TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rollercoaster Dreams (PS4/PSVR)

Sorry if there's already a topic (I searched and didn't find one). I saw this trailer a few weeks back and thought it looked interesting. It's for a new amusement park builder called Rollercoaster Dreams, coming soon to PS4. It's been announced that it will fully support PlayStation's upcoming PSVR headset. Unfortunately it does not look like it has any "official" roller coaster styles, instead opting for generic looking ones. I'll be interested to see how this fares. I want to get it, but if reviews say it is poorly implemented in VR, I may pass. I will say the trailer gets quite bizarre half-way in. It is reportedly set to release on October 13th (the same day PSVR is available).

Edit- Looking in to the developer's (Bimboosoft) history, they previously made other amusement park games such as Coaster Works for Sega Dreamcast (as well as Jet Coaster Dream 1 and 2 for Dreamcast and The Jet Coaster: Yuuenchi wo Tsukurou! for PS2 which were all Japanese releases only)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a topic about Coaster Works a while back, describing its coaster design editor as being the easiest, most fluid one out there. You can match the tendencies of manufacturers with precision not seen outside of great NL2 work, but you can do it in a fraction of the time. It looks like that four-screen design mode has been transferred to this game. The game will likely be simplistic, and like Coaster Works, the graphics seem rough around the edges. Still, I hope that it gets more eyeballs on the deep and simple editor, and that other coaster game developers take note!

Unfortunately it does not look like it has any "official" roller coaster styles, instead opting for generic looking ones.

Actually, the coasters look similar to coasters you would find in certain Asian parks (most notably, TOGO creations). Also, many of the flat rides in the game even look referenced! The

, for instance, was neat to see.

The game itself seems like a neat concept. Not much more to me than that, personally. But it does have some super small advantages that certain other modern theme park builders don't have or aren't capable of. Like, from what it seemed, fairly smooth track when building.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...