this area for a park now. I'll update you once construction has started and progress has been made.
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Cypress Adventures

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness