TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[PKT] Port Costa Resort

Hello, thanks for checking out my first Parkitect theme park: Port Costa Resort. PCR will include a theme park, hotels, and shopping districts. The setting is a New England beach with a boardwalk and lighthouse on the eastern edge of the park.

The first update will show you the first additions to Port Costa Resort, including Supernova and Renegade!

This park is a work in progress and will be updated as the alpha and new mods continue to update, enjoy the photos from the sneak preview...

EntryPlaza001.thumb.jpg.648f441ccb3a286188d904b8fd4773e7.jpg

PCR Entry Plaza and monorail terminal

LighthouseLanding001.thumb.jpg.38a8475b5ed23238085e2e1a60a2e323.jpg

Lighthouse Landing will feature boardwalk classic flat rides and a massive B&M Wing Coaster!

Renegade001.thumb.jpg.464b3ab192168c28235e98334846120b.jpg

An overview of the southwest corner of the theme park reveals our band new B&M Inverted Coaster: Renegade!

Renegade002.thumb.jpg.f99b659269cd7e482eda702f6c5e631c.jpg

Renegade's first drop

Renegade003.thumb.jpg.34e0add531b825bc37d9e5ceaa49ac19.jpg

After a giant Immelman maneuver, a vertical loop follows.

Renegade004.thumb.jpg.3eb6f5d9293a841d70cf857e0f922ab1.jpg

Inversion 3 is a zero-g roll over the creek and then into one of many caves and trenches.

Renegade005.thumb.jpg.8c3a1d7122095ee443087a549cfb5e33.jpg

Renegade's station and Cutback tunnels

Renegade006.thumb.jpg.63b4a89d8c0c3247142fbe6823c8ec98.jpg

MCBR's are on light... Renegade hauls!

Renegade007.thumb.jpg.becb6943e2200064b5b3868defca5842.jpg

A look at the rest of the coaster

Supernova001.thumb.jpg.3a0004987ab2b2dd0484a89130e625aa.jpg

Zierer delivered the first ever Star Shape attraction in the United States last week and she's a beauty!

Edited by A.J.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, thanks for the support and kind comments! I was not sure if there would be much want to see a Parkitect creation with the software still in alpha, but I'm glad to see people are checking out my park.

Midgetman, I agree they are a little tricky but the elements you can make are so much fun ! My only gripe is the lack of supports in some areas , in this case the Immelmann and vertical loop. I hope custom supports come out soon as I specialize in B&M coasters.

Flip and Paradox, thanks again for looking ! Do you all have Parkitect ? I'd love to see what the TPR community is coming up with. Paradox, it just takes a little time to get used to the game but I'm flattered you would say I have skills. I would be happy to share any tips , tutorials , mod help etc. as I want to support the developers and help get some attention to the software , and also because I want to encourage creativity in general !

Never stop creating!

I am very excited to see a game like Parkitect come along, as another TPR member said, it seems like it was made by enthusiasts, for enthusiasts, let's support them the best we can!

I'm off for another build session, I'll be sure to show you the next completed set of rides in the near future.

^Afraid I don't have it myself, maybe it's because of the inevitable comparison to Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, but the graphics of the game bother me a lot. (Also, how steep path inclines are. Which is a strange thing to nitpick about, I realize.)

I'm way more likely to buy it after they finish making campaign mode. I like sandbox and all but if a game is going to LOOK like a game, I might as well also get the challenge of one.

Hello folks, here is update 2 for Port Costa Resort on Parkitect!

I have begun building Evergreen Peak, themed to a mountain mining town, it will feature 2 major rides including the newly opened Evergreen Peak Log Flume as well as an indoor/outdoor mine cart coaster which is currently in development.

Boardwalk Super Slide and Lighthouse Spin are now installed at Lighthouse Landing, and a new miniature railroad connects the Ferris Wheel hub to what will soon be Forgotten Mountain. Forgotten Mountain will be themed to a lost jungle city where dinosaurs still roam!

After building these new additions I am itching to get another major coaster installed. I realize many of the park's coasters will be B&Ms so I will alternate between B&M and other coasters as to not burn out on one concept. I am thinking of making the mine coaster the next build... or possibly the T-Rex wooden coaster concept... What do you think should go in first?

Railroad001.thumb.jpg.c57f7d81870d90be5f49d81700f0f8d0.jpg

You can choose to walk, or take the train to Forgotten Mountain (yet to be built)

LighthouseLanding0012jpg.thumb.jpg.fba7b9f87e112849fdba32b519f44f21.jpg

Lighthouse Landing has some new rides, Lighthouse Spin is very popular!

EPLF001.thumb.jpg.a0c9a30c22cc788675d297deb4cc3359.jpg

This is where the mine coaster will be installed.

EPLF002.thumb.jpg.c6041aa661dcc15907ae5e7ea4919dc4.jpg

Evergreen Peak Log Flume

132949442_EvergreenExpress001.thumb.jpg.ef4a675538db6316f6cd2f888adb2363.jpg

Evergreen Express

682747079_EvergreenExpress002.thumb.jpg.029b6094b6f441170a9773e13e0e2bf2.jpg

Evergreen Express

Looks great! I've never been great at building my own park from scratch with all the terrain work as I just don't have enough creativity/skills to do it at the moment. I can't wait until scenarios are released since building custom coasters and rides will be so much easier for me.

Thanks Paradox! The new terrain system is great, I find it much easier in Parkitect than in RCT games.Thew new 9a update is available! The Tourbilion multi-axis ride is now available. An Intamin gigacoaster is expected to be the next major in-game asset added.

Here is the next update for port Costa Resort!

-Forgotten Mountain is about 50% done including the new GCI T-Rex wooden coaster! Other rides include Rain Dance (Top Spin) and Carnivore (Huss Jump2). You will notice in the screens a large blank area.. I'm torn at the moment whther to add a dark ride or some more flat rides. I think I might wait for more assets to come out before adding to this area.

I'm think the B&M wing coaster is next to go up.

Edit: Pictures coming soon, there is a problem with mods and the new alpha.