[PLC] Cedar Plains

New for '96: FIREBIRD
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: [PLC] Oregon's Adventure

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:17 pm

"Little Demon" :lol: :lol: :devil:

The park is looking great. I'm looking forward to the next update. Keep up the good work!
Bigger is not always better.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Re: [PLC] Oregon's Adventure

Postby fraroc » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:23 am

Year 1993

In 1993, after two years of debate, Cedar Fair finally decided to change the name of Oregon's Adventure to coincide with it's new ownership and usher in a new era of thrills for the park, especially with the construction of Demon Force, the world's tallest and fastest looping roller coaster. Initially, the park was going to be renamed "Oregon's Great America", but was dropped in favor of "Cedar Plains", a reference to their flagship park in Ohio, Cedar Point. (The "Great America" suffix would later on be used in Cedar Fair's Tennessee location.) When Cedar Plains opens for the 1993 season, Oregon's Adventure merchandise will be sold for 90% off. A good opportunity for people to nab some retro park memorabilia!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: [PLC] Cedar Plains

Postby Platinum » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:46 pm

The parks seems to be well on its way to become a go-to thrill destination on the west coast. And Demon Force is just what the park needs to kick things off in that direction. I'm assuming Little Demon is the first step towards achieving the children's area in the park.
The park is shaping up nicely! :nina:

Postby fraroc » Tue May 01, 2018 7:14 am

Year 1993

When Cedar Plains opened for the first time under it's new name for the 1993 season, people instantaneously started flocking to the new coaster on the block, Demon Force!

Even with an efficient three-train operation, multi-hour long lines were still reported for Demon Force opening week.

Another full house about to plunge down the first drop!!

All in all, despite being the most popular attraction at Cedar Plains, reviews for Demon Force were rather mixed. The new coaster relieved large amounts of praise for its first half. The first drop and loop have received tons of praise for being forceful and thrilling and the 230 foot second drop into the abyss is widely considered to be one of the greatest elements on any coaster.

However, the second that the train traverses through the batwing inversion, is when the not-so-good part of the ride begins. Why? One word. HEADBANGING. and lots of it. Especially during the batwing and the corkscrew after the second loop.

However, the most painful part of the ride with the most headbanging happens during the very last element of the ride, the trick track. Where both sides of your head slam into the restraint in succession with one another, leaving you with a pretty intense pain on both sides of your head before the brake run.

While Demon Force has a lot of elements that are fun and exciting, some parts are very rough and a bit painful, leading to a rather polarizing coaster experience. Some people love it while others hate it. However, one can't deny the sheer popularity of the ride as it became known all throughout the country, appearing in magazines and roller coaster books everywhere.

Other rides at Cedar Plains are still getting a lot of love! A good example would be Energizer, the Schwarzkopf-built Enterprise.

Twist And Shout is closed again due to maintenance issues...While this Eyerly Roll-O-Plane is a classic, it has become rather costly to maintain...It's definitely foreseeable that this ride could get removed in the near future.

GoldRusher Express still provides a gentle, yet fun ride experience perfect for families or thrill seekers looking to mellow out!

The park's sole woodie, Forest Flyer has been getting some not-so-good feedback for being rough at times, however it still gets a lot of praise for it's high amount of airtime!

Postby fraroc » Fri May 11, 2018 7:45 am

Year 1995

As expected, Twist And Shout, Cedar Plains' Eyerly Roll-O-Plane finally bit the dust in 1994 as it had become too costly to maintain. By 1995, it could be plain to see by all that a huge plot of land has been cleared where Twist and Shout used to be.

Not only was land cleared at the former site of the flat ride, but also around the lake; nicknamed Cedar Lake, as well. What could this possibly be, a new coaster? A new flat ride package? All we can do is wait and see....

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Location: 2 hours and a border crossing from the nearest theme park, Cedar Point.

Postby TheJewelOfJool » Wed May 16, 2018 12:27 pm

I don't think it'll be a new coaster, but at the same time Planet Coaster's flat ride selection is really lacking.

Postby fraroc » Fri May 18, 2018 7:26 am

Year 1995

This past weekend, a roller coaster enthusiast caught a glimpse of some roller coaster track and a few support beams located just outside the main parking lot to Cedar Plains, confirming that the new attraction rumored for 1996 will in fact be, a steel roller coaster!

Peeking through the iron fencing, this enthusiast managed to make out the fact that the track is Bolliger & Mabillard/Giovanola's signature style track. However, there really isn't any telling on what kind of B&M is coming to Cedar Plains? Will it be a sitdown twister like Kumba? A standing coaster like Iron Wolf? Or an inverted coaster like Raptor? Only time will tell....

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Tue May 29, 2018 6:52 pm

I'm betting it is a stand up coaster. That's around the time period stand-ups were popular.
Bigger is not always better.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby hillflyer » Wed May 30, 2018 12:09 pm

So creative!

Postby fraroc » Thu May 31, 2018 6:32 am

Year 1996

By 1995, Cedar Fair had completed market research for a new roller coaster in their Corvallis, Oregon location...They had gotten into contact with the manufacturer Bolliger and Mabillard, based in Switzerland. Initially, the idea was for a small to medium-sized standing roller coaster similar to Iron Wolf or the two Vortex coasters. However, in the end, Cedar Plains thought it would be better to have a roller coaster that interacted more with the large lake at the center of the park. After seeing rides like Raptor at Cedar Point and Top Gun at Paramount's Great America, the solution was simple....

The result was FIREBIRD, a brand new B&M inverted roller coaster! At the time of it's opening, Firebird was one of larger inverted coasters with a top speed of 56mph, a height of 122 feet, a 100 foot tall drop, and a total of six inversions!

After the first drop, the train goes into the first two elements, an 89 foot tall vertical loop and an 87 foot tall immelmann loop flying over the lake!

Afterwards, the train goes straight into a 66 foot tall zero-g roll and then busts right into a 80 foot tall cobra roll element!

Unlike most other large-scale inverted coasters, there's no mid-course brake run. Meaning directly after the cobra roll, the train goes into a banked hill and then into a corkscrew, travelling through the element at a very high speed.

Finally, the train goes through a large and very forceful helix before traversing through the final brake run.

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness