TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Coils Park

I swear, making this thread took longer than the actual park...

30th June 1987

Hello, I'm David Brown. I was just cleaning my room (even though I live on my own. I still love keeping things tidy!) until I stumbled across a letter. It was one of those letters that get written multiple times and then sold. I bought this one, a park request.

Hello there, Michael Beach. You are that guy who is like the king of amusement and theme parks! I want to open a new park called Coils Park. I just think it would be really nice to own one, you know? I know the name seems quite weird but a lot of stuff in a park is a bit like a coil, no? Everything seems to spin in some way at a park. Your eyes, coasters, flat rides, even ferris wheels! You can maybe get some sort of spinning merchandise. Also, my surname is 'Coil'! Anyway, back on topic, it's 1984 right now and I want to open the park in 1989. Maybe start off with a nice wooden coaster and a merry-go-round? Definitely sounds nice to me. I'll do whatever I need to do in order to keep it successful.

-Dave Bill Coil, 25th March 1984

It's 1987 right now, so I guess it's the waiting game until 1989.

15th April 1989

It was opening day and the park was a roaring success! It survives! Dave B. Coil is insanely happy about how the day went. I couldn't find any photos from any of my cameras. No nothing. ALL other photos of Coils Park were strictly no-copyrighted. I was only around 12 at the time and that was the only time I went. But now, the time has come. I haven't had the chance to go here for thirteen years. I didn't look up any photos because I wanted it to be a surprise. The only thing I heard was that the government had ripped down ALL of the trees in 2001! How mean of them! But that won't make Dave Coil give up. I wanted to go in 2002, no matter what. So it's time to go...

I found it! It's HUGE! Those coasters and rides are HUMONGOUS! The park has also managed to re-plant some trees.

They allowed me to use those flying camera things so I used that to my advantage. This is Corkscrew. I love how it twists above the path and how the corkscrew gets so close to that turn after the loop. I love the look of it.

This is Ultradips. This is AWESOME. That airtime is so intense and there's a bit after the first drop where you go up this massive hill, then down and into a super fast turn that goes into a headchopper and then straight into an airtime hill. It's insane. Also, there's this tiny hill that just completely ejects you out of your seat. Nobody saw that coming. NOBODY. There are also dips and hills that go above and below the exit and entrance and a 360 degree helix below the exit and entrance. Did I mention how intense it is?

This is (Barrel) Rolling Hills. The first three hills slightly increase in height each time. The first part of each of the three hills is one tile of chain lift that is 70mph. This creates the launch to catapult the ride over insane airtime hills and the inside top hat. After the inside top hat, there are a few more airtime hills (no chain lift) and then a giant loop before hitting the brake run. After the brake run, there is a banked turn leading in to two barrel rolls and then goes in to the station. It's one of the most popular rides in the park.

This is Adventure River, the longest ride at the park. It's a great family ride, but it can get quite scary for the kids at some points. 90% of the trees in the park are here.

This is, err, Mount... Breakneck. Why BREAKNECK? I guess it swings really violently at some points but the restraints and seats are really soft. It's one of the only rides that actually really got me screaming at some points and I really love coasters! I find it so impressive how people just barely above the minimum height are going on it. They just cling on to the handlebars as tight as possible and close their eyes. I guess that makes sense, then. I actually did Mount Breakneck twice (once with my eyes closed). It doesn't take away the intensity, it only takes away how high you are.

I forgot to mention, I'm not really going to do the flat rides. By that, I won't do pictures. I'll only do the name and the ride type.

Pink Disco (Giant Frisbee)

Bionic Spinner (Robot Arm)

Ferris Wheel (Ferris Wheel)

RotoDrop (Rotating Drop Tower)

Sea Storm (ferry ride)

There's also a work-in-progress train ride.

Here it is, the tallest coaster in the park. King Cobra. Lines were a walk on ALL DAY. Also, the coaster below this was a walk on as well. It has a giant launch to 100mph before going up a huge cobra roll (done with quarter and dive loops as this was a Stormrunner coaster). It then goes back down onto a long stretch of track before hitting a very short brake run, into another cobra roll (using the same technique with dive and quarter loops) and then into the brake run. When going down, there is a quarter turn.

Finally, this is Blue Scream, another coaster with an empty line the whole day. It was a 20 train stand up coaster, which means 80 people can ride at once. It has a 4mph chainlift but that doesn't take away how scary it is. It's definitely one of the scarier rides in the park, along with (Barrel) Rolling Hills, Mount Breakneck, Pink Disco, Ultradips and Bionic Spinner. To be honest, I didn't really find anything else that scary. Keep up to date to see new trees replanting, new theming and even more expansion! Bye!

Edited by Coils_Park

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it looks very... RCT3-ish.

I think this is an OK start. I would recommend making more realistic coasters though, and more foilage.

I know I need more trees. In the story, all of the trees were cut down one or two years ago. I like the coasters how they are right now,

I know there's so much room to improve, but I can't do everything at once. In two or three days, I'll do an update (adding more trees and improving the park in general). Sorry if it's quite bad.

Well, it looks very... RCT3-ish.

I think this is an OK start. I would recommend making more realistic coasters though, and more foilage.

What ^ said.

I would highly recommend creating more realistic coasters, more foliage, and maybe a tad of CS here and there if possible.

Not bad, but not great.

I agree with both TheCoasterKid211 and thrillseeker4552. It looks like an interesting park but it could definitely use some more realism if that's what you are aiming for. Also if you are going to put a date on the park (you said it was set in 1989) you have to make sure the park's rides match the time period. A giant frisbee, King Cobra, and Rolling Hills were definitely not around in 1989. This park isn't bad and I like how varied the coasters are, but it could definitely use some work.

I agree with both TheCoasterKid211 and thrillseeker4552. It looks like an interesting park but it could definitely use some more realism if that's what you are aiming for. Also if you are going to put a date on the park (you said it was set in 1989) you have to make sure the park's rides match the time period. A giant frisbee, King Cobra, and Rolling Hills were definitely not around in 1989. This park isn't bad and I like how varied the coasters are, but it could definitely use some work.

1989 is when it OPENED. The pictures was from my trip in 2002. As I said before, I haven't had the chance to go in thirteen years. Sorry for the confusion! Anyway, on with an update!

Now that I think of it, in 1989, I realized I only checked MY cameras for pictures (well, I only had one camera for myself). Not even my mother's or father's. But I knew that they wouldn't have any since they didn't bring a camera with them. Doesn't mean I can ask some of my older relatives, though. Next time I visit them, I'll make sure to look through the cameras and see if I find any pictures. It might take a few days, but at least when I do find them, it will be worth it...

I re-visited the park in 2003. I now go here every year. Last year in 2002, they actually started planting trees in the operating season. Bit by bit every night, they were digging holes for ponds and planting lots of trees. A friend of mine told me that.

But little did I know, the park had changed so much...

I visited in around the middle of July, the 17th of July 2003 to be exact. There were around 800 guests in the park and the entrance fee went from £20.00 (in 2002) to... £15.00??? (this year) They reduced the park entrance fee, but I clearly knew why...

Two questions. Where is King Cobra? Where is (Barrel) Rolling Hills?! I didn't know where they went, or why they went. But at least they planted some beautiful trees, though. I can still see every other ride standing, why did they have to take out my two favourites???

Ponds, trees, new rides... I love how they did in the 2002 season, just plopping down tree seeds and digging holes in midnight (as well as removing/adding rides in the off-season). There is a new Merry-Go-Round, always nice.

The next thing I see is that they've added a bit more to the station. There isn't much new to Corkscrew, only a bit added on the top.

I.. still don't like Ultradips' station. At all. It's just bland. I hate being in a cramped brick shed like that. Ultradips was down due to restraint locking failure for about thirty minutes at that time, hence the taped queue fence. People started getting pretty annoyed at the fact they just wouldn't lock. When they eventually did lock, everyone had to get off so they could test the trains again. They later got one free Ultradips merchandise and one Anti-Queue pass for the ride.

Mount Breakneck had been renamed to Mountain Hang. It had been down for the whole day. Every once in a while, they would send out a train. There was a sign at the queue entrance that said "Sorry! Mountain Hang is closed for maintenance. We will get the problem solved as soon as possible. We hope to get this ride re-opened for next year....".

Blue Scream! They also got a new station! Did you know that I named 'Blue Scream' after 'Green Scream' at Adventure Island? Green Scream has a very long train and so does Blue Scream, so why not name Blue Scream after Green Scream? Blue Scream is a VERY intense coaster. If you stand, yes, stand, in the correct place, you manage to get through the two inversions very slowly, it offers amazing hang-time.

Err, this is Clown Town, new for 2003. There are two rides currently, Circus and Trampoline. There used to be so many people down here because of (Barrel) Rolling Hills. I'm sure Clown Town will expand soon.

I said they would expand! This appears to be a brand new family coaster coming soon to Clown Town.

So, Coils Park has a brand new logo and a card that has arrows pointing to the coasters. I really love this park, I'm coming back in 2004, definitely!

20/11/15...changes... it has change....89...04...

I give apologies, but the update will be delayed, too much stuff going on.

The stuff I've been working on in the update is my first time doing it and probably all of you know what it is...

Once again, sorry for the delay, it's been taking slightly longer than expected. I can't play RCT3 all day, you know...

Don't whine at me over the awful footer placements. The footers seriously don't go well at all with Gadget's supports.

So, the last few days have been pretty tough for me. It took me absolutely forever to find the camera and even a bit of hacking to get the pictures on my PC, so the quality comes out really good. When I did eventually find it, I saw that they had no shots of the entire park, just the rides... So, let's put out these pictures! I also had to edit the photos heavily to try and get the best colour possible!

Screenshot_22.png.80841de44cdc14d92254741393eeb4c5.png

This is Waveswinger. They took around sixty to seventy photos of it, nearly half of the camera's memory! When I asked them why there were so many, they just said 'We wanted a good one'. Not the best of answers, but what would you expect from a 112 year old and a 101 year old?

Screenshot_23.png.13f7ebb48904b24c2ef52d8b1ed9d195.png

Merry-Go-Round was a standard Carousel ride from RJA's Old-School Rides. They took sixteen photos of it.

Screenshot_24.png.7fc447b145a4250ca5c572988ab4b4ba.png

This was Big Slide. There was quite a long queue all the time and kids were constantly caught trying to do it a second time without queuing up again. Sigh, memories, memories...

Screenshot_25.png.650183a4a7f5ae092abfd52aca1a1774.png

Dippy Mice or Dippymice or whatever. This was and is a very infamous and widely discussed ride...

Screenshot_26.png.d003b3a5af6e3b61fb5626438bb880d5.png

Discussions included its new location in ColossalLand, how it has been voted the coaster with the most airtime, its freaking over-the-top intensity... so much to say about it!

That's all the decent pictures I could find on. Oh and the park dropped its very strict 'no copyright' rule, that no longer exists! However, I'm still not stealing from others.

Now, for Coils Park. I visited the website just for the prices and all of the website was just black and other dark colours. It used to be all bright and bubbly! Now, it's just all dark. The price had dropped again to TEN POUNDS. It used to be higher. With all the black, a less lively logo and a price drop, I know 2004 isn't a good season for Coils Park... I rang them wanting to know about this. I wouldn't do this, but I really wanted to know about this NOW! I rang them and I asked. All they replied was 'Past events. Anything else you'd like to know?' I said 'No' and they hung up without an 'okay' or 'bye' or anything... Something must be seriously wrong with the park. I don't know anything. I'm almost lost for words. But I still can't wait to visit...

When I started driving up to the park, the signs with directions to Coils Park turned from rainbow and happy colours to... black and grey and a tiny bit of white. Instead of saying 'Coils Park is to your right! We hope you have a lovely stay!' to 'Coils Park right'. I didn't know why until I saw it... it.

Screenshot_27.png.f74dbcdf3d826ceff23a46d3ee2b3132.png

...WHAT... I immediately knew what nightmares Coils Park had been through in the off-season. I saw a new Revolution. I visited in March, by the way. No Mountain Hang. Only half of Ultradips. No RotoDrop. No Corkscrew. Blue Scream has new stuff.

Screenshot_28.png.c243140ee93964ff24c96f3715bc3f3e.png

At the entrance, I saw a big grey wall blocking off views. Some of it had fallen off. It said "New companies like .......... and lots more are re-designing Coils Park. We have done Blue Scream, now known as .........! Next we did Corkscrew and added ........ on Ultra..... Suddenly, a train on Co....rew had stalled in the exit station in testing and the lift hill malfunctioned, sending the other tra.....super speed up the hill. The brakes failed and rammed into the back of the t.... in the exit station, bursting into flames. The fire raged on through the park, oblit.....ing the ride and taking Merry-Go-Round, Rot....p and a portion of Ultradips with it. Now, Corks...w is now Corkscrewed Up as it is now a pile of ashes. Vendors were choking and burning to death as the smoke had spread to their stalls. They cou..... in time and perished. Everyone else escaped. Now, the burnt part of Ul...... is completely black, as small parts of wood fell off and the entire ride was making horrible splinter sounds. Even...... it gave in and fe....... the ground, a bit of it landing on Sea Storm, taking that ride, the operator and a mechanic with it. Sea Storm went up in flames as well but was instant..... out. Also, the station building collapsed, bending parts of the station. These rides will not be operating now and Ultra.....due for demolition due to the structure being considered unsafe. We also added a cou......things and you can find them!"

Screenshot_29.png.a18498531d34f2d9e1667269ac69e300.png

I could not believe what I just read. Everything is just... gone! I wanted to leave but I couldn't. They added two and a half new rides. Blue Scream is now Thunderstruck, a new Revolution called Orange Disco and a new helicopter ride called Happycopters, but nobody seems happy now.

Screenshot_30.png.98b108315ac14f0018f45b81524b19a7.png

Destruction photos that happened in the off season

Screenshot_31.png.c7e1b567bf1c77845c6ae2e63386f403.png

Destruction

Screenshot_32.png.2f347b9d399adc18521269677cee05c8.png

Destruction

Screenshot_33.png.b05ab95c9fd8c69504d41a6286ecf0d1.png

R.I.P Ultradips

Screenshot_34.png.ff07778eac9bbf9ec72ad08bd517f437.png

Total destruction

Screenshot_35.png.39fc7eacf24c8fc39e58c6209a7505e6.png

Station crush

Screenshot_36.png.cac0a8d7ecae8634f4fe9a639d6dcbd6.png

A new ride, Leaping Logs

Screenshot_37.png.c3b11394cfe62fcd438e52f5994d2ae7.png

Happycopters, a temporary ride. Orange Disco is temporary as well.

Screenshot_38.png.c9e7b5d04ad2204cb218aeb387b267ed.png

Orange Disco sat next to a new cafe, the Bamboo Eatery. Orange Disco was on this mountain-type terrain, could this be the planning for the brand new Mountain Hang?

Screenshot_39.png.6306ac4fc32cf769dc06a564b31a15c2.png

Thunderstruck, the new Blue Scream.

Screenshot_40.png.0372e32b64d4011f2e83c9c5ff159c13.png

Goodbye, Ultradips. Goodbye, every other ride that has fallen to the fire.

The CS looked absolutely HIDEOUS, I know. So I decided against a CS park and am now making one without CS, so everyone can download it!

2005: Lakes, Sci-Fi and Chaos

24th July 2005

It's finally 2005. Last season was an absolute nightmare for the park. Curious for what happened this year, I checked on the website.

It's back to being all colourful!

Today will be a great day...

I drove up and the sign said "Coils Park to your right, have a super-fabuolous day!"

The sign changes every year, ha ha. Now to actually visit the park.

Screenshot_44.png.f654db9a21a01ab50b9dd8eca195f2d0.png

R.I.P Ultradips. Anyway, I see a new Mountain Hang... a BLUE one?!

Screenshot_45.png.e956fbf004e26b37540db5281cc74986.png

Kind of a weird picture, but it's something. The entrance was back up to £15. Also, the new Mountain Hang is peeking at the back!

Screenshot_46.png.883cc4236b7f0d77bd1158351ee464cf.png

It's a very weird entrance, after you go through the gates, you're inside this weird building with an entertainer wandering through here every now and then. The torches and building design look similar to the ones in Thrillville: Pirate Adventure, a park in the world-famous Thrillville chain.

Screenshot_47.png.1f73e7879571485058b1807b306e1f2a.png

When you exit, three information booths greet you that sell maps and umbrellas, with the staff giving information. When it was my go, they HAD to mention Ultradips and the fire... UGH!

Screenshot_48.png.90c0ddaa8dfa3d978ed1442825391757.png

Wait, I though they would knock out Orange Disco for the new Mountain Hang... I also said that Orange Disco was temporary, but this doesn't seem to be the case now.

Screenshot_49.png.d3ffee606dec55183b350f71f5c6b1e7.png

The Bamboo Eatery is sometimes quite crowded, but it's really nice in there. I heard that half the wall fell down after a large fight between teenagers and adults started because one of them shoved another in to the water. They both fell in, fought each other and then security guards dragged them out and then one of them kicked the guard super hard in the leg, making him fall to the ground. The teenage and adult group started a huge brawl while others tried to help the guard, who only sustained a back and a head injury, along with a broken leg. He recovered a couple weeks later, looking absolutely fine like nothing happened. He even likes to talk about the mayhem and how he even blacked out for a few seconds. After that, he worked as a ride operator. The fight was still going on and it was complete mayhem. People throwing others into water, smashing them into the Bamboo Eatery and barging through the new Mountain Hang's queue, resulting in many splashing into the water. Kids were screaming at the top of their voices and shouted for help while some got into a huge team and the fighters got what they deserved - getting drenched in freezing cold water. In a nutshell: People of all ages fought and people of all ages defended. Bags, phones and photos float and sink in the water. Six people died in the fight and everyone who was seen fighting were thrown to the ground by police and arrested. Others who tried to hurt the police couldn't, because about seventy police officers and forty medics were on the scene (crowds and staff as well). This madness happened in May and the Bamboo Eatery re-opened in late June. It really is a nice place.

Screenshot_50.png.6c5d4cea6e641ee72c14008bc63eb559.png

...but the only problem is that it has no toilets.

Screenshot_51.png.bcf0e64d4915e4d6f59c89506696ad5e.png

This is Mountain Ha--- The Lake Thing. Plans originally said that the ride would be around a mountain, but it soon turned into a water-themed ride. The restraints are REALLY soft. Like that security guard, I blacked out at the very last turn and a ride operator woke me up, saying it's common to black out on the ride. I guess that's just what a swinging coaster does.

Screenshot_52.png.b28d33409d4bccc799f5e0fc5cd43f96.png

Near the end it goes into a short brake run to slow down the car a little bit. The next bit is very 'intimidating' how the ride goes through these turns very low to the ground.

Screenshot_53.png.3dea1c66cb8cbc0878e1ce90d11d2301.png

Now to investigate the new station and stuff for Thunderstruck. The station looks very nice, to be honest.

Screenshot_54.png.9b464aad50ea5f428fbba8d5834443b9.png

Inside Thunderstruck's station, with one train flying through the corkscrew

Screenshot_55.png.715b57e3f2c492eb0ee6c5e6f0232f16.png

Thunderstruck

Screenshot_56.png.74f3d7554b43a22061a396d48755c779.png

I asked why they were sending an empty train, some people were sick absolutely EVERYWHERE so they didn't operate the cars with the sick on. It was then down for about twenty to thirty minutes to clean up the spill.

Screenshot_57.png.da5300d634ab34716dd84866c450159b.png

The Lake Thing

Screenshot_58.png.8f038bfb89739a70b7733e71a709d646.png

Another new ride was Carousel, next to a very wavy path

Screenshot_59.png.d3237de3058fe4e8e622c9f5dfe9ae78.png

A weird dome thing next to the new Hydroponic Restaurant

Screenshot_60.png.9da546798c27d0f3259af69f2bd977c8.png

Chaos is another new ride, looks interesting. It's the most expensive ride in the park, with a price of eight tokens for one rider (one token is 50p). Bionic Spinner is second with seven, then Thunderstruck, Pink Disco and The Lake Thing with six.

Screenshot_61.png.0d344fe32f294c690145e2df7105f55b.png

Adventure River and Thunderstruck

Screenshot_62.png.d498474a09ad11c9b29ac1cc1b4b2c18.png

The Hydroponic Restaurant. This place is more crowded than the Bamboo Eatery.

Screenshot_63.png.13af87ef057770dd2f2c7c06acf2a2d9.png

People ordering in the restaurant

Screenshot_64.png.48c09a00fd60c3c28d9535e4004c1697.png

Weird plants are everywhere, as well as adults casually walking through lights and dropping litter next to a bin. #ClassicRCT

Screenshot_65.png.b82c3c939b7ed63252f53094152d8236.png

A close-up of a plant

Screenshot_66.png.15046660ea43cab21a5abd0c0d503d9a.png

I guess they're trying to advertise The Lake Thing with this model of a squid/octopus attacking a ship and the ship is going down. At least it's something to put in an empty lake.

Screenshot_67.png.45ee345562270e78227598b963bbd34a.png

This is the entrance, Hydroponic Restaurant and the new building that contains Bionic Spinner. They made it so you can only see the ride if you're on it. Other than that, you get very limited views off ride.

Screenshot_68.png.8a25c44172dfdc6c319765280bd89a2f.png

The park has now confirmed Pink Disco is a part of Clown Town. Happycopters is nowhere to be seen.

I forgot to bring a park map, sorry... Bye anyway!

Okay, you might not know this already, but...

I don't like this park. If you were able to delete posts, I'd do that and create a new one, starting from opening day in 1989. Heck, I even want to push the opening date back to around 1980 or something. But you can't delete posts. When I started, I knew I messed this up really bad. REALLY bad. I don't think anyone likes the fact I started doing it in 2002 instead of opening day, that must have confused a lot of people. The park in general just looks terrible and the storyline is awful. The rides seem unfit for the park. A Giant Frisbee opening in 2002 seems so unrealistic. At the top of this page, I did a couple pictures of opening day. The park looked awful and it was way too small.

Pretty much everything is wrong and I want to start again. With a better storyline. With a better layout. With more realistic rides in their date. With more detail in general. WIth better stations. Restaurants. Better coasters. More realistic ponds and trees.

I think you now know how much I want to start again. When I made this account, I thought to myself that I would make the best park ever and ended up completely failing trying to do it. I wanted to push my limits but I just slipped. I want to make another BETTER version of Coils Park, starting in the opening date, with a completely different storyline and better detail, I'd actually push my limits that time.

• 4 months later...