TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] New Build: Pacific Plaza

Hello guys, I have been building a new park the last few days: "Pacific Plaza."

Here are a few random shots from this something less than half finished park... it's really just getting off the ground...

I still need to do some retro-1950s finish work on this burger joint^, put something on the roof... give it some pizazz, and they do a lot of business!

What can I say- the place is a goldmine!

They sell hamburgers, fries, ice cream, drinks, shakes, and balloons... red ones so I can see at a glance how much business they are doing. *pop*

Anyway, right now I am in the middle of finishing a very high-end restaurant: "Liaison."

You can see the kitchen equipment set up there off the main dining room, no walls around the kitchen yet.^

Here is a more finished side of the restaurant, the main dining room with a magnificent view of the sea...

That is part of a resort complex that includes a shopping mall and a hotel with swimming pool hanging off the side of the hill.

And, just a few more random shots...

Still enjoying this game!

Thx

Edited by A.J.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, after three days I have the snazzy new restaurant, "Liaison" pretty much squared away...

And it needs more shrubbery and do-dads and a finish coat more or less, but is reasonably presentable...

(I need to put a planter for that fern, I can see that.^)

I told myself I wasn't going to go crazy with RCT-3 custom scenery, but this has been a worthwhile addition to the park.

Look at all those red balloons! ^

Thx

Edited by Thx1138

Love what you're doing so far, but any reason for the name Liaison? Seems like an odd name for a restaurant...

Well, I used to work at a restaurant named "Liaison" and it is a French word that also has meaning in cooking.

So, the next project down the line was to be a hotel, as upscale as the Liaison restaurant, I started with the elevator...

I wanted to get a stairwell going down around it, as tight as I could get it, and the rooms for the hotel were going to be hung off this stairwell, at first.

Now it was time to build the hotel rooms, these were going to be spacious with as much detail on the inside as I could muster with the CS I have.

I first build them on the ground^, then I copy them and put them into place one at a time onto the stairwell...

And keep adding to them...

All around with units...

And that's about where we are.

Next is to build the lobby of the hotel and add support structure to the hotel rooms so they are not merely suspended by the stairwell... but not too much support, I want to preserve a great deal of overhang on this structure.

Thx

Here are a few screens of the hotel almost finished, I'm working on adding a pool right now...

The next project for this park is a nightclub, similar to one I had built a few years ago:

Thx

• 1 month later...

I have been through several versions of the above park, three to be precise, and here is the third version.

(It's also the pic I use as a screen saver.)

I call this one "Superama" and it has a few important differences from the previous versions.

No, this is not the Hubble Deep Space Survey, it's the park from afar and one thing you can see in this pic is how large the park actually is.

About 25 times bigger than what you see in the previous pics.

This park was sort of designed to see how dense I could make things and how many people I could accommodate, hoping that the software didn't lock up at some point like a few other parks I have built that were very heavy with custom scenery.

And it topped out at 2185 peeps and still ran pretty well, that is good news.

I put the kiddie and gentle rides in the middle section of the park, with thrill rides all around.

In the distance you can see three waterfalls.

Beneath that waterfall is a large swimming pool.

I always wanted a pool with a waterfall in it and didn't know it was possible in this game.

Next I'll see how much custom scenery I can put in before it bogs the system down.

Thx