TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

March 1971

Welcome to Florida Funland! This is a new park that just opened, and I am delighted to see you are one of the first visitors!

The rides are:

Sunny's Roller: A junior roller coaster.

German Swings: Your typical wave swinger.

Kraken: An octopus ride.

Jumbo Wheel: A large ferris wheel. It delivers a great view of the park!

Minotaur: A PTC roller coaster.

Hope you enjoy it! Also, you won't be seeing much scenery. Just expect new rides and pathways.

Shot0001.jpg.59cb7f9a2efd4afa5970bd2cfc6097fc.jpg

This is a shot of Sunny's Roller and Jumbo Wheel!

Shot0003.thumb.jpg.df3a0e80c115c26e6f8c7f7b05a36eef.jpg

Here's another shot, this time of multiple rides.

Shot0002.thumb.jpg.322c38cbae42436fad3604310e0b73db.jpg

Here's Minotaur!

Shot0000.thumb.jpg.7b4602f5cf2528ccc7ff49c28a674e23.jpg

I'll end this with a shot of Jumbo Wheel, Minotaur, and Sunny's Roller. See you soon!

Edited by ThrillDude200

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad for a start.

Try adding a couple of scenery to make it nicer

Thanks for the advice. I will use it! However, I'm kinda lazy (like Garfield), so don't expect too much scenery added.

November 1971

Phase 2 has been completed! Some guests complained that the park wasn't big enough, so we decided to make 3 phases of the park from 1971 to 1972! Now the park has more rides! Just check this out:

Shot0005.thumb.jpg.c333e0861b6d7a878cbab7df9fac9a19.jpg

NEW: Paul Bunyan's Log Lifts

Shot0007.thumb.jpg.3df50d67a0487b1a4dd81fb400dec084.jpg

NEW: Parachuter (German Swings was rethemed as Pond Swinger)

Shot0006.thumb.jpg.f20775540143f0d3aef2ce969a32c21c.jpg

NEW: Merry-Go-Round

Shot0008.thumb.jpg.247fea9cc6cfa736d15222fe0c9ff3c0.jpg

There's no more new rides. I'll just rely on a shot of Minotaur's lift hill. Hope you enjoyed this photo tour!

I'm kinda lazy (like Garfield), so don't expect too much scenery added.

Just a heads up, timeline parks require a lot of effort and time to pull off properly. If you're outright acknowledging you don't want to put that effort in, it's probably not something you should be pursuing.

Not trying to be rude; I like seeing new parks and what new creators are capable of, and when they're done right, they can be really damn good. Outright stating you're going to half-@ss it gives me absolutely no assurance this will turn out at all. Given the sprawling paths with nothing on them, bleak lanscaping (seriously, why is the pond black?!), and the unbanked turns on all of your coasters, I'm sorry to say the lack of effort really shows in what you've shared.

I'm kinda lazy (like Garfield), so don't expect too much scenery added.

Just a heads up, timeline parks require a lot of effort and time to pull off properly. If you're outright acknowledging you don't want to put that effort in, it's probably not something you should be pursuing.

Not trying to be rude; I like seeing new parks and what new creators are capable of, and when they're done right, they can be really damn good. Outright stating you're going to half-@ss it gives me absolutely no assurance this will turn out at all. Given the sprawling paths with nothing on them, bleak lanscaping (seriously, why is the pond black?!), and the unbanked turns on all of your coasters, I'm sorry to say the lack of effort really shows in what you've shared.

I'm sorry for all of that. I will try to improve everything I flopped on, but it may take a while.

I am thinking that I shouldn't do this. I am losing confidence, because my laziness always dominates me.

I am thinking that I shouldn't do this. I am losing confidence, because my laziness always dominates me.

I don't want to talk you out of it entirely unless you're absolutely convinced the the park is too much to handle. Here's a couple pointers for you if you continue:

-Make your rides more "real". Look at how actual rides are built, and their common layouts and elements. If you're aiming to make a PTC woodie, actually look at how those rides are paced and how they're laid out. I know the in-game track pieces can be limiting, but you can still make something fairly reminiscent of an actual coaster from your time period. If you're having trouble, there's some great rides in the Game Exchange you can use (you may want to credit the uploader, though).

-Landscaping. Learn it. Use it. Love it. Trees, scenery, pretty much anything! Play around with the scenery in game and get comfortable with the various sets, or consider importing some custom scenery. Whatever you do, play around with the scenery and see what you can do with it! Don't leave your park bleak and empty. Add some more buildings and rides to fill in those giant voids and give your park some color and realism. Don't just go straight vanilla on everything, because it looks tacky.

-Start your park small, and then go big. Working with less at first will make theming a much less daunting task as opposed to jumping straight into the big stuff and realizing you're in way over your head. It's important to note that the majority of your work in RCT3 isn't the rides: it's developing the surrounding area into an immersive environment that actually feels like a park.

-Finish your park little by little. Focus on what needs to be spruced up and finished before you try to add more. Don't try to rush and overly expand; you'll only make everything look half-@ssed, even if you're trying to put effort in. It's acceptable to take your time. One of my projects was on and off (mostly off) for four years before I decided it was ready. More recently, I spent two weeks working on the first part of my timeline park before I shared it, and adding other parts of the park have demanded just as much time, or even more, for just two or three rides! It's a lot of time and work, but it's satisfying when it's done.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.

For all of you who are concerned, I will keep Minotaur the way it is. However, changes will come to the park next time. These include:

- More scenery

- Less empty pathways

- New rides

- New stalls

This may take a while, but all of these will be included with the new update!

You forgot a the PTC wooden family coaster, "Mini-Taur" that operated from 1971 until 1995!

That will be added in 1975. BTW, this isn't the Florida Funland from Theme Park Fanon Wiki. It's a different version of the same park.

Oh, sorry, I thought that this park was from Theme Park Fanon Wiki.

A new season is here, and Phase 3 has been completed! The park just looks so different! With the refurbishment of 1 ride and the addition of 3 rides, Florida Funland may become the #1 place for families to go to! Let's see what the new season has brought...

Shot0017.jpg.3987e1a95690cc57b6495a609669f361.jpg

Do you recall seeing the park like THIS?! It's awesome how they added trees!

Shot0018.thumb.jpg.b90b2b2618148205fb2203023952f273.jpg

Kraken is now indoors! Take that, Monster at Cedar Point!

Shot0020.jpg.0d48738ae0951b720c612527a6b2cb05.jpg

Welcome back, German Swings!

Shot0019.jpg.756b164b877363507c5eb6b126019fde.jpg

I spy a yellow balloon. See if you can find it!

Shot0023.thumb.jpg.036f0ce80ef69e40b74deb4eec8e874f.jpg

Here they are...the new rides! From left to right, their names are Mini Wheel, Rotor, and Swirler!

Hello, guys, I got some heartbreaking news.

After I took the screenshots last time, I FORGOT TO SAVE!!! This means that most of the scenery I did is GONE, and so is Swirler. Rotor and Mini Wheel are still alive, but everything else that I added last update is gone...

So, what does this come to? With a paradox like this, Florida Funland will no longer be updated. Yes. I will still work on the park in private, but I will never show you Florida Funland updates again.

My wishes for the park are gone. I am in tears. You warned me to not half-@$$ it...now I get this...

Sorry to hear about the lost scenery, but if there is one thing we do in this game, it's get busy on a new build...

Some great coaster just doesn't work out, a whole park fails... stuff happens.

I lost this rct-2 build when my old Dell died...

That was called "Miami Miracle Mile" and there is a thread on it here at TPR: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62366

But, nose to the grindstone, I took right up and started a new Miami build...

And, the first hotel I put up there was the New "Majestic"...

But I have on occasion lost a lot of time by failing to save, I've done it hundreds of times and still do on occasion.

What I tend to do, I'm so used to saving, when I enter the scenario editor, sometimes I hit "save" instead of "open" file... and it trashes the whole thing, your park becomes the initial park with nothing in it... start over from scratch...

This is why it pays to back up your park, not only by saving to your current park, but also making "back-up" saves as a separate game... and maybe a backup for that.

Thx

• 2 weeks later...